Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amusing Pub Tales

• 06-03-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

EDIT: Wow, what a mature, intelligent population Ireland has.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Care to share one or two of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I was talking to a guy who used to live in a pub, and he had the most hilarious stories to tell.

So has anyone else got some amusing pub tales?

Do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yes I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

me too

great isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I was talking to a guy who used to live in a pub, and he had the most hilarious stories to tell.

Worst story ever

• Advertisement

Oh, I laughed so hard at that tale now my belly hurts :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

"i ain't sayin' nothin'"

Johnny Tightlips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

This one time at a bar camp....

does a bar camp even exist...

what colour do i turn the text to make it invisible? i use the black and orange boards! :eek:
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Friend of mine used to live in a pub, was telling me he got talking to a chap who found it interesting

Anyway, he was about to tell the lad some of the wacky/funny/mad stories from the pub, and yer man just walked off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Peter Ustenoff? Is that you?

Cracking read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I used to live in a pub. I have the most hilarious stories to tell.

why the long face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I knew a woman once....but she died soon after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

So....

Whats everyones favourite humming noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

And it's what will help this country get out of the mess it's in!

I just had to thank the edited OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Friend of mine used to live in a pub, was telling me he got talking to a chap who found it interesting

Anyway, he was about to tell the lad some of the wacky/funny/mad stories from the pub, and yer man just walked off.

Ain't nobody got time for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I just had to thank the edited OP :)

I just farted.

I just farted.

I just smelt it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You started it!

• Advertisement

Yes it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ordered a pint the last night. Ended up having 3 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

No fecking way, I know your man well!! Small world ey.

Here, did he tell ye the story of what happened with these two lads, one had a moustache, or maybe he didn't, he might have had a beard, can't remember it was dark,and then that other chap, tall fellow , well tall for his age, bit of a character, can't remember his name, anyway not really important, both were fond of a few jars .. well I 't bore ye with the full details, he must of told ye that one, had me laughing in stitches for days on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Had an old fella tell us once, in the smokin room, of his father dieing, the father asked for a packet of woodbines on his death bed for the trip, so his brother asks ' would ya like a packet of matches with em' his father replied 'nah your grand, theres plenty of fire where i'm going!! '......gave us a good laugh at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

There was one... the guy nicknamed Dulux because his mates reckoned he only has one coat.
    I love when you fall in with a crowd and they fill you in on some ingenious scam. One night in a pub in Longfort I met a fella who had burned out his own car several times to claim the insurance... he always left a few years between scams to play it safe haha.

For anyone familiar with Armagh, there is a pub landlord known as Hitler. His pub changed names many times but was always known as Hitler's. One day a family of German tourists walked in to a pub wanting to try and Irish breakfast. Unfortunately they were told no food was served and were leaving when someone shouted across "Have you tried Hitler's".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Old Perry wrote: »
    Had an old fella tell us once, in the smokin room, of his father dieing, the father asked for a packet of woodbines on his death bed for the trip, so his brother asks ' would ya like a packet of matches with em' his father replied 'nah your grand, theres plenty of fire where i'm going!! '......gave us a good laugh at the time.
    There was one... the guy nicknamed Dulux because his mates reckoned he only has one coat.
    I love when you fall in with a crowd and they fill you in on some ingenious scam. One night in a pub in Longfort I met a fella who had burned out his own car several times to claim the insurance... he always left a few years between scams to play it safe haha.

For anyone familiar with Armagh, there is a pub landlord known as Hitler. His pub changed names many times but was always known as Hitler's. One day a family of German tourists walked in to a pub wanting to try and Irish breakfast. Unfortunately they were told no food was served and were leaving when someone shouted across "Have you tried Hitler's".

You're being way too descriptive lads. Any change of being more vague?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

This may have been on boards before but here goes: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/deep-inside-the-chain-pub-piss-dungeon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I was reading an OP's post on After Hours once. He had the most amazing things to say.

Then he got the hump and edited his post.

I walked in to a bar once, the barman said, 'Why the long face', I wasn't impressed as it hurt :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Boombastic wrote: »
    I walked in to a bar once, the barman said, 'Why the long face', I wasn't impressed as it hurt :(

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walked into a pub.

The barman looked at them and said, 'whats this some kind of joke'?

Lapin wrote: »
    An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walked into a pub.

The barman looked at them and said, 'whats this some kind of joke'?

So a guy walks in to a bar...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Boombastic wrote: »

There has to be a burger joke in there somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My dyslexic friend walked into a bra once.

Lucky bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I just let fag ash fall in my eye because I'm laughing so hard, I'm obviously not in a pub though because smoking is banned.

Does that count OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bit of a long one but...

when working in my local for a birthday party i had the misfortune of going for a sh*t at the worst possible time. As i was relieving myself i heard a womans voice along with another guys as they entered the toilets. The other cubicle door opened and closed and amongst a few shuffling noises there was the undoing of a belt buckle. As i listened closer it became very VERY apparent that she was getting a good hard ramming from someone. oh how i laughed and finished dropping the kids off. It was only when i came out to the bar again that i realised what was going on.

The girl in question was the girl celebtaring her 21st with her entire family and her boyfreind and their friends. however seeing that her boyfriend was still out here a quick head count meant that she had taken the guy that 5 minutes before had been sleeping at the bar.

Oh oh

it was only a matter of time before someone she knew went for a sh*t, heard the commotion and told the family ( i had just told the locals, we wanted some fun that night so we sat back and relaxed) The father went ape**** trying to kick down the door, the boyfrind was in tears, people were trying to console the hysterical mother, friends were fighting eachother and blaming everyone else and she refused to come out cause "all you f*ckers don't understand" it carried on for another 5 mins or so by this time the hallway was packed before the guy made a run for it got caught and had to be grabbed by myself an 2 other staff as the family wanted blood. we put him into the back room got most of the troublemakers out (inc the girls who you could hear crying the whole way up the road. oh how we laughed until we came back into the back bar to see loverboy asleep again and a smell wafting from his direction. Yes ladies and gents this romeo who the birthday girl had chosen was better than her current boyfriend was now lying asleep in a chair having both shat himself and pissed his pants. Classy. i do feel sorry for the mate who had to give him a lift home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Alcohol and Ireland. Dear Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Lapin wrote: »
    I was reading an OP's post on After Hours once. He had the most amazing things to say.

Then he got the hump and edited his post.
    Should this thread be merged with 'Overly sensetive peiople on the Internet ?'

Should this thread be merged with 'Overly sensetive peiople on the Internet ?'

now that would be funny

something I can tell the lads down the pub later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Link please.

Advertisement