Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snowing like mad outside now. Not sticking though and probably won't be around for long. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffee n chocs

Think I'll have to bed now and set the alarm for around 1. I think its going to be a long night.

Hooray I just got an email from Map Alerter with a Severe Weather Warning issued by Wexford Local Authorities. Bring it on.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Streamers seem to be building in the Irish Sea now, next few hours will make for interesting radar watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've got 30 snow mad Waterford primary school kids to entertain tomorrow. I've 2 chances of getting them concentrated on anything other than snow. I reckon we'll just set up the interactive board with charts and stats and see where we go from there! They'll have me totally driven nuts because all the forecasting sites say its going to be dry as a bone in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Deank wrote: »
    Streamers seem to be building in the Irish Sea now, next few hours will make for interesting radar watching.

Not sure where you are seeing them? Small one south west of the Isle of Man is about all I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It says on skynews that its 4C right now in dublin city. Is this wrong or is it just too warm to snow in dublin right now? will it get colder, like cold enough so that any precipiation will be snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Not sure where you are seeing them? Small one south west of the Isle of Man is about all I can see.

What started off s a small streamer S/W of the IOM has developed nicely and is now quite beefy on the 20:45 radar, currently tracking towards Ballbrigan / Skerries area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Hopefully more interesting than the last few hours anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my wife's cousin just said on facebook that its snowing in finglas

Just windolened ( cleaned) the window thats direct on the lamppost. Will see every speck now )

Other half thinks Im bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Snowing in Navan now! :)) very light though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

1.1 degrees here in Naas

With a DP of -7.5 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Currently in Naas

1.3c

DP @-6.1c

Very strong winds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

my wife's cousin just said on facebook that its snowing in finglas

im from there and not a thing at all, dry night and windy but no snow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Windy as hell right now. If it snows could be some serious drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Definite pep up in activity in the latest frame. Nothing to get excited about (yet) though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just windolened ( cleaned) the window thats direct on the lamppost. Will see every speck now )

You are,we all are.Crazy snow-lusting bonkers!
    :pac:

Northern streamer now heading for Newry

Edit: This if from the NW Extra radar that updates every 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Another possible streamer forming off the Co. Down coast. I think its been mentioned already in the thread that because of the wind, these showers are moving very quickly looking at the radar. No one place is going to get signiificant accumulations unless they beef up a helluva lot or the wind lessens.

Another possible streamer forming off the Co. Down coast. I think its been mentioned already in the thread that because of the wind, these showers are moving very quickly looking at the radar. No one place is going to get signiificant accumulations unless they beef up a helluva lot or the wind lessens.

Snap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Jake1 wrote: »

I'm not alone....:D i was also told im bonkers but i think i already knew that...
    snowbonkers that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im from there and not a thing at all, dry night and windy but no snow

she's on plunkett drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Kutebride

No snow in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

It's a bit of a double edged sword alright. The strong winds will move the showers over us quickly, but then again they should be more frequent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

1st game of golf of the season tomorrow in Portmarnock at 09:30. The sled and the golf clubs occupy a space under the stairs, but which one will I be using in the morning?!?! I'd rather it to snow to sh!t and be cancelled, than play in the bitter cold on an exposed coastal golf course....

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snow has stopped here in Cork. That's it for the night I think. A big disappointment but sure that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bitter cold out. A real icey wind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

I spent an hour walking down a hill near newgrange, just got in there. the wind is so god dam cold it would take ur face off. also a few fluries of sleet and snow.
    If the precipitation is in the atmosphere we will defo have snow today and tomorrow. on the east coast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Currently 1.2c in Navan

Dewpoint -4.8

Wind 23kmh gusting up to 45kmh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Two place at the one time dude??? That's impressive.;)

Ye know yerself. When yer good, yer good. Was bringing the two mammies to the big smoke. Drove from Naas to Red Cow. Luas to Smithfield. On and off snow all the way.

Just fkn windy as hell now, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement