Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Comms?

• 05-03-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

What is the best bike comms you can get at the moment for two riders (not a rider and pillion) that will not break the bank. Is there anyone on here that uses a comms setup all the time or quite frequently?

I am looking at the Scala Rider G9 set, but some of the review have been very negative with riders saying they are very buggy and they are not cheap €400ish. I was looking at the shark bluetooth but I dont have a shark lid and aint buying one just for the comms.

Any other units out there I am missing?

Thanx ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

Your missing the Sena SMH10 and SMH5. I got the 10 to use with pillion but she hasn't been on the back since i got it. Great reviews online but again not cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cheers big ears (joke apologies if you do have large ears!) :pac:

Will have a look at them now, where did you purchase yours from?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

no apology needed, there regular :P

I actually ordered it from JC motorcycles in USA on e bay. Forgot about postman getting €60 tax off me on delivery but still slightly cheaper than anywhere else. About €300 for 2 headsets. In case you needed this is the reply I got from Sena about the different models as I was confused when ordering. Loads of youtube videos on them.

"Thank you for your interest.
    Here's a clarification.
    SMH10-10 Basic Kit - Single
    SMH10D-10 Basic Kit - Dual
    SMH10-11 Universal Mic. Kit - Single
    SMH10D-11 Universal Mic. Kit - Dual
    So, SMH10D is model name for dual kits and it is divided by a couple of types of packages for helmet. We don't have official part name for SMH10D01B although B is used to call firmware upgradeable models. As for full-face helmets, we recommend -11 model since it has wired microphone. Sometimes, boom microphone is not working in full-face helmets."

I see they are listed on amazon.co.uk, I will have a good read of the reviews....Thanx again.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Very handy piece of kit for when you and lookbehindyou are heading up to the road races

Whats the range like on these???

• Advertisement

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Very handy piece of kit for when you and lookbehindyou are heading up to the road races

Whats the range like on these???

Well the scala rider G9's have a (claimed) 1 mile radius so thats no good with smiler going the races, I would need a busa and a heavy wrist to stay a within a mile of him ;)

Nah seriously, most of the bluetooth units are anywhere from 1000mts to a mile. Be very handy when I go to Germany for a road trip too. Even on the spins on Sunday when we out for 5hrs with 10 lads it would be good craic.

There is a place in Wicklow Darren that sells them Scala sets, I think its online as (phonesonline.ie) and leppla said they are based in wickla

Do you know the shop?
    http://www.phonesonline.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well the scala rider G9's have a (claimed) 1 mile radius so thats no good with smiler going the races, I would need a busa and a heavy wrist to stay a within a mile of him ;)

Nah seriously, most of the bluetooth units are anywhere from 1000mts to a mile. Be very handy when I go to Germany for a road trip too. Even on the spins on Sunday when we out for 5hrs with 10 lads it would be good craic.

There is a place in Wicklow Darren that sells them Scala sets, I think its online as (phonesonline.ie) and leppla said they are based in wickla

Do you know the shop?

They only have a mile range if you've got line of sight. Once you start going around bends/hills/hedges they are no use. In order to get a bigger range you need to have CBs as PMRs don't have enough power.

Do you know the shop?
    Sorry Gary i only seen this now

Did you get in touch with this company???

The Ballyronan Rd is literally 5 mins from where i live

the company must operate from his house as there are no retail units on that road

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Sorry Gary i only seen this now

Did you get in touch with this company???

The Ballyronan Rd is literally 5 mins from where i live

the company must operate from his house as there are no retail units on that road

Good to know, myself and leppla where gonna take a spin over for a look at the units!!!

Well thats that out the window. Will have to bite the bullet and just order a set online and hope they are good.

Good to know, myself and leppla where gonna take a spin over for a look at the units!!!

Well thats that out the window. Will have to bite the bullet and just order a set online and hope they are good.

Leave it with me il go and have a look for them tomorrow evening and see what type of a set up it is ok

Save yous the hassle of coming down this far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Came across this today, it might be of some use!

Details

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Came across this today, it might be of some use!

Details

Thanx for the link ;) but I went ahead and ordered a set of Scala Rider Dual G9's with leppla off here. I should have them by the weekend, got a good price on them aswell so we see how we go with them.

Advertisement