Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Deank wrote: »
    Based on the current Snow Radar Meath and Louth and parts of Dublin should be seeing a bit of sleet by now.

In south Dublin there was very light drizzle, but that's now stopped and the wind has dryed the ground. The trees are blossoming here, and there's blossom blowing about in the wind, making it look like there's the occassional snowflake about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    Im in Ashbourne and nothing yet, sky looks full of it though, temperature is 3 degrees according to phone and pc. A bit windy as well. clouds moving slowly in a westerly direction.

Temp here in Kildare is 3 degrees, the real feel is -5 (and it feels it), some nice convection building in the Irish sea at the moment so I'd be surprised if you don't see anything in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Only very very very light drizzle (I think, too little to tell! :o) here in Dublin 18

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

well thats all i want to know. will we get snow down here in cork tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Mech1 wrote: »
    Mine are the same, you can check it out on my live streaming camera here.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

That kicks ass, what kit do you use for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Checklist Sunday 10th March.
    Coffee On,
    Radar On,
    Twitter Feed On,
    Live Cam feeds on,
    One thing is worrying me whilst I am confident of localised accumulations across the East if winds are too strong it could reduce streamer activity tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Patchy rain here in Waterford City and feeling bitter in a moderate Easterly.

Temp 4.8c, Wind Chill Temp 0.5c, Max Gust 47km/h
    Hows the DP looking Mick? humidity dropping?

That kicks ass, what kit do you use for that?

Wow, those birds are getting a good aul feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

any reports from knock? Looks dark that direction? I've lost sight of the connemara mountains too now due to cloud. Its cold here, damn cold.
    mods....i think I replied by reporting a post by mistake. Sorry. Using mobile to post. The report post icon is right where my finger scrolls the page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Absolutely almost certainly maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

A little prayer for anyone in need of some snow: :)

Oh Lord, let it snow.
    Let it drift and let it blow.
    In the morning, no real fuss,
    Just enough to stop the bus.
    Enough to make the county say:
    "There will be no school today."
    Let the radio report: "Snow's deep!"
    And I'll roll over for more sleep.
    Then later on, say maybe ten,
    I'll turn the radio on again.
    Just in time to hear them say:
    "It's strange, the snow has gone away."
    And then I'll know, You made it stop.
    So I can go to the mall and shop.
    Please Lord, just hear my teacher's plea,
    And make it snow for the kids and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

After having a lovely Mothers Day lie in, I am now up and am quite surprised to see the ground completely bone dry! We had heavy rain all day yesterday and evening which turned turned to sleet late on. There were puddles everywhere at 11pm.

Anyway I am reliably informed that it is bitterly cold outside:D and my mum said that there was a passing heavy snow shower at 7.30am. Nowt since.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

super fine light sleety snow here in sligo a few minutes ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

super fine drizzle or snizzle falling now, it's so fine I cant tell what it is.

Gonzo wrote: »

And so it begins :D

Where are all the snow bunnies, it's a bit too quiet here this morning considering what may unfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

Gonzo wrote: »

same here, very very fine rain falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Snowing lightly in Meath.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it's snizzle, a few tiny flakes blown around in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Bit of hail in Santry... bloody cold out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Tis showing up as sleet / hail / snizzle on the netweather extra radar.

DP at 0.1 here at the mo

• Advertisement

very very slight snow/ sleet in the air in meath now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

snowing in ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Deank wrote: »
    And so it begins :D

Where are all the snow bunnies, it's a bit too quiet here this morning considering what may unfold.

In bed with hangovers? ;)

mattjack wrote: »
    snowing in ashbourne

Don't know what area of Ashbourne your in but im in Ashbourne and nothing here yet, hardly notice it in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

sparrowcar wrote: »

Nothing better than to see a bitta snow to cure a hangover !

sparrowcar wrote: »

I did think of that alright, they'll probably stick there heads in after midday

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Would Mt Leinster be worth a spin to see some flakes today I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I was wondering last night actually, for guidance like this the forum was quiet! I'm travelling today but will update if I spot any if the white stuff along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

ME Update from a few minutes ago:

Today:

Cold, windy and mostly cloudy this afternoon. Heavy showers or longer spells of rain in Munster. Scattered outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow moving southwards over Leinster and Connacht. Some bright spells developing in Ulster. Becoming bitterly cold with fresh to strong easterly winds and temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees.

Tonight:

Very cold everywhere tonight with some snow showers in east and south Leinster, south Munster and in coastal counties of Ulster. Snow will lie at lower levels as well as on high ground. A severe frost and icy patches will develop also. Northeasterly winds will be fresh and gusty. Lowest temperatures of -4 to 0 degrees.

Tomorrow:

Monday will be extremely cold with frost lingering in places all day and with scattered snow showers in coastal counties of Ulster, Leinster and Munster. These will extend further inland in the southern half of Leinster. It will be mostly dry elsewhere with sunny spells. Highest temperatures of just 1 to 3 degrees with moderate to fresh, gusty northeast winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

keith16 wrote: »
    Absolutely almost certainly maybe.

you should know cork dosent get snow no matter how cold it is :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement