Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custody and maintenance

Options
  • 06-03-2013 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for information.
    I have a teenage daughter who has always been in my life. Myself and her mother split when she was very small. At the time her mother was claiming loan parents and i presume she continued to do so throughout the years.
    Up until 2 years ago i paid maintenance of 90e a week. Friends and family have often mentioned this may be too much so about 18months ago i put that down to 40e per week. I have been holding the rest aside for college etc.
    Throughout the years i have had my daughter every sunday and every second sat night. Myself and my girlfriend have also taken her away on several holidays. Basically i have always been responsible.
    In the last couple of years my daughter has told me she doesnt get on with her stepdad. He's been in her life for years but their relationship has seriously soured. He has said alot of extremely nasty things to her, called her many names and basically made her feel very unwanted. I have spoken to him myself and he is bery hot tempered, hanging up on me etc. My ex has often got onto me about my daughters cheek and attitude with said stepdad and about a year ago she asked me to take her on a week on week off basis cancelling maintenance payments.
    The fights have continued with her often been "sent" down to me on a few hours notice. Last week this happened and daughter told me her stepdad had pushed her. She now wants to stay with me full time. Im just wondering can anyone advice on the maintenance i am entitled to and child allowance etc. Her mother is not happy at all about arrangement and defends stepdads actions saying she pushed him to it. I know she will not give any financial support willingly. What are my rights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You need legal advice. Contact the Free Legal Advice Centre for starters. We cannot give legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement