Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 2 smashed screen how much to sell it?

• 05-03-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

My beloved iPad 2 slipped from my hand and the screen smashed. There is also a small dent on the corner outer silver metal casing so I'm unsure if it could be repaired. Any ideas what it would fetch price wise if I try to sell it as it is? It still works but screen is badly cracked and small glass splinters are an issue. It's just the basic 16gb wifi version :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My beloved iPad 2 slipped from my hand and the screen smashed. There is also a small dent on the corner outer silver metal casing so I'm unsure if it could be repaired. Any ideas what it would fetch price wise if I try to sell it as it is? It still works but screen is badly cracked and small glass splinters are an issue. It's just the basic 16gb wifi version :(

Not a lot, I'd imagine. Too costly to repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

culabula wrote: »

Not a lot, I'd imagine. Too costly to repair.
    Ill take it to "click" in Athlone today and see what they can do, they quoted €109 the other day without seeing it and takes an hour to repair at the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Ill take it to "click" in Athlone today and see what they can do, they quoted €109 the other day without seeing it and takes an hour to repair at the store.

yeah, drive to Athlone, that will save you money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭stretch00

I know they're possibly a bit far from you, but look up rightclick, they have 2 stores in Dublin city, official apple repair centre. They've repaired my iphone and my daughters ipod perfectly and for less than I was expecting. Liked their attitude as well. www.right-click.ie (mod please remove if this breaches add rules)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

stretch00 wrote: »
    I know they're possibly a bit far from you, but look up rightclick, they have 2 stores in Dublin city, official apple repair centre. They've repaired my iphone and my daughters ipod perfectly and for less than I was expecting. Liked their attitude as well. www.right-click.ie (mod please remove if this breaches add rules)
    There is no authorised repair centres in Ireland for iPhone. Only for Macs and maybe iPods I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

same thing happened me although it was my two year old dropping my sisters ipad 2. The screen smashed and there was a dent. Paid 95e to a crowd in Ballycoolin estate:
    syncron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

sweetie wrote: »
    same thing happened me although it was my two year old dropping my sisters ipad 2. The screen smashed and there was a dent. Paid 95e to a crowd in Ballycoolin estate:
    syncron

They sell the replacement screen for €37. So they're charging €58 in labour.

For that money, I'd be inclined to buy the screen from them, download a walkthrough from the internet, and give it a go myself. Worst case is that you can't complete it, and you can bring it into them then.

Money is too hard to come by these days, and €58 certainly isn't to be sniffed at. They also sell the tool kit for it for about a fiver, incase you don't have the tiny screwdrivers.

You're up 50 quid if you do it yourself.

Soarer wrote: »

They sell the replacement screen for €37. So they're charging €58 in labour.

For that money, I'd be inclined to buy the screen from them, download a walkthrough from the internet, and give it a go myself. Worst case is that you can't complete it, and you can bring it into them then.

Money is too hard to come by these days, and €58 certainly isn't to be sniffed at. They also sell the tool kit for it for about a fiver, incase you don't have the tiny screwdrivers.

You're up 50 quid if you do it yourself.
    I tried that recently with an iPod touch and the new screen cracked trying to prise the glass into its final position, very tedious job, I got it repaired total cost at "click" was €129 as they had to repai a tiny dent in the corner of the body wheeit took fill impact. That was costly all because I tried to catch a clothes horse from falling while my crazy dog went mental in the kitchen after our cat :)

Update.

Very disappointed the iPad power button is not working now, it was working prior to the replacement glass being fitted.

Hope they acknowledge a mistake on their part and sort it after paying them €129 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Update.

Very disappointed the iPad power button is not working now, it was working prior to the replacement glass being fitted.

Hope they acknowledge a mistake on their part and sort it after paying them €129 :(

Happened to me too once I got a screen replaced in Galway on an iPad 2, didn't notice the power button until a week later and the guy fixed it when I went back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement