Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to these supplements

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi i'm new to all this and i am really just looking for advice on what would work best for my situation... the last few years i've just gotten really lazy and put on weight so i'm going back GAA training twice a week and have a fairly active job also... basically i am just looking to lose some weight FAST!! i was looking at this fat burning supplement online and i was wondering could anyone help me out in which direction would be best to go toward buying this stuff?? thanks :cool:

here is the link:
    http://www.lamuscle.com/products/fatstripperintense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

anyone at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Dont buy that crap, get your diet sorted and you'll lose weight and feel better, diet is key.

Myfitnesspal.com find out your bmr, eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.

If you're too lazy for that and really want to lose weight fast then getting a dose of malaria is your best bet, it'll work a lot better then that LA muscle spoof supp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

don't waste your money on any "fat burners" supplements. None of them work and are bad for your health.

What is your diet like?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

LA muscle are a joke of a brand - don't buy them! The guys are right though... get you diet sorted first and learn to shed the first bit of weight on your own. The diet control will is key to any diet but if you hit a plateau after a while and the weight won't come off I'd recommend these:

http://www.unsportsnutrition.ie/supplements/product/97/Weight_Managements_Systems_T6,_60_Caps

That myfitnesspal app is also really really useful for watching the calories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

robot7080 wrote: »
    LA muscle are a joke of a brand - don't buy them! The guys are right though... get you diet sorted first and learn to shed the first bit of weight on your own. The diet control will is key to any diet but if you hit a plateau after a while and the weight won't come off I'd recommend these:

http://www.unsportsnutrition.ie/supplements/product/97/Weight_Managements_Systems_T6,_60_Caps

That myfitnesspal app is also really really useful for watching the calories!

Why would you advise against one brand but then suggest another :confused:
    fat burners are fat burners no matter what brand they are - they ALL contain the same crap and are waste of money.

If you hit plateau then you are simply doing something wrong.

If the op wants to lose weight they should look after their diet and exercise regularly, and not look into taking quick fix supplements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Why would you advise against one brand but then suggest another :confused:
    fat burners are fat burners no matter what brand they are - they ALL contain the same crap and are waste of money.

If you hit plateau then you are simply doing something wrong.

If the op wants to lose weight they should look after their diet and exercise regularly, and not look into taking quick fix supplements.

I'm going to have to disagree with some of what you've said here. Fat burners are not fat burners regardless of the brand. They contain different ingredients, some proven to work, others don't. There are several which contain ingredients that have been proven to work and increase weight loss. Subjects have been given a calorie restricted diet and have seen extra weight loss compared to a placebo group. Added to this there are some that are safe, and some that will increase heart rate etc.

However, all this being said. JUSTsomeBLOKE! you don't need a fat burner. If you restrict your diet, do some reading in the stickies above on diet and nutrition you will see weight loss. You've gone from being sedentary to doing a small amount of cardio with your GAA team, that's good, but diet is key. Sort out your diet and your laughing. You'll see the pounds fall off.

Oisín

Advertisement