Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see deepeasterly has closed his account.:( I wonder what he would make of this pattern. His vast knowledge and objectivity is missed:(

Meanwhile, it's overcast in London. It looks like the precipitation in the front has decayed over london. Hopefully some showers will get going this evening, once the front clears away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well Mrs Pistol had our first last night so now I am all in , let it snow let it snow let it snow ❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄

OMG. You mean you went to the birth of your first child instead of staying on here looking for snow news... I just don't understand some peoples priorities ! ;):p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Well Mrs Pistol had our first last night so now I am all in , let it snow let it snow let it snow ❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄

Congratulations Pistolpete just in time for Mothers Day..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'm in East Cork on high ground so I really don't snow until my after mother & mother-in-law leave my house after their Mother's Day Dinner! The thoughts of been snowed in with them both sounds like a scene from a nightmare.... so please snow... wait till they are both safely back home in Cork City ahahaaaa

:D

I hope the wife and mother in law don't read boards mr don j Farrell! You might not have to worry about Mother's Day for a while if they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Looking forward to seeing lunatics trying to get up the hill in their cars at the back of house, every year it snows people try but fail and cars are then just left there.

The Irish and snow bad combination :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Any reports of snow around Louth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

What can I say? People like to see posts about snowstorms and up to 30cm of snow etc. so obviously they won't be happy when they see posts about more realistic expectations.

What's your location?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Forecasting for Ballydesmond on boards, woo. Hopes are up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Excellent Farming Forecast a few minutes ago by Jean Byrne. Our Jean is not afraid of the "s" word. She mentioned snow around 20 times with I think one mention of sleet - not one mention of "wintry showers", they are most definitely snow given the very cold airflow we are now in. I wonder what Gerry would make of this? :eek::D

This along with the ME Orange warning just issued means ME is now officially on board. OK, coffee at the ready and radar up and running, its now just a matter of time but don't think the action will kick in until after 6pm!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

congratulation's was it a boy or a girl:D
    we will say a new snow bunny for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Junior Pistol on the way home tomorrow
    aExCysK.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Feeling good about this one. Extremely bitter Easterlies out over a horrific looking Irish Sea. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Torque.ie wrote: »
    Feeling good about this one. Extremely bitter Easterlies out over a horrific looking Irish Sea. Bring it on!

Yeah, there are some beefy looking streamers developing from Whitehaven to the Isle of Man, they appear to increasing in intensity also. might actually see some action before night falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

The North Irish Sea off the coast of Antrim is showing signs of coming to life already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Snowing like blue fck here now(donegal)

pad199207 wrote: »
    The North Irish Sea off the coast of Antrim is showing signs of coming to life already!

image.ashx?type=rain-snow-sleet&time=

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

There are some lovely showers passing to the east of me, not getting quite as far as here yet but we have had some big snow flakes blowing about in the wind. Gives me some hope for later on. Currently under bright sunshine. Interestingly on Raintoday the peaks of the Mournes are escaping showers. I haven't seen the mountains all day because they have been under cloud.

Oh, oh..we have snow..No I lie it is a heavy graupel shower. How quick things change.:D

EDIT to add that it is a graupel and snow mix.

That system over southern Ireland seem to be moving more northerly,that could give some descent snow as the cold air hits it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Weathering wrote: »
    Snowing like blue fck here now(donegal)

Are you at your home location? Radar is showing nothing,:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Deank wrote: »
    IMG01.jpg

Is the yellow a band of precip?
    If so, then I'm confused about to IOM:confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not as cold as earlier, raining here now. Was 1c but nearly 5c now. Wind feels cold though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

irish1967 wrote: »

Are you at your home location? Radar is showing nothing,:confused:

It only lasted 3mins. Clouds are thickening and darkening overhead as we speak

Also met.ie radar is terrible for the nw I contacted them about this before and they agreed with me. Good elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Smidge wrote: »
    Jesus, not much need to quote the huge image!

SMIDGE . yellow =sleet/snow
    blue =rain
    don't know how to explain the ile of man Shadow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures rising here as well, 5C now same as yesterday

kmart6 wrote: »
    Jesus, not much need to quote the huge image!

Sorry, didn't realise it was so big, will re-size now.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Gonzo wrote: »
    temperatures rising here as well, 5C now same as yesterday

The colder air is behind that weak frontal system tracking southwards. When that clears we shud start to see some streamer activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Its not really coming to life as such though.
    Looking at the radar loop,those are decaying showers that have exited Scotland and started life over the north sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Smidge wrote: »
    The yellow is sleet,supposedly.
    That's the cold front lined across the Iom.
    The shadow doesn't apply in this instance as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement