Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Sergey Karasev, a 19-year-old Russian SG/SF, has been rising on draft boards over the past few weeks.

Karasev has a great Jump shot, Godd size and passing ability

Karasev joins a list of talented your Europeans in this draft class including Dario Saric, Dennis Schroeder, Giannis Adetokoubo and Rudy Gobert all expect to be drafted in the 1st round.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

So if ye were OKC what would ye do with your pick? I mean i presume their gonna want a big man so should they trade up or just wait to see whos still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Right now Shabazz Muhammad is draft Poison. His stock is plumiting

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1657492-shabazz-muhammads-father-facing-federal-charges

limerickfc wrote: »
    So if ye were OKC what would ye do with your pick? I mean i presume their gonna want a big man so should they trade up or just wait to see whos still around?
    Yes OKC need a Big Man. They can hope Alex Len is still on the board but that's Unlikely. More realistic would be Olynyk, Adams or Plumlee

Yea am a big OKC fan myself and have been following 3 or 4 big men closely.
    I agree Len should be gone already he has the size his seems to be the name on peoples lips in terms of a big man.
    Olynyk is a quality player and probably the best shooting big man in the draft, but from an OKC point of view they should be lookin for more a post up big man for half court offence which is were their biggest troubles lie.
    Adams is again a good player with size in his favour but very raw.
    Plumlee and dieng could both do a decent job and i think are the most likely options( Plum on Offence, Dieng for his D).
    Id love though if they traded up 1 or 2 spots to get zeller as a streth 4 and slid IBake across to the 5. Dont know how it would turn out but its definatly intriguing and could be the decision that lands KD and wes that ring they deserve.
    1 other thought i had would be maybe not re-signing martin and pickin up some1 like carl landry on the MLE and then drafting some1 who could create their own shoot wen KD and wes arent on the floor,,Shabazz Muhamad could fill that void easily even though his stock is slidin now, Jamaal Franklin is another option as a spot up shooter who also topped his team in assists, steals, scoring & rebounding.
    Just a few thoughts anyway, any other opinions welcome

• Advertisement

Yea am a big OKC fan myself and have been following 3 or 4 big men closely.
    I agree Len should be gone already he has the size his seems to be the name on peoples lips in terms of a big man.
    Olynyk is a quality player and probably the best shooting big man in the draft, but from an OKC point of view they should be lookin for more a post up big man for half court offence which is were their biggest troubles lie.
    Adams is again a good player with size in his favour but very raw.
    Plumlee and dieng could both do a decent job and i think are the most likely options( Plum on Offence, Dieng for his D).
    Id love though if they traded up 1 or 2 spots to get zeller as a streth 4 and slid IBake across to the 5. Dont know how it would turn out but its definatly intriguing and could be the decision that lands KD and wes that ring they deserve.
    1 other thought i had would be maybe not re-signing martin and pickin up some1 like carl landry on the MLE and then drafting some1 who could create their own shoot wen KD and wes arent on the floor,,Shabazz Muhamad could fill that void easily even though his stock is slidin now, Jamaal Franklin is another option as a spot up shooter who also topped his team in assists, steals, scoring & rebounding.
    Just a few thoughts anyway, any other opinions welcome

How would you fell about Zeller possibly going to the Sooner state?

Here is how some of the big websites see it going

bigboard1.png
    bigboard2.png

Id take that now easily, he's a quailty player whos shown good improvements in his post game over the last year & now he's showing his has range on his J which im suprised we never seen at Indiana.
    Of course taking him comes with the risk that he never bulks to a level were he wont get bullied by the NBA big men and his rebounding is also questionable, but for OKC i dont think that will make too much of a difference as Ibakas board numbers will surely rise along with KD's.
    If they actually did get him & gave him about 20 min a game come playoff time i think next year could be there year, that is of course that brooks gets his act together & comes up with some actual plays.

Honest opinion too though, Oladipo & MCW will have the best NBA careers out of this years draft, both have size, athleticism, and great motors. their only question marks are their Shooting and thats the most coachable trait in ther NBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Honest opinion too though, Oladipo & MCW will have the best NBA careers out of this years draft, both have size, athleticism, and great motors. their only question marks are their Shooting and thats the most coachable trait in ther NBA.

Agreed that Oladipo will be one of the better players from the draft (and his shooting isn't a weakness if we're to go by his last year in college), MCW I'm not so sure. He has very good size and athleticism, but obviously his shooting is a weakness (though his form isn't actually bad). But his handles aren't particularly great for a PG and he turns the ball over a lot. Also question marks about his defense since Syracuse always played zone - even though he's athletic enough to be a good defender and has long arms and reads the passing lanes well, I'm unsure about his footwork. It seemed a little sloppy to me at times but we'll find out about that soon enough. Not saying he'll be a bust, he certainly has the tools, but I'm far from confident about him. Syracuse are very unreliable for NBA prospects, their system often produces busts.

• Advertisement

McLemore and Karasev would be a great 1st round for the Cavs

Croatian forward Dario Saric will withdraw his name from the 2013 NBA draft, his agent, Marc Cornstein, told ESPN.com on Sunday.

Saric has signed his letter of withdrawal from the draft and Cornstein will deliver it to the NBA on Monday, the deadline for players to withdraw.

Saric was ranked at No. 11 on ESPN's Big Board and was widely regarded as a lottery pick by many NBA general managers and scouts. Saric was under serious consideration from the New Orleans Pelicans, Portland Trail Blazers, Philadelphia 76ers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Dallas Mavericks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems to be plenty of talk today that the Cavs are likely to go with Alex Len #1.

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems to be plenty of talk today that the Cavs are likely to go with Alex Len #1.

Definitely a possibility. He is the best (Healthy) big man in the draft. If the Cavs want a Center and aren't willing to take the risk on Noel. Len is the obvious choice. Personally I think they should take McLemore 1st and take a big with there 19th pick

Keeping an eye online Alex Len is now the most likely 1st overall pick to the Cavs, Len didn't take part in NCAA march madness as the Maryland Terrapins only played in the NIT this season.

I think McLemore is too good for the Cavs to not take first. All the talk is about Len but taking him over McLemore could be another Oden before Durrant mistake.

I'm totally bias. I love this kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I hate the Oden/Durant debate. It was only a mistake because Oden became plagued with injuries, it wasn't down to talent. Oden was putting up extraordinary numbers for the minutes he played given his age. Had he stayed healthy, he would have been the best center in the league within a year or two. No one can predict injuries.

As for Len, you need to take everything you hear this time of year with a huge grain of salt. Pretty much anything leaked is a smokescreen or bad information. That's not to say he won't go first - Cleveland aren't afraid to go against popular opinion, but I don't think he will.

These Draft Express Vids are awesome. They have them on everyone. Get on YouTube and check them out before Draft night

Check out The Grantand interviews of some top prospects. Here's one of many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nice one mate. I did a similar one for the NFL draft

I went with

Ben McLemore CLE
    Nerlens Noel ORL
    Otto Porter WAS
    AlexLen CHA
    Victor Oladipo PHX
    Trey Burke NOH
    Anthony Bennett SAC
    Michael Carter-Williams DET
    Shabazz Muhammad MIN
    C.J. McCollum POR

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If the Bulls deal goes through. Who do you think they'd take with the 3rd pick. You said in the other thread, not Alex Len. So who?

A SG? Oladipo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Travis Fat Escalator

It'd have to be oladipo wouldn't it?

It'd have to be oladipo wouldn't it?
    Well they're all ready stacked at PG, So that's out. They could do with an extra big but if they don't go down that route Oladipo would actually be a decent fit for the Bulls. He is a SG who can also play SF,

If Mc Lemore is still on the board at 3 (And I don't think he will be) The bulls would be crazy not to take him. He has superstar potential

• Advertisement

The rumor mill continues to churn as we get closer to Thursday’s NBA draft. Here’s a round-up of the most noteworthy trade rumors from late Monday and Tuesday.

• ESPN.com: “The Cavs continue to mull their options at No. 1. They are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams. Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.”

• Yahoo! Sports: “The Atlanta Hawks are dangling their two first-round picks for a trade in hopes of moving up in Thursday’s NBA draft, possibly as high as the top five, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. … The Hawks also are intrigued by UCLA small forward Shabazz Muhammad, a source said.”

• SportsCity.com: “Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler are expected to be packaged in a draft-day trade for Orlando’s Arron Afflalo, addressing the Clipper need for a shooting guard.”

• ESPN.com: “The Sacramento Kings are looking to acquire a second first-round pick and are using guard Jimmer Fredette as bait. Sources say the Kings have reached out to a number of teams in the mid-to-late first round in an attempt to secure another pick. Both the Indiana Pacers and Utah Jazz are potential destinations for Jimmer. Kings coach Mike Malone is enamored with both Tim Hardaway Jr. and Tony Snell, but the Kings feel that they can get them much lower in the draft.”

Advertisement