Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Is there a glitch in the radar around Dublin bay, that's a very decent semicircle going on

Others are saying there's been snow in Dundalk but all I've seen is sleety bits and some hail. Nothing lying despite how it looks on the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Snowing in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Lamppost watching has now officially begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Pretty much cold heavy rain in Cork City Centre with a bitterly cold, blustery wind. It's put me in the mood for a big hearty stew with loads of red wine in it.

I don't think there's much likelihood of snow in Cork City / Harbour area by the looks of it. It's cold, but more just that kind of Atlantic miserable cold as opposed to snow weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established

Is there a glitch in the radar around Dublin bay, that's a very decent semicircle going on

Yes it has been like that for a while now .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Yeah, it's called an anaprop, (or anomalous propagation if you;re feeling fancy). Can be caused by WiFi signals and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

0 oC in north Donegal with snow showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boom114

Rain turned to snow in kanturk north cork bout an hour ago and its been snowing since not sticking yet though:(

Rougies wrote: »
    Yeah, it's called an anaprop, (or anomalous propagation if you;re feeling fancy). Can be caused by WiFi signals and the like.

Thanks! What's the betting its someone on wifi checking the weather on boards? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

non stop rain here all day, great surf though, nice biscay low to thank for that:D:D com'n sneachta!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Solair wrote: »
    Pretty much cold heavy rain in Cork City Centre with a bitterly cold, blustery wind. It's put me in the mood for a big hearty stew with loads of red wine in it.

I don't think there's much likelihood of snow in Cork City / Harbour area by the looks of it. It's cold, but more just that kind of Atlantic miserable cold as opposed to snow weather.

You must be at sea level because most high ground is getting sleet and where I am its snowing though not sticking. Saying it's cold rain is not an accurate description of what's happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Massive flakes falling now(donegal) slight covering

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Non event for South DublinToday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It hasn't started yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Give it a few hours, dublins only starting to come into the firing line now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

There was never supposed to be an event today :rolleyes:

Wait for tonight and tomorrow.

Some promising looking blobs of moisture beginning to appear in the Irish Sea, the just need to grow a bit now and head landward

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Deank wrote: »
    Some promising looking blobs of moisture beginning to appear in the Irish Sea, the just need to grow a bit now and head landward

Any chance of sticking up a screen shot??

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

You must be at sea level because most high ground is getting sleet and where I am its snowing though not sticking. Saying it's cold rain is not an accurate description of what's happening

I'm near Washington st, and cold rain is a much closer representation of what's falling than snow.

• Advertisement

Please do, on my mobile and the coverage is bad enough that the radar won't load for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

DP dropping like a stone here down to -5.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

i heard its in cavan and Navan, anyone from there, could give us an update? still nothing here in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Pangea wrote: »
    Snow ploughing down here now, big flakes
    Where's here?

Nothing in D15, although dark clouds and a bitter wind so it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭arctictree

+0.1c here. Noticing a big difference in temps between here and the coastal stations. >3c. I wonder is this because of the strong easterly taking some heat from the sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Please do, on my mobile and the coverage is bad enough that the radar won't load for me

Radar at 1830. Possible line forming west of Southport. Might run into Anglesey though.

244447.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Nothing here in Greystones yet. Temp dropping as I type. Was out in the garden with the dogs about an hour ago & the sea was very rough looking with massive waves. Watching crufts & waiting patiently now.:)

The 2 blobs just below the IOM have appeared out of nowhere they need to beef up a bit before they hit land

Pic1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mount Leinster is covered in snow on the Carlow side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Navan is a non-event at the mo. Nothing but wind and cold with some clear skies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement