Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 Miami

• 06-03-2013 12:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

I plan on going on a J1 this year. Do any of my fellow UCC students plan on going. None of my friends want to go due to expenses, etc. If any of you know people who are already interested, we could pool together for cheeper accommodation. We could easily manage to get together a group of 25 or more from around Ireland after having put up a facebook page about it. Smaller groups of 3/4 would want to get together since it would mean cheeper accommodation with a larger group. Everyone would get to know each other pretty fast.

At this stage I guess you'd want to be arranged with a visa department. I'm not sure if it's too late for that or not yet. I, myself would like to go to Miami(some place other than Boston for a change) but of course am open to where ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 Boscus

I'm heading to Miami, on my j1.

Yeah same problem, I am at DCU, and all friends are not interested in going, they want to spend a cold wet summer in Ireland! losers :pac::pac:

I am from Cork, but I live in Dub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Boscus wrote: »
    I'm heading to Miami, on my j1.

Yeah same problem, I am at DCU, and all friends are not interested in going, they want to spend a cold wet summer in Ireland! losers :pac::pac:

I am from Cork, but I live in Dub.

I booked for San Francisco in the end since I couldn't find anyone to go with. Also chances of getting a jobs in Miami are probably lower for obvious reasons. It's a pity I can't go. Have you joined their facebook page. It's pretty dead, and no one knows what they're apart from Sheenagh!

BTW, the Miami summer will be wet too. This will surprise the others too!

How do you know it'll be a wet summer? lol, can you back this info up? ( just curious :P )

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I'll find a job there, and if not, I can move elsewhere, I'm not bound to the one spot.

I read that only like 1% of Irish j1ers go to Miami, so jobs shouldn't be too scarce.

Nice, san fran was my plan B! you'll love it

How do you know it'll be a wet summer? lol, can you back this info up? ( just curious :P )

It's the rainy season from late May onwards in Miami every year. Miami is a slightly unorthodox move. Have you done much research? There was absolutely nothing said about it on the SAYIT website!

LasTime wrote: »
    It's the rainy season from late May onwards in Miami every year. Miami is a slightly unorthodox move. Have you done much research? There was absolutely nothing said about it on the SAYIT website!

I've done some research and I found it to be a good decision, I wish you the best on where you're headed anyway, if you ever come by miami around the time you're over, let's meet for a few! My shout ;)

• Advertisement

I've done some research and I found it to be a good decision, I wish you the best on where you're headed anyway, if you ever come by miami around the time you're over, let's meet for a few! My shout ;)

I was thinking I could fly home via Miami or something if I made enough cash out there, but I have the return ticket booked already.

Dexter is one of the few shows that you sort of get to see the real Miami in. Looks nice alright. Palm trees, flat top buildings and ford crown victiorias.. sets my teeth on edge!! Good luck

Advertisement