Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Mechanic Recommendations & general cost of a service in Sydney

Options
  • 06-03-2013 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

Hoping someone might be able to help me. I need to get my car, 2002 Hyundai Elantra, serviced in the next couple of weeks or so and I was hoping someone could recommend an honest and decent mechanic in the Sydney region, preferably close to Randwick because I'm living in that general location.

People at work have recommended Ultra Tune franchise to me but I don't know much about them - Has anybody on here had any experience with any of them? Basically, I don't want to get ripped off!!

Also, does anyone know what the general going rate for a service is in Sydney?

Thanks
    Meathead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I bring mine to Kmart auto repair (mine is marrickville) and they are always great.
    My car is 1993 so fairly old and 4 times over the last 2 years.
    Usually 1 minor and 1 major a year ($140/$200)
    http://www.ktas.com.au/car-servicing/fixed-servicing/
    and there one in randwick, and a few friends brought their car there with no issues

I've heard of ultra-tune and usually they are fine, same with NRMA etc, but no first hand experience myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meathead82

Thanks a lot for that Hussey, great information there. I didn't know Kmart did services so that's good to know. Will definitely check them out and either go for them or ultra tune.

Cheers
    Meathead

Advertisement