Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Great game by the Michigan Wolverines

Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway and Glenn Robinson are all on their way to the NBA.

All should in the 1st round of the draft and their stock is rising

Now the top prospects going out early doesn't necessarily mean their draft stock will completely crash, Sure they may drop a few places but recent history shows it's not the end of the world.

The 2010 University of Kentucky team class with john wall, demarcus cousins, eric bledsoe, patrick patterson and daniel orton couldn't get past the last sixteen

Kevin Durant's Texas couldn't get past last sixteen.

That being said Otto Porter has come out after Georgetown embarrassing lost to FGCU and said He doesn't know whether he will declare for this years draft. Marcus smart also hinted he might not go in either. I think both will enter once they have had some time to take in what has happened this week and think about their future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Now the top prospects going out early doesn't necessarily mean their draft stock will completely crash, Sure they may drop a few places but recent history shows it's not the end of the world.

The 2010 University of Kentucky team class with john wall, demarcus cousins, eric bledsoe, patrick patterson and daniel orton couldn't get past the last sixteen

Kevin Durant's Texas couldn't get past last sixteen.

That being said Otto Porter has come out after Georgetown embarrassing lost to FGCU and said He doesn't know whether he will declare for this years draft. Marcus smart also hinted he might not go in either. I think both will enter once they have had some time to take in what has happened this week and think about their future
    I have a hunch that Porter won't declare , but I agree on Smart, I reckon he'll declare.

Another surprise exit tonight. Gonzaga sent home by Wichita State. Zags become the 1st No.1 seed to fall

Gonzaga's top NBA prospect Kelly Olynyk had a good individual performance so his Draft stock won't take a major hit. but his rise has come to an abrupt hault

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ben McLemore doing his best to play his way down the draft based on tonights and their previous tournament game.

• Advertisement

Ben McLemore doing his best to play his way down the draft based on tonights and their previous tournament game.

The thing here is if Nerlens Noel was fit he would be the nailed down No.1 pick in the draft. But because he is expect to be out for most of next season it complicates things.

The Bobcats are the most likely to have the 1st pick and it's not clear whether they are willing to take the risk on waiting for Noel

McLemore is leading most mock drafts because he has the highest ceiling. The most likely to become a superstar in the NBA. He is the safer bet right now

Noel would still go top 5 if he enters the draft. There is still the possibility that he might stay with the Wildcats

SWEET SIXTEEN

s16e.png

You should really post that in the March Madness thread, and we should keep this thread to discussion on draft prospects..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83818681#post83818681

A new name for Draft followers, Word on the twitterverse is that talented NC State PG Lorenzo Brown has decided to drop out of college and enter the 2013 NBA Draft

Mocks put him as a late 1st round pick

Some draft prospects to watch out for in tonight's Sweet Sixteen match-ups.

Arizona - Solomon Hill - SF - 6'9 - Mocked at Mid/Late 2nd round
    110848146_display_image.jpg?1321297441

Ohio State - DeShaun Thomas - SF - 6'7 - Mocked at Early 2nd round
    hi-res-142224336_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=510&q=85

Miami - Kenny Kadji - PF - 6'11 - Mocked at Early/Mid 2nd round
    512x.jpg

Marquette - Vander Blue - PG - 6'4 - Mocked at Early/Mid 2nd round
    ncb_g_blue11_480.jpg

Cody Zeller's stock has to be falling with every game, He was absolutely destroyed by the Syracuse defense last night. If he can't stand up against NCAA front court players, he has no chance of doing it in the NBA.

Michael Carter Williams was outstanding for Syracuse, He's gotta be moving up the ladder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Cody Zeller's stock has to be falling with every game, He was absolutely destroyed by the Syracuse defense last night. If he can't stand up against NCAA front court players, he has no chance of doing it in the NBA.

Michael Carter Williams was outstanding for Syracuse, He's gotta be moving up the ladder

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Zeller. He runs the floor very well, has a good foundation to build upon skill wise and can pass, but he's so weak and lacks aggression. He needs to refine his game and get stronger, but he's big, young and mobile, so he'll still be a top 8 pick (likely at worst, unless he really struggles at workouts).

MCW was very good last night, but I still like both Burke and Smart ahead of him. MCW is talented, but too many question marks to take him ahead of the others. Was hoping Indiana would progress, wanted to see Oladipo more. He's a future all defensive first team member.

I think whoever wins the Kansas/Michigan matchup tonight will go all the way. I'm pretty sure ESPN America is showing Lousiville/Oregon instead of Kansas/Michigan, which is very annoying.

moneyman wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of Zeller. He runs the floor very well, has a good foundation to build upon skill wise and can pass, but he's so weak and lacks aggression. He needs to refine his game and get stronger, but he's big, young and mobile, so he'll still be a top 8 pick (likely at worst, unless he really struggles at workouts).

MCW was very good last night, but I still like both Burke and Smart ahead of him. MCW is talented, but too many question marks to take him ahead of the others. Was hoping Indiana would progress, wanted to see Oladipo more. He's a future all defensive first team member.

I think whoever wins the Kansas/Michigan matchup tonight will go all the way. I'm pretty sure ESPN America is showing Lousiville/Oregon instead of Kansas/Michigan, which is very annoying.

There are some high potential PG in this class, I think Trey Burke could be next seasons Damian Lillard, Meaning that he will not be selected in the top 5 but will turn out to be better than those who were picked before him

I liked Zeller during the regular season, He was able to dominate lesser front court players but last night against Syracuse and even in their previous game with Temple he was shown up. He's only as good as teams let him play and he's a miss match against any bigger physical center. He really needs to bulk up if he wants to make it in the NBA

Check out Michigan's future NBA Trio, Take on Ben McLemore's Kansas

bilde?Site=C4&Date=20130320&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=130320046&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Writer-Michigan-has-more-NBA-talent-than-any-other-team-NCAA-tournament

Anybody want a link to Michigan V Kansas. I got a great one

Anybody want a link to Michigan V Kansas. I got a great one
    That'd be nice

Trey Burke is Money. Outstanding young player, NBA teams, Sign him up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dublin Red Devil we have a march madness thread for a reason. This thread is for discussing the draft itself in general terms. Not for you to provide a running commentary on the tourney games

Dublin Red Devil we have a march madness thread for a reason. This thread is for discussing the draft itself in general terms. Not for you to provide a running commentary on the tourney games

It's about watching the players malistheman. Specifically those going into the Draft. This threads isn't about the NCAA tournament itself. It couldn't care less who wins the tournament. It's about watching the players play regardless of what tournament their playing in.

My Mock Draft. Post Elight Eight 1 - 10

1. Ben McLemore, 6ft5, SG - Bobcats

2. Nerlens Noel, 6ft11, PF - Magic

3. Otto Porter, 6ft8, SF - Cavaliers

4. Victor Oladipo, 6ft5, SG - Suns

5. Trey Burke, 6ft, PG - Pistons

6. Anthony Bennett, 6ft7, SF/PF - Hornets

7. Shabazz Muhammad, 6ft6, SG/SF - Wizards

8. Marcus Smart, 6ft4, PG/SG - T-Wolves

9. Michael Carter-Williams, 6ft6, PG - Kings

10. Alex Len, 7ft1,C - Thunder

• Advertisement

Some news from the University of Kentucky. Freshman SG Archie Goodwin has decided to enter the 2013 NBA draft. Goodwin was expected to stay another year with the Wildcats but he is now moving on to the NBA, Goodwin is expected to be a mid/late 1st round Draft pick

Meanwhile another Kentucky player who was expected to enter the Draft, 7ft PF Willie Cauley-Stein has decided to stay at the University next season, Cauley-Stein was mocked between 10th and 15th before removing himself from the running

The status of another Kentucky Wildcat, PF, Alex Poythress is still unknown.

UNLV PF Anthony Bennett has just announced in the last hour that he is going in for The 2013 Draft. Bennett is a expected to be a top 10 pick

Indiana's Victor Oladipo is undecided about entering the Draft. If he does he is a top 10, possibly top 5 pick.

18 year old Croatian SF Dario Saric has put his name down for the Draft. International players are regularly overlooked and underrated by American based media mock drafters who look at their american collage players through stars and stripe glasses.

Saric could go higher than many of the expect. NBA teams will have done their homework.

Correction: Dario Saric wiil now Not enter this years NBA Draft. After initially suggesting earlier this week that he would, He has now confirmed that he will stay in Europe for another year

In the battle for the No.1 point guard in the Draft. Michael Carter Williams didn't do himself any favours in the NCAA Semi final. Only scoring 2 points and getting fouled out. His stock may drop a little but not by much. Still top 15

On form Basis, Trey Burke would be the 1st PG selected but Let's not forget about Marcus Smart. Although his OKS team were knocked out of the post season early, It doesn't take away from the fact the he is an extreamly talent player and dominated teams in the regular season.

2013 NBA Mock Draft: Post-2013 NCAA Tournament

1st Ben McLemore - Bobcats
    2nd Nerlens Noel - Magic
    3rd Otto Porter - Suns
    4th Anthony Bennett - Cavaliers
    5th Trey Burke - Pistons
    6th Victor Oladipo - Pelicans
    7th Marcus Smart - Kings
    8th Alex Len - Thunder
    9th Wizards - Shabazz Muhammad
    10th Glenn Robinson III -Timberwolves
    11th Cody Zeller - 76ers
    12th Tim Hardaway Jr - Trail Blazers
    13th Mason Plumlee - Mavericks
    14th Michael Carter-Williams - Jazz
    15th Kelly Olynyk - Bucks

Trey Burke entering NBA draft. Confirmed today. Top 5 pick. Will be interesting to see if he is selected above Marcus Smart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Trey Burke entering NBA draft. Confirmed today. Top 5 pick. Will be interesting to see if he is selected above Marcus Smart

Very smart move. Players are better off entering as soon as they can, especially with such a high stock. There have been so many cases of players going back and dropping further down the board or getting injured.

Advertisement