Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc wireless

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi all...am in the process of installing hkc secure wave 1070 in my moms house...I went for the rf system as it would be too difficult to hard wire being two story,I wanted to add 5 wireless pirs to 5 zones but after 3rd pir added ,4th would only add as a point .....first three added were added as zones 11,12and 13 which is correct according to what I have read on boards.ie as there are 10 wired zones on the panel...also when the 4th pir was added as a point it didn't trigger an alarm.....any help appreciated thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

rocoso wrote: »
    hi all...am in the process of installing hkc secure wave 1070 in my moms house...I went for the rf system as it would be too difficult to hard wire being two story,I wanted to add 5 wireless pirs to 5 zones but after 3rd pir added ,4th would only add as a point .....first three added were added as zones 11,12and 13 which is correct according to what I have read on boards.ie as there are 10 wired zones on the panel...also when the 4th pir was added as a point it didn't trigger an alarm.....any help appreciated thanks

Points are only added when selected to add as so.
    When you scanned for the sensors before enrolling on the system did they all pick up?
    If so then press quit once and then the system should come up as id zone 11 and so on till you have them enrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rocoso

hi altor....worked perfect now,all pirs enrolled onto system and walk tested successfully...I have also assigned names to the devices kitchen etc...I am now trying to create a part set but cannot see where to create part set A orB
    all I can find is part set exit time ...what im trying to achieve is to part set the lower story of the house at night time....I am working blind in that I have no installation manual

many thanks altor for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Go to the Point menu, then Point Options, select the number of the Ponts you want to change.

So lets say P14 is the landing beam so:

Point Menu
    Point Options
    Press Yes,
    # until 14.
    When P14 shows up Press Yes.
    Press # again all all the various options for this point show up.
    When you see Partguard A select Yes.

Just work your way back out by pressing quit.

Make sure and test it.

hi altor....worked perfect now,all pirs enrolled onto system and walk tested successfully...I have also assigned names to the devices kitchen etc...I am now trying to create a part set but cannot see where to create part set A orB
    all I can find is part set exit time ...what im trying to achieve is to part set the lower story of the house at night time....I am working blind in that I have no installation manual

many thanks altor for the advice

If you set up the zones as zones then the zone options is where to set them up for part set.
    Scroll through and a zone you want off press yes to part set. There are two part sets so that will allow set up different part sets if you want.
    Another thing in the options menu is the zone access. This is set up if you want a PIR to allow you access to the control panel after opening an entry/exit zone e.g. Front Door.

job done fellas ,found it in the zone menu as altor pointed out ,now can arm the lower story at night
    thanks a lot
    just wondering what it would mean to my front door/hallway pir if I were to give it entry/exit status instead of alarm...

• Advertisement

job done fellas ,found it in the zone menu as altor pointed out ,now can arm the lower story at night
    thanks a lot
    just wondering what it would mean to my front door/hallway pir if I were to give it entry/exit status instead of alarm...

Glad I could help :D

If you set it up as entry/exit then when you have the system armed and walk in front of it it will act like your front door E.G. entry time starts.
    With it set as alarm and the system armed if the PIR is walked in front of it will activate the alarm system.

thanks altor,

does this mean that I can have a different timed reaction on entry/exit to activate the alarm than the other zones

thanks altor,

does this mean that I can have a different timed reaction on entry/exit to activate the alarm than the other zones

If you set the PIR as entry/exit and then go into the timers menu you can change the time. Just remember that by changing this time your front door entry/exit time will change too. Any zone set up as alarm is an instant activation once the alarm is set.

will try that tomorrow evening...

really appreciate the advice altor thanks

will try that tomorrow evening...

really appreciate the advice altor thanks

Always happy to help rocoso :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its better to have a PiR on access rather than entry exit.
    It means if someone comes in anywhere other than an entry zone then the PiR acts as an alarm zone activating rather than a further entry delay.
    After that you set up Access to Entry Exit for part-guard. That way on part set it will act as an entry zone but on full sets its a normal alarm zone.
    Best of both worlds.;)

thanks for that koolkid....see what you mean but could I set up so that it (front door pir)when on part guard (sleeping upstairs at night) it is on alarm.... and when the system is fully armed (no one at home) that it an entry/exit zone

If you set it up for Access to Entry Exit for part-guard it makes the PIR entry/exit when part set and alarm when full set. No way to make it the way you want it as the PIRs type would be set as alarm or entry exit.

ya got it altor.....once again thanks for info

ya got it altor.....once again thanks for info

Your welcome, any other questions let us know ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks for that koolkid....see what you mean but could I set up so that it (front door pir)when on part guard (sleeping upstairs at night) it is on alarm.... and when the system is fully armed (no one at home) that it an entry/exit zone

I thought the 1070 had an option to individually set the EE timers of different part guards. Strangely it seems to be just exit times. ....
    Maybe Altor may confirm is this is possible. If so set up one partguard option with an entry time of zero and your sorted...

The timers are set up in the times menu, but they will be connected to the same block using partguard too so another option would be to add blocks and set the timers up differently for them.
    Another option depending on the software on the panel is partguard to alarm.
    Handy for if every one is home and you want the front door set up to go into alarm in partset. This could also be applied to the partsetting of the PIR.
    To see if you have this on your system go into system options menu, partguard options and scroll to see if entry/exit to alarm is there. The problem with this is if you come down in the morning and have to walk in front of the PIR then the system will go into alarm.

So there is no option to adjust times for each individual part set??

Strange. That's a pity. That would solve all his problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement