If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46 Inch tv options

Options
  • 05-03-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Long term lurker here, in the market for a new tv - looking for prices on something in the 46" region (LCD/LED), preferably not 3D and preferably not Samsung or Philips. the more HDMI inputs the better..
    Budget isn't huge unfortunately so hi end stuff is out.
    (Fussy I know! - have had issues with Samsung in the past and just a general dislike of Philips TVs!)

Any suggestions/help appreciated!

Z.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

zinzan wrote: »
    Hi!

Long term lurker here, in the market for a new tv - looking for prices on something in the 46" region (LCD/LED), preferably not 3D and preferably not Samsung or Philips. the more HDMI inputs the better..
    Budget isn't huge unfortunately so hi end stuff is out.
    (Fussy I know! - have had issues with Samsung in the past and just a general dislike of Philips TVs!)

Any suggestions/help appreciated!

Z.
    ZZ,

many thanks for the post - no idea of budget so here are a few options:

Our current fave 46/47" is the:

Toshiba 46TL968 at £549.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/46tl968b/tosh-46tl968b
    As with most larger screen TV's these days they will all tend to have additional features (3D / Smart etc) and this Tosh is no different - however the Tosh also has some really useful features not normally seen in this price category such as 200Hz AMR motion processing and built in Wifi - it also have 4 HDMI and USB input so it's pretty well featured on the connectivity front..

Next up would be the Panasonic TXL47E5 at £549.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl47e5b/pana-txl47e5b
    150Hz scanning this time and it's one of the few 46/47's that we stock without 3D (but it's still smart)
    4 HDMI and 2 USB on the connection front

Our most popular large screen by a country mile at the moment is the Panasonic TXP50ST50 which is a really fantastic, top quality set at an amazing price - £799.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50st50b/pana-txp50st50b
    This is a 3D set - but the absolute top-notch quality is what sets this unit completely apart from pretty much every other TV under £1000 - has to be seen to be believed..

If you would like models further up the range just drop me a line and we will do our very best to assist,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Hi John,

Many thanks for your quick response. Budget wise, it looks like I'm shooting myself in the foot ruling out Samsung and Philips.. may have to revisit that one - although that Toshiba certainly looks like it fits my requirements.. on the downside, I've just been hit with an unexpected car repair bill of 550 euro, so the purchase plans have taken a step back for now :(

Thanks again, and sorry about that..

Z.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zinzan wrote: »
    Hi John,

Many thanks for your quick response. Budget wise, it looks like I'm shooting myself in the foot ruling out Samsung and Philips.. may have to revisit that one - although that Toshiba certainly looks like it fits my requirements.. on the downside, I've just been hit with an unexpected car repair bill of 550 euro, so the purchase plans have taken a step back for now

Thanks again, and sorry about that..

Z.
    Hey Zinzan.

No problem at all!!! Sorry to hear that your Car was unwell :).

When you are ready again drop us a line and we can have another look for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.