Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Pub gone in Dungarvan

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

I see THE GOWS Pub in Dungarvan closed it,s doors on Friday last :(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Terrible shame, really is, always seemed to have it's regulars, but i guess the numbers just aren't there to allow it to carry on! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Dungarvan once had one of the highest number of pubs in ireland per head of population...now there's only a handful...people's drinking habits have changed..simple as that..

everybody welcomes cheaper bottles of beer/wine etc, but actions have consequences....buy your beer in a supermarket and your local pub will close...simple economics...cant blame people to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Heard it's opening up again after this weekend, license is being transferred over.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

Dungarvan once had one of the highest number of pubs in ireland per head of population...now there's only a handful...people's drinking habits have changed..simple as that..

everybody welcomes cheaper bottles of beer/wine etc, but actions have consequences....buy your beer in a supermarket and your local pub will close...simple economics...cant blame people to be honest

do you have any evidence to support this ?

please

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

I see THE GOWS is open again.. anyone know who is after taking it over??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

hi people anyone know if the parish is still open and does the same owners still own the bar the last time I was down the guy who owned the bar also ran a fruit and veg shop across the town I would like to get in touch if anyone still knows them cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

The parish is closed and so is the fruit and veg shop where it use to be! He has opened the fruit and veg shop in the shopping centre at the entrance to dunnes!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

The Gow's is definetly open. I was there today!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

The Gow's is still closed and now Bridie Dees is gone too and for sale

Advertisement