Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Look at those streamers all along the east coast of the uk!

Fingers crossed for later in the night :)

Wow the east coast of the UK looks like it's getting a sweet pasting, those streamers look heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

DP has just dived to -5c in like 2 mins here!

Now i have had a a few very strong gusts within the last minute, so maybe the stronger gusts could help bring down cold uppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

A few snow showers in Drogheda nothing lasting more than a 30 seconds but it was sticking pity :( is there any chance of a good long shower of snow later ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

North Donegal is white :-)
    Been snowing for prob last 2 hours or so. Blizzard like conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

A few snow showers in Drogheda nothing lasting more than a 30 seconds but it was sticking pity :( is there any chance of a good long shower of snow later ?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

mothel wrote: »
    I take it you're not an east coaster!

Mal is thinking logically.

MT is thinking outside the box along with a lot of other users as we've been in similar situations before that have led to a sizeable dumping in our soils.

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't call it either way. At the end of the day some people will end up disappointed imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rained here all day,turned to a sleety mix & at about 4pm we had the first bit of snow then back to rain.Dry but cold & windy now in the South East.The dark clouds building out to the N.E looked ominous earlier,bring on a bit of the 'ol white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mal is thinking logically.

MT is thinking outside the box along with a lot of other users as we've been in similar situations before that have led to a sizeable dumping in our soils.

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't call it either way. At the end of the day some people will end up disappointed imo.

He's just showing what the models are showing. I'm sure he'll admit himself that those UK4 charts are likely to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Its snowing on the northside of cork city :-P yay

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

BFBQbBHCYAAiwNy.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Its seems to snow up in your place the whole time whilst the rest of the city sees rain! What's your secret! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Look at those streamers all along the east coast of the uk!

Fingers crossed for later in the night :)

That's a kind of low res radar and the showers look bigger than they actually are.

Try this
    www.raintoday.co.uk

I had a look at the UK east coast regional forums over on Netweather and people seem very disappointed with the scarcity of shower activity so far. Little or no lying snow in much of Yorkshire for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

All quite in Santry, my nipples are like bullets though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

DP still dropping -6.3 now.

First few flakes all day now blowing in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

still 2 degrees here in Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Just back from a walk into town, nothing but light rain/drizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

sunbabe08 wrote: »

I'm also on the Northside of Cork City and it's just cold rain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭highdef

First signs of life in the Irish Sea now. Small shower should be making landfall around Portmarnock/Baldoyle in north Dublin shortly. Another passing between Navan and Kells and another in the Irish Sea which formed near the IOM which looks like making landfall between Julianstown and Drogheda. That one is building in both size and intensity. This could be the beginning of a LONG night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

All quite in Santry, my nipples are like bullets though!
    Smuggling peanuts then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

I see that some people are saying that high winds will have the potential to limited the number of streamers coming off the :DIrish Sea. Why is this?

I will be up the 3Rock and Tickknock tomorrow morning for a photo opportunity. If we get a nice bit of snow this will be the third time we have had pleasing amounts of snow this year. Is the 3Rock and Dublin/ Wicklow hills Ireland's snow capital?

Went up Kippure today, some snow lying above the low cloud but the wind chill was awesome. Gauge in the jeep said the temp was 0c before I set off but it felt like minus double figures. Face was numb after a few moments and struggled to take photos. Wind took me off my feet once or twice with the ice up there. Some great ice formations on the fences and structures. Home now and ready for the main event....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Rougies wrote: »
    He's just showing what the models are showing. I'm sure he'll admit himself that those UK4 charts are likely to be wrong.

UK4 might be wrong, but I don't know if I'd say it's likely to be wrong. It's a high resolution model that seems to be doing quite well picking up on the North Sea shower activity happening at the moment. Not sure why it would be getting that right but then be wrong about the Irish Sea?

All we can do is look at the models and then compare them to reality, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just to clear something up as there's a few differing reports coming in from Cork

1) It is snowing here (500 feet up) - not sticking yet anyway
    2) Its sleet / wet snow in most of hilly Cork
    3) Rain / Sleet at sea level

This talk of cold rain is a nonsense!!

Let's hope the radar keeps going as we are about half a degree away from some fun

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

Light snow in Malahide Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

light snow in kinsealy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Solair wrote: »

I'm also on the Northside of Cork City and it's just cold rain here.
    I'm seeing snow falling here. I'm not crazy, I can see it falling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

mayfly757 wrote: »
    Light snow in Malahide Co Dublin

I see nothing yet and I'm right near the village :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Yeah light snow shower,lasted bout 5min

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Just to clear something up as there's a few differing reports coming in from Cork

1) It is snowing here (500 feet up) - not sticking yet anyway
    2) Its sleet / wet snow in most of hilly Cork
    3) Rain / Sleet at sea level

This talk of cold rain is a nonsense!!

Let's hope the radar keeps going as we are about half a degree away from some fun

I'm in mid Cork here and it's been snowing persistently for the last hour and a half. Small flakes and it is sticking. Should be good fun trying to get to work in the morning if it holds up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

sleeting here in cork , with a change over to snow expected in the next 2/3 hours . snow showers are forecast to form over the irish sea and get blown inland as the night progresses . there may be subsidence issues i am noticing that may hampers shower activity though.
    Like · · Share · 44 minutes ago · -From Rory Irisweather FB

What are subsidence issues that would hamper showers activity???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Corks sleet/snowshield in overdrive this evening
    Xh5HS7rl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement