Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 NBA DRAFT

• 06-03-2013 2:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Although the NBA Draft is still 4 months away. The future stars of the NBA make their mark this month as the NCAA Basketball Division 1 moves into "March Madness"

Here are 10 of the hottest prospects who are expected to enter the NBA next season

1st - Ben McLemore - Age 20 - SG - 6ft5 - Kansas

hi-res-158407714_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

2nd - Marcus Smart - Age 18 - PG - 6ft4 - Oklahoma State

21086723_BG1.jpg

3rd - Cody Zeller - Age 20 - PF/C -6ft11 - Indiana

hi-res-141879831_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

4th - Nerlens Noel - Age 18 - PF - 6ft10 - Kentucky

hi-res-161231412_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

5th - Otto Porter - Age 19 - SF - 6ft8 - Georgetown

Copy%20(2)%20of%20Georgetown_Basketball_Preview-0b94d.jpg

6th - Anthony Bennett - Age 19 - SF/PF - 6ft7 - UNLV

hi-res-159379527_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

7th - Shabazz Muhammad - Age 19 - SF - 6ft6 - UCLA

hi-res-158790356_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

8th - Alex Len - Age 19 - C - 7ft1 - Maryland

hi-res-7048386_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

9th - Victor Oladipo - Age 20 - SG - 6ft4 - Indiana

hi-res-7001190_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

10th - Michael Carter Williams -Age 21 - PG - 6ft6 - Syracuse

hi-res-6773166_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

3 more players who's Draft stock is on the rise

Trey Burke - Age 20 - PG - 6ft0 - Michigan

hi-res-160570008_crop_650x440.jpg?1360125550

James McAdoo - Age 20 - SF/PF - 6ft9 - North Carlolina

hi-res-6985914_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Doug McDermott - Age 21 - SF - 6ft7 - Creighton

hi-res-159010614_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Haven't paid any attention to college ball or the draft this year, are there any sure things this year ? Strong draft ?

Haven't paid any attention to college ball or the draft this year, are there any sure things this year ? Strong draft ?

It's not considered one of the stronger drafts in recent years, But there are some very talented players there.

Ben McLemore is the most complete player in the Draft.
    He is a great outside shooter as well as being an athletic drunker who can take it to the rim. He is the most likely to become a superstar in the NBA.

The Duke Blue Devils are in great form recently. Their 2 main guys looking to move up to the NBA

Seth Curry. A 6ft2 PG like his older brother, GSW Point Guard, Stephen Curry.
    Not very highly placed in early mock drafts. Outside the top 50 in most but his stock is rising.
    hi-res-143054645_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Mason Plumlee. A 7ft Center who also has a brother in the NBA, Miles Plumlee of the Indiana Pacers
    In this case Mason is expected to be better than his brother, He is projected to be a 1st round pick, Possibly top 10)
    hi-res-6799386_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ok ok ok. We can all read http://www.nbadraft.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Ok ok ok. We can all read http://www.nbadraft.net/

Just for the record, in case you're unaware, www.draftexpress.com is far better.

Or you can actually watch NCAA Basketball ganes on ESPN American on Sky Sports. There are several sites with several different mock drafts. They are just different opinions. You need to wath these guys in action to form you own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Or you can actually watch NCAA Basketball ganes on ESPN American on Sky Sports. There are several sites with several different mock drafts. They are just different opinions. You need to wath these guys in action to form you own

I have done for many years. However, I don't feel the need to post every thought that passes through my head.

And fwiw Doug McDermott won't be anywhere near a first round pick.

I watch probably more college basketball than the NBA - I don't know if your comment was directed at me. Right now the top 5, in my mind, will be some combination of Noels, McLemore, Porter, Smart, and probably Muhammed. I'm not a big fan of the latter, although he'll definitely be able to put up points in the NBA. He just doesn't really do anything else.

Also, Seth Curry is not a PG. He's a SG in a PG's body. I don't see a place for him in the NBA. Maybe as a Daequan Cook type, but even that's a stretch to me.

I'm not really a fan of McAdoo either. He's undersized and not very effective. It's not going to get easier for him in the NBA.

Trey Burke will likely rise up the boards and could easily solidify himself as a top 12 pick, possibly even top 10.

Some personal favourites - McLemore is an obvious choice, but it's not often you get a freak athlete with a picture perfect jumpshot. Needs to work on his ball-handling and be more assertive, but definitely star potential there. I really like Smart, he's an outstanding defender with great size and strength, very good athlete. Needs to improve his shooting but is a leader and has good PG skills. Could be a star. Also a fan of Noels (I'd love to put him at PF next to Cousins, perfect fit), Oladipo (Iggy type player - great defender, big time athlete with expanding offensive game), and Porter (high IQ, do it all type, long SF), though I need to see more of the latter.

As for Doug McDermott, I tend to agree he'll be a second rounder, but you just never know. He's not a great athlete, though he runs the floor adequately enough for a SF in the NBA. And he can put the ball in the basket against pretty much anyone, he just knows how to score. Good rebounder also. Terrible defender. You never know, if Creighton surprise people (unlikely) and McDermott continues to put up huge number, and also does well at pre-draft workouts, it's possible he sneaks into the first round.

You guys need to chill. All these forums are about is people giving their opinions a discussing a common interest they have with other people.

Sure you can find any information about anything you want on other websites, television, other media. We all know that.

This is simply a forum for discussion.

• Advertisement

Some highlights from Marcus smart here.

I like this kid, He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, Very mature and humble. He's an athletic, pass first PG with two guard size, He seems to have good leadership qualities, a floor general according to the experts so he would be a good asset for a team looking to rebuild.

You guys need to chill. All these forums are about is people giving their opinions a discussing a common interest they have with other people.

Sure you can find any information about anything you want on other websites, television, other media. We all know that.

This is simply a forum for discussion.

Eh? I was only giving my opinion on some of the more well known prospects, I certainly wasn't attacking you. I'm guessing you created the thread so we could discuss the prospects - that's what I was doing :pac:

It's showtime
    259881_10151313743696006_238315409_n.png

Word to the future, Next years draft is expected to be allot stronger than this one.

Its all about the 2 best high-school players right now, who experts say are better than anyone in the 2013 class

Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker

Barrack Obama fills out his bracket

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9077744

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Anyone who wants to check out next years rookies. This stream on the ncaa site is awesome.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/?gameId=206&sessionToken=t6e9SeRxZc7WfMnWspfdcVxT0

A few more guys whose stock is on the rise.

Shane Larkin - PG - Miami - 5ft11

hi-res-163886384_display_image.jpg?1363802967
    Was outstanding in the ACC championship game. He's been one of the top PG's this year. Great outside shooter. If Miami go far in the tournament, Larkin could be on his way to the NBA

Kelly Olynyk, - C - Gonzaga - 7ft

MaeEJ.St.5.jpeg

There are allot of 7fters in this class. Zeller, Len, Plumlee, Austin but Olynyk stock is rising right now and Gonzaga is a team who can go deep into this tournament.

Bad day for one of the top prospects Marcus Smart as Oklahoma State lost in the 1st round to Oregon. It will probably bring down his stock a little but still inside the the top 10 for now.
    It all depends on how other PG's perform in the tournament

• Advertisement

Another top prospect falls in the 1st round. Anthony Bennet's UNLV dumped out by California.
    His season is over

More bad news today. It has emerged that top prospect Shabaz Muhammad has been lying about his age. It was believed that he was 19 years old, but news came out today saying that he is really 21

Muhammad was one of the highest touted of his class and a lot of that had to do with his age. His dominance over the competition he faced in high school is now just a little bit less impressive.
    There’s a good chance that Muhammad will see his draft stock slip slightly now. He was once thought of as a top-three pick but now could end up going later in the lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

More bad news today. It has emerged that top prospect Shabaz Muhammad has been lying about his age. It was believed that he was 19 years old, but news came out today saying that he is really 21

Muhammad was one of the highest touted of his class and a lot of that had to do with his age. His dominance over the competition he faced in high school is now just a little bit less impressive.
    There’s a good chance that Muhammad will see his draft stock slip slightly now. He was once thought of as a top-three pick but now could end up going later in the lottery.
    Well you got it half right, he lied about his age, but he's 20 not 21

Watching Ben McLemore's Kansas vs Western Kentucky. Kansas are 1 point down at half time.

Also UCLA are 10 points down. Shabaz Mo could be knocked off aswell tonight

Potential big shake up of the consensus mock drafts if these 2 fall tonight

This really is March Madness

Georgetown fall to Florida Gulf Coast

Otto Porter's season is over. Yet another top prospect bites the dust

Kansas hang on. UCLA go home

This finishes the Round of 64

midwest.png

westl.png

southv.png

eastw.png

I'm liking Trey Burke more and more every time I watch him. For me he's better then Marcus Smart. I'll go as far as to say he's moved into my top 5.

Right now

McLemore
    Noel
    Porter
    Burke
    Oladipo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'm liking Trey Burke more and more every time I watch him. For me he's better then Marcus Smart. I'll go as far as to say he's moved into my top 5.

Right now

McLemore
    Noel
    Porter
    Burke
    Oladipo
    You know there is a march madness thread?

Advertisement