Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardas wife attacked in home

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Blackbush1905

didn't know there was gangs prepared to do this kind of stuff in Mayo of all places. republican dissidents?

Well this is what it is republican dissidents cannot operate within NI without M15 /Special branch watching their activities, they have hardly any support (apart from a few spastics in the house at the end of the row)in dirty derry, almost non exsistent in greater belfast area. The only place were these organisations can hold any sway is counties like mayo because if the boys over the border act naughty they ll be joining they're comrades in roes house. They 'll throw there weight about "mayo brigade real ira" but all their every going to be useful for is stroking a van to give to some dublin **** to bring over the border to give to some norn irish dissident whos a tout and tells the peelers about the whole operation!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

HondaSami wrote: »
    She was home alone and her children were asleep upstairs, it must have been very scary for her, it's not a laughing matter tbh.

I agree with you.

howeeeeeeeevvvver, why is making jokes at this off-limits whilst other things are not? :confused: How many threads have been posted about a famous person dying and que tons of sick jokes? ... in fact, I can't help but think if this story was about a politician it would be jokes galore or even better yet if this was a story about a junkie and his wife being attacked at home it would be "fair game"

Double standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I agree with you.

howeeeeeeeevvvver, why is making jokes at this off-limits whilst other things are not? :confused: How many threads have been posted about a famous person dying and que tons of sick jokes? ... in fact, I can't help but think if this story was about a politician it would be jokes galore or even better yet if this was a story about a junkie and his wife being attacked at home it would be "fair game"

Double standards?

I wonder if we would have heard this story if they were not pissed off over cuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

didn't know there was gangs prepared to do this kind of stuff in Mayo of all places. republican dissidents?
    Nah probably too busy slaughtering horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

a lot of these idiot local scum are into drug-dealing and many are finding out the hard way that they are now in over their heads.
    as a Garda friend of mine once told me you should see the look of sheer panic on their faces when they lose a small consignment, especially if they don't have the readies to replace it.
    he said youl'd almost feel sorry for 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

I agree with you.

Double standards?

I think it's more to do with the fact that the guy was presumably targeted because of his work, work which is focused on helping people. It implies a certain level of action criminals are now willing to escalate to in order to preserver their lifestyle, a level which is very disturbing.
    I wonder if we would have heard this story if they were not pissed off over cuts?

From me or from the papers? It's worth pointing out that this isn't the first time that a Garda has been followed home or harassed while off duty, it's just the first time I've read about it. It's also an escalation in the level of harassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

most of these idiots still live at home with their mammys, and the lifestyle you refer to involves driving around in a nissan micra with a bean can exhaust and a few go-fast stripes, whilst enjoying a few cans of cheap cider, dressed in penny's or dunne's latest chav-gear.

hardly the Corleones.:D

Advertisement