Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Paully D wrote: »
    Draft lottery is tomorrow.

I know it has benefited my own team greatly in the last few years, but would people prefer the lottery to be scrapped and the draft done on an NFL like basis where the worst team gets the #1 pick, second worst gets the #2 pick etc or are you happy with the lottery as it is?

I don't like teams intentionally losing to get 1st pick so at least the lottery might make it a little less likely

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Paully D wrote: »
    Draft lottery is tomorrow.

I know it has benefited my own team greatly in the last few years, but would people prefer the lottery to be scrapped and the draft done on an NFL like basis where the worst team gets the #1 pick, second worst gets the #2 pick etc or are you happy with the lottery as it is?
    The lottery is a great idea imo. To scrap it would cause the nobodies to lose purposely more than they already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

With the way Orlando got screwed by Dwight last year I can see them winning this, and Stern's final draft , like in2011 when the Cavs won it after LBJ left . Just a hunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

buyer95 wrote: »
    With the way Orlando got screwed by Dwight last year I can see them winning this, and Stern's final draft , like in2011 when the Cavs won it after LBJ left . Just a hunch...

And New Orleans won it after Paul left. Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Anyone who think the draft is fixed needs to get their tin foil hats on. It's really not. There's always reasons you could come up with for every possible team as to why they got the first pick.

That said, let's hope it is fixed :p That'll mean the Kings get a top 3 pick, and probably the first.

As for the draft itself, presumably people saw the combine, but for anyone that didn't, both Oladipo and McLemore have 42'' verticles, which confirms what most already thought - they're elite level athletes. Shane Larkin has a 44'' vert, which I think ties David Thompson for best vert posted ever at the combine. In general, the class tested very well physically and athletically, better than people expected. The bigs were pretty much all as big as advertised, if not bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Looking forward for the draw tonight.

If Orlando do pick 1st, They will most likely take Nerlens Noel.

Charlotte would take Ben McLemore 2nd

And Cleveland would take Otto Porter 3rd.

But that's just the most likely order. The draw could toss up something completely different.

Coverage on right now. Go to ESPN

MGK sitting beside the Cavs coach. Hopping like a kid in a candy store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Good bit of karma for the Wizards, didn't tank and moved up to top-3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Cavs, jammy bastards, they are already stacked.

1st Pick Cavs
    2nd Pick Magic
    3rd Pick Wizards

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cleveland, FFS. That's Nerlens Noel on the way there then. No doubt they'll win it again in 2014 and take Wiggins :mad: :pac:

Now watch the talk of LeBron going back there in 2014 heighten. Being honest, if I was him I'd rather play there with their potential line up as opposed to signing again with the Heat to play with a banged up, older Dwayne Wade.

Cavs also have the 19th pick. This draft doesn't have major stars but it has allot of depth. There is allot of potential lower down the boards. Cavs could get another very useful player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Sacramento's horrific luck continues. Gut wrenching following this franchise.

Cleveland continue to get lucky which is making me resent them. Life in the NBA just isn't fair. :(

Cavs brought this guy with them to the lottery last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

According to Sports Illustrated the Cavs are shopping the No. 1 pick around the league.

Makes sense as it's by pretty much everyone's consesus a weak draft, so could be interesting to see if there's an appetite for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

The problem with shopping the pick is that with this weak draft class you are unlikely to get true no.1 pick value in return as many teams will be wary of giving up the going rate you might say.

They would be better off going with a the top prospect if they cannot get the right value instead of trading the pick for a bunch of mediocre/journeyman players .

According to Sports Illustrated the Cavs are shopping the No. 1 pick around the league.

Makes sense as it's by pretty much everyone's consesus a weak draft, so could be interesting to see if there's an appetite for it.

I would draft Noel, sit him for the season ala Rose, come back next year and try and draft Wiggins, the Cavs have waited long enough one more year won't hurt. Next years draft is really strong, even if they didn't get Wiggins, Marcus Smart and Jabari Parker would be outstanding picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Maybe draft Noel, give him 20ish minutes a game, then put him on a diet of burgers and protein and make him live in a gym pumping iron:D until he will be able to hold his own in the post.

That kid is way too light for his size to play down low in the pro game.

If I were Cleveland GM. I'd take Ben Mclemore first, not Nelens Noel. Wait until the 19th pick to take a big man. Dieng, Gobert, Nogueira etc.

If I were Cleveland GM. I'd take Ben Mclemore first, not Nelens Noel. Wait until the 19th pick to take a big man. Dieng, Gobert, Nogueira etc.

I was thinking about that but we already have our backcourt pretty much set with Kyrie and Waiters so there's no real need to go for McLemore unless we switch Dion to a bench player.

I don't think Waiters presence would stop the Cavs from taking McLemore. It's risky taking an injured big man with a 1st overall pick.

You have to be 100% certain that a 1st overall will be healthy and make a big contribution to your team right from the outset in my view.

You have to be 100% certain that a 1st overall will be healthy and make a big contribution to your team right from the outset in my view.

Another reason to take to leave Noel is Cleveland's cap space and the number of established NBA big men free Agents,

Another reason to take to leave Noel is Cleveland's cap space and the number of established NBA big men free Agents,

And the sheer number of them vying for contracts will mean that you will be able to get some serious value at the position. Especially with Cleveland's cap situation as you pointed out.

Some rumors are circulating that the Cavs are trying to trade the 1st pick along with Anderson Varejão to The Kings for DeMarcus Cousins an the Kings 7th pick in the 1st round

If this Happened The Cavs would probably use the 7th pick to take a SF. Maybe Bennett or maybe even Saric

Some rumors are circulating that the Cavs are trying to trade the 1st pick along with Anderson Varejão to The Kings for DeMarcus Cousins an the Kings 7th pick in the 1st round

If this Happened The Cavs would probably use the 7th pick to take a SF. Maybe Bennett or maybe even Saric

As much as I'd like Cousins as a Cav, he is too much trouble off the court/with coaches.

If we do trade the pick to the Kings, I'd agree with the above as long as we keep our 19th pick.

• Advertisement

Right now Shabazz Muhammad is draft Poison. His stock is plumiting

Advertisement