Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

112 Emergency SMS Service Now Available

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, just a quick piece of information that I thought some of ye may find handy.

With most of us shooting \ hunting well away from other people and usually in remote areas and often times out of signal for voice calls on our mobiles theres a relatively new Emergency SMS service now available in Ireland.

I've spoken to a representative of the service who has told me that while this service was originally designed for people with disabilities it is now not solely available to them and is available to anyone who wishes to register their mobile phone with them.

The beauty of this is in the design, if we're in an area \ wood etc where there isnt a decent voice call signal to be had on our mobiles should we get into difficulty and require assistance we can now, once registered simply send a text message to 112 with our details and what emergency service we require.
    Even if theres no voice signal available, SMS signals are usually available, even if only for short times but the data contained in sending an SMS is so small you only need a second or two of SMS signal to get your emergency SMS message sent and get help on the way.

Heres a link to the web site should you require any more info.

http://www.112.ie

I hope none of us ever need to use this service but its good to know its there is needs be.

See ya lads. :)

Advertisement