Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restore lost files on an iphone 3gs without a laptop?

• 06-03-2013 2:53am

A student stole a teacher's iPhone and before getting caught, wiped it.. I told her she could probably recover some files but now she's laying all her hope in me.

Is there any app I could tell her to dl that could help? I'd rather stay away from a laptop solution as I don't think she's any way tech savvy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If it had iOS 5 or later and had iCloud enabled chances are the contacts are saved and some app data. All the apps can be downloaded again free of charge but first go to settings, reset and reset all settings. That should prompt you to set up the phone which will allow you to sign Ito iCloud with her details and get things underway.

In the off chance that the phone hasn't being updated in a long time, as in the last 2/3 years, then there's no other way to set it up without a laptop. She might even have backups on her home PC but start with iCloud first and see how you get on.

All right thanks, might have a good look, get some software and bring in my laptop. She lost her baby photos so serious brownie points to be had if I managed to get a few back.

Advertisement