Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

This isn't on TV here, is it? Can't find it listed anywhere...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

moneyman wrote: »
    This isn't on TV here, is it? Can't find it listed anywhere...

Go firstrowsports.eu for a live stream of ESPN USA

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Conference call with Chad Ford (ESPN). Too long to copy and paste so here's the link:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/06/transcript-espn-nba-draft-conference-call-with-chad-ford/

This is not going to go down without trades, There may not be a obvious superstar like LBJ on the board this class is very deep. Teams can pick up some very useful rotation and roll players later in the 1st round. There's bound to be movement on Draft night

I have a feeling Bennett will be a better player than the media give him credit for. NBA team may take him hight than all of mocks are predicting

• Advertisement

It'd have to be oladipo wouldn't it?

Not a bad option

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Is the draft on tv?

Can't seem to find it.... :(

Doesn't appear to be. ****ty stream will have to do :(

As for trades, there's always trades on draft night, and there's lots of rumours doing the rounds. Apparently Charlotte are willing to give up MKG if Porter falls to them (could be BS), Hawks are open to trading their two first rounders, as are Jazz. Kings looking to get another first rounder (to take Tony Snell, who I'm really not a big fan of). Cavs looking to trade the first pick. Mavs looking to dump Marion's salary using the 13th pick. There'll be plenty of movement, I'd imagine. Always a very interesting night.

I'd love to get Oladipo at 7, he's probably my favourite player in the draft. I'd imagine there's more chance of McLemore dropping than him, however, unlikely as that is.

Liam90 wrote: »
    Is the draft on tv?

Can't seem to find it.... :(

Firstrowsports.com

Doesn't appear to be. ****ty stream will have to do :(

As for trades, there's always trades on draft night, and there's lots of rumours doing the rounds. Apparently Charlotte are willing to give up MKG if Porter falls to them (could be BS), Hawks are open to trading their two first rounders, as are Jazz. Kings looking to get another first rounder (to take Tony Snell, who I'm really not a big fan of). Cavs looking to trade the first pick. Mavs looking to dump Marion's salary using the 13th pick. There'll be plenty of movement, I'd imagine. Always a very interesting night.

I'd love to get Oladipo at 7, he's probably my favourite player in the draft. I'd imagine there's more chance of McLemore dropping than him, however, unlikely as that is.

Seriously doubt Victor will still be on the board a 7. Anthony Bennett would be a good fit for SAC.

• Advertisement

Seriously doubt Victor will still be on the board a 7. Anthony Bennett would be a good fit for SAC.

Yeah, Oladipo will be gone, but Bennett is a terrible fit for Sac. Now if he's there at 7 they may take him anyway if they see him as BPA, but in terms of fit, he's pretty awful. We need a mobile, defensive big next to Cousins. Bennett is undersized for PF and doesn't play defense, although he is very skilled offensively and athletic. But we don't need an offensive big next to Cuz. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Yeah, Oladipo will be gone, but Bennett is a terrible fit for Sac. Now if he's there at 7 they may take him anyway if they see him as BPA, but in terms of fit, he's pretty awful. We need a mobile, defensive big next to Cousins. Bennett is undersized for PF and doesn't play defense, although he is very skilled offensively and athletic. But we don't need an offensive big next to Cuz. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Assuming Cousins is still there. Apparently the kings don't want to give him a massive new contract and are trying trade

Assuming Cousins is still there. Apparently the kings don't want to give him a massive new contract and are trying trade

I have no idea where you're getting that info from but it's absolutely untrue. Cousins is still under contract for another season even if we don't extend him now, so he will be there. And I'm absolutely certain that they'll resign him, anyway. Both new ownership and all new staff have come out and explicitly stated they're not trading him and want him to be the cornerstone of the franchise. The idea that the Kings are trying to trade arguably the most talented big man in the NBA is absurd given everything what has come out of the front office. And please don't say it's to try to get maximum value. Kings will never get equal value in a trade for Cuz due to his current contract and the character questions. It makes zero sense to trade him.

I don't dislike Bennett by the way, and I'm not necessarily against taking him, but he is a poor fit. But if he's clear BPA, take him and figure the rest out later.

I have no idea where you're getting that info from but it's absolutely untrue. Cousins is still under contract for another season even if we don't extend him now, so he will be there. And I'm absolutely certain that they'll resign him, anyway. Both new ownership and all new staff have come out and explicitly stated they're not trading him and want him to be the cornerstone of the franchise. The idea that the Kings are trying to trade arguably the most talented big man in the NBA is absurd given everything what has come out of the front office. And please don't say it's to try to get maximum value. Kings will never get equal value in a trade for Cuz due to his current contract and the character questions. It makes zero sense to trade him.

I don't dislike Bennett by the way, and I'm not necessarily against taking him, but he is a poor fit. But if he's clear BPA, take him and figure the rest out later.

It's all over the internet he and his agent are demanding a max contract or a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

If Mc Lemore is still on the board at 3 (And I don't think he will be) The bulls would be crazy not to take him. He has superstar potential

Wait you think McLemore is a top 2 guy in this draft?

I have a strong feeling that Oladipo will get drafted before McLemore. McLemore is much more of a risk then Oladipo. I watched a lot of him at Kansas and he lets the game pass him by all too often. Oladipo is a guy who plays every game like its his last. He's a gym rat like Kawhi Leonard, and from what I've heard McLemore is the complete opposite. He came back at the start of the season way out of shape....
    In saying that to look at McLemore, he looks to bet the most talented guy in the draft. His jump shot is beautiful and he is good at getting to the rim. But he is a bit of a shot in the dark, in that his demenour and apparent lack of desire to improve mean that he could end up being a guy who just hang out by the 3 and shoots and does nothing else. With Oladipo you know you will get fantastic,intense defense every night.He has a huge vertical leap, and is an improving shooter, who went from shooting 20% 2 years ago from 3 to 44% last season. That improvement, he himself put down to working on his jumper every day. In one of the most wide open drafts in years, Oladipo work ethic makes him the most certain to go on to have a good career.

PS:True story: He visited the Hoosiers' practice facility so often during his Indiana tenure that he wore out his ID card's magnetic strip and needed to have the card replaced.

It's all over the internet he and his agent are demanding a max contract or a trade.

You'll have to be more specific. And I wouldn't go believing everything you read on the internet, there's a huge amount of rubbish and baseless rumours posted.

Cousins agent has instructed Cuz not to talk about the Kings and the contract situation. There is talk that his agent wants a max contract, which, lets be honest, isn't that unreasonable, especially in a small market like Sacramento which will struggle to attract talent like him through free agency. Cousins will get his big contract either this season or next (most likely next), but he most certainly does not want to leave. Seriously, he's said untold times that he wants to be the cornerstone of the franchise and bring them back to relevance. He really dislikes the Miami model of stars teaming up. He doesn't like the big lights, he's an Alabama boy and he's always maintained he wants to stay in Sac long term. He's old school. Twitter and rumour sites are full of inane babblings, ignore the stuff that doesn't come from a very reliable source or isn't confirmed, it will make your life much easier.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Wait you think McLemore is a top 2 guy in this draft?

I have a strong feeling that Oladipo will get drafted before McLemore. McLemore is much more of a risk then Oladipo. I watched a lot of him at Kansas and he lets the game pass him by all too often. Oladipo is a guy who plays every game like its his last. He's a gym rat like Kawhi Leonard, and from what I've heard McLemore is the complete opposite. He came back at the start of the season way out of shape....
    In saying that to look at McLemore, he looks to bet the most talented guy in the draft. His jump shot is beautiful and he is good at getting to the rim. But he is a bit of a shot in the dark, in that his demenour and apparent lack of desire to improve mean that he could end up being a guy who just hang out by the 3 and shoots and does nothing else. With Oladipo you know you will get fantastic,intense defense every night.He has a huge vertical leap, and is an improving shooter, who went from shooting 20% 2 years ago from 3 to 44% last season. That improvement, he himself put down to working on his jumper every day. In one of the most wide open drafts in years, Oladipo work ethic makes him the most certain to go on to have a good career.

PS:True story: He visited the Hoosiers' practice facility so often during his Indiana tenure that he wore out his ID card's magnetic strip and needed to have the card replaced.

It depends on what happens with the 1st pick. I think If Len goes 1st. Orlando will pick Noel. If Noel goes 1st Orlando will go either Victor or Ben.

It's a toss up between Victor and Ben for me . Victor's stock is rising at the right time just before the draft, while Ben's has slipped a little. Victor is more low risk but I feel Ben has a higher ceiling

It's possible they will both go outside the top 3. (Porter is a lock for 3rd) If so then I definitely think Charlotte would go with Ben with the 4th

Its possible both could be subject to trades

Really anything could happen with this draft

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Tough call really, I can still see them going Big with this pick and picking the highest ceiling player. I think it will be noel because he probably has the best upside of all the big men and then they can bring him in gradually over the course of the year if they want to give tanking a real go for wiggins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not a bad option

Impressive video on many levels, but he travels an awful lot if you look carefully. Still, it's the NBA, so travelling won't matter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

We’re now just a day away from the NBA draft, with the rumor mill in full swing. Here’s a round-up of the most recent trade rumors from around the league.

ESPN LA: “The Orlando Magic and the Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing the possibility of completing a trade headlined by Magic shooting guard Arron Afflalo and prized L.A. point guard Eric Bledsoe in conjunction with Thursday’s NBA draft, according to sources close to the process. Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that a trade with those two players as the principals could happen as soon as this week and potentially could be expanded to include Magic forward Andrew Nicholson and a future first-round pick as compensation for the highly coveted Bledsoe.”
    NY Daily News: “Multiple sources told the Daily News that the Nets GM inquired about Kevin Garnett’s desire to join Deron Williams in Brooklyn, but King didn’t get an answer while uncertainty surrounds the Celtics … As much as the Nets would love Garnett, it’s an unlikely pairing given the obstacles. Not only is it still unclear whether he’d agree to join the Nets — which is what King was hoping to figure out by reaching out to a third party — there’s also a very high hurdle of negotiating an inter-division trade. But it’s no surprise King inquired about Garnett, a 15-time All-Star and former MVP. The Nets not only desire a reliable starting power forward, they could use a vocal and respected leader. Garnett fits the mold.”
    TrueHoop (ESPN.com): “Elsewhere, a source said Oklahoma City was interested in packaging its two first-round picks (Nos. 12 and 29) and Kendrick Perkins for a top-five pick. But the Thunder have had no takers either.”
    NY Daily News: “The Nets have been involved in discussions of a trade that would send MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves, multiple sources told the Daily News. Minnesota has shown interest in the third-year guard out of Providence, calling around the league for feedback and initiating trade discussions. Talks have not escalated to anything serious or imminent at the moment, according to a source. However, another source said that a proposal is on the table waiting for the Timberwolves’ approval.”
    The Sporting News (via PBT): “If the Celtics can unload [Paul] Pierce to a team with enough cap space to absorb his salary, they will get a trade exception worth Pierce’s salary, or $15.3 million. And if that happens, the plan is already in place. According to a source, the Celtics have a sign-and-trade offer ready for Atlanta forward Josh Smith that would be the top priority in free agency … In order to land Smith, though, the Celtics need to pull off a deal for Pierce that will net them a trade exception. Because teams over the salary cap can’t take on salary without sending back matching salaries, Boston’s options are limited to teams under the cap. That’s why two teams that have been connected to a Pierce deal have been Cleveland and Milwaukee.”
    TrueHoop (ESPN.com): Houston is looking to move Robinson to a team that can absorb his salary (either because it is under the cap or possesses the requisite trade exception) and get back a first-round pick in return. And two teams appear to have emerged as serious suitors: Cleveland and Chicago. Sources close to the situation say both teams would be willing to give up a first-round pick in this draft to land Robinson, who went No. 5 overall in the 2012 draft. (Marc Stein addendum: “Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick”)
    Marc Stein (ESPN.com): “Rival executives, more & more, list Houston as favorite in Dwight Sweepstakes ahead of Lakers. Trading T-Rob means Rockets can offer D12 max.”
    Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo!): “Orlando has been doing a great deal of work on players in late lottery-mid first-round range, weighing possible deals out of No. 2 spot.”
    TrueHoop (ESPN.com): “The Wolves continue to try to move up higher in the draft to land either Victor Oladipo or Ben McLemore. The latest rumbles have them reaching out to the Magic, Bobcats and Suns offering Derrick Williams and the No. 9 and No. 26 picks in return for Orlando’s No. 2 pick, Charlotte’s No. 4 pick or Phoenix’s No. 5 pick.”
    Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo!): “Cleveland pushing to acquire Dallas’ 13th overall pick, with a focus on drafting Russia’s Sergey Karasev, league sources tell Y! Cleveland believes it has to get ahead of Milwaukee at 15, but it’s possible Cavs need to get even higher to assure Karasev will be there.”
    Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo!): “Clips, Blazers talked on DeAndre Jordan prior to Doc Rivers’ hiring, sources say, but Portland interest and Jordan market value unclear now.”
    HOOPSWORLD: “Cleveland offered New Orleans this year’s top overall pick in exchange for point guard Greivis Vasquez, the No. 6 overall pick and a 2014 first-round pick, according to sources. The Cavaliers, like most teams, would love to acquire an additional first-round pick for the 2014 NBA Draft since that draft class is expected to be one of the most talented in recent memory. No word on whether New Orleans has expressed interest in such a deal.”

Trey Burke. No doubt the No. 1 Point Guard.

Could go as high as 2 if Orlando are eyeing a replacement for Jameer Nelson.
    If not New Orleans is the most likely
    Definitely will not fall any further than the Kings at 7

There is a distinct possibility he falls past the Kings at 7, actually. Kings don't appear to be high on him at all, and prefer McCollum (I don't agree, but unless it's a smokescreen, this is how the Kings FO feel), and possibly Shabazz too. So if he makes it to 7, there is a good possibility he makes it past the Kings. Not certain of course, but it's inaccurate to say he won't make it past us. The rumblings have been that the Kings aren't big fans of his at all.

This draft is very exciting simply because no one really knows whose going where and who'll be picking where. There's going to be quite a few trades, I think, and some surprising picks. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

The build up has already begun. Watch this live stream of NBA TV right now at No streams
    Edit. Watching it right now. Great program. Very informative

Edit. NBA TV doing a live mock draft right now. Same link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Trey Burke. No doubt the No. 1 Point Guard.

Could go as high as 2 if Orlando are eyeing a replacement for Jameer Nelson.
    If not New Orleans is the most likely
    Definitely will not fall any further than the Kings at 7

I have been impressed by Burke as well, and I really like him. But if he makes it to 7, as someone suggested he might then he could fall out of the top 10. Picking at 8 are the Pistons and all indications are that Detroit plan to play Brandon Knight at the 2 next year. Knight can shoot the 3, can defend and he's long. Knight is 6'3, which means the Pistons would have to take a big guard. They'll need a guy that will get Drummond lobs at the basket and get him and Monroe involved offensively. That player is a Carter Williams. He sees the floor better then Trey or McCollum,and is the best playmaker available. If he slides to 9, the Timberwolves would likely not take him with Rubio as their cornerstone at the point. Mini needs a back up big, not a point guard. The Blazers could pass on him with them being already set at point guard, but I think if he did slide to 10 then the Blazers would probably take him anyway. If he ever fell to OKC at 12, that would be amazing. You could slide Russel to the shooting guard, which is his natural home anyway
    y, and play Trey beside him, with ballhandling shared. That really intrigues me

Burke isn't a natural point guard, more of hybrid/combo guard trapped in a point guard's body. What scares me is he is a small point guard(6 foot) and he isn't an elite athlete, and isn't particularly fast a bad combination. Without question the guy can flat out ball, and I personally love his game, and enjoyed watching him in the tournament for Michigan.

But be wary of guys who rise in March. The entire year, he was considered a mid to late first rounder until he led Michigan to the championship game. His dagger 3 against the Jayhawks was a great moment in NCAA basketball. His stock went through the roof during the tournament.There are a plethora of examples of guys who have taken huge leaps in march, only to disappoint in the NBA.

But in all honesty, there is zero chance of him going second, that just isn't happening.

This is however the most open draft that I have ever followed, and I can't wait for tonight!

My board is changing every half hour. I can't make up my mind. As of now I'm going with this for now. Subject to change

h84.pngri06.png

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Mines the same except for iv trey & Bennett the opposite way and the same with C.J. and MCW. Really looking forward to tonight, what time is it starting on our side of the world.?

limerickfc wrote: »
    Mines the same except for iv trey & Bennett the opposite way and the same with C.J. and MCW. Really looking forward to tonight, what time is it starting on our side of the world.?

It's going to be interesting alright. I think Burke is too good for the Pelicans to pass up on and MCW V CJM. I think CJM is the better guard. He didn't get as much exposure playing in the Patriot league as MCW got on the big stage with The Orange in the NCAA. Detroit need a versatile scoring guard so I went for him. Not a whole lot in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Is the draft on TV?

Advertisement