Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which lens cover size ?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I intend to buy press button flip-up lens covers for my scope (Hawke Sport 3-9x50 HD Illum).I was looking at 'Butler Creek' & 'Hawke' on e-bay.There seems to be very little difference in the sizes which worries me.
    1. Do I buy smaller?
    2. Are the covers flexible to stretch slightly to fit?
    3. The grip section of my 'Quick Focus' eye -piece is slightly bigger than the rest of the eye-piece, so which measurement do I go by?
    4. Is there anywhere in Ireland I could buy them as the postage on ebay is crazy?

Any suggestions please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

021CRETE01 wrote: »
    I intend to buy press button flip-up lens covers for my scope (Hawke Sport 3-9x50 HD Illum).I was looking at 'Butler Creek' & 'Hawke' on e-bay.There seems to be very little difference in the sizes which worries me.
    1. Do I buy smaller?
    2. Are the covers flexible to stretch slightly to fit?
    3. The grip section of my 'Quick Focus' eye -piece is slightly bigger than the rest of the eye-piece, so which measurement do I go by?
    4. Is there anywhere in Ireland I could buy them as the postage on ebay is crazy?

Any suggestions please!

Mc Carthys in Prosperous Co Kildare , have a good stock of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Go for the Hawke caps, the normal butler creeks are only ****e..the hawke ones are flexible so they fit on easier to the scope , you can get flexible butler creeks but they are double the price, i picked up the hawke ones fairly cheap on flea bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

021CRETE01 wrote: »
    Any suggestions please!

Crete,
    I would suggest that you get see through flip up covers.

I would also suggest that you bring your scope to the shop and try them on as you would a pair of shoes.

Otherwise, if you order them, do as I do. Order the closest two that fit and return the one you do not need.

Go here, there is a nice pdf that you can print out that has a bunch of circles. You match the circle to your scope and order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

Hi Liffey,
    Thanks for the info.I will check that out.

Crete

lb1981 wrote: »
    Go for the Hawke caps, the normal butler creeks are only ****e..the hawke ones are flexible so they fit on easier to the scope , you can get flexible butler creeks but they are double the price, i picked up the hawke ones fairly cheap on flea bay

Hi Ib,
    I think I actually will choose the Hawke as I have also gotten other negative opinions on the Butler Creek. Thanks for your help.

Crete

• Advertisement

FISMA wrote: »
    Crete,
    I would suggest that you get see through flip up covers.

I would also suggest that you bring your scope to the shop and try them on as you would a pair of shoes.

Otherwise, if you order them, do as I do. Order the closest two that fit and return the one you do not need.

Go here, there is a nice pdf that you can print out that has a bunch of circles. You match the circle to your scope and order.

Hi Fisma,
    I agree with going to the local shop but I live in a "One Horse Town" and the staff therein are not very informative.I'd hate to confuse them and maybe end up with a 'flip-up dustbin lid'. I will end up ordering them on line with a little help from your handy pdf printout.
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Crete

Advertisement