Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Garden fence has just gone for a hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Snow has stopped here in Cork. That's it for the night I think. A big disappointment but sure that's that.

think the radar might disagree with you there

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

sunbabe08 wrote: »

link to this radar ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

The updated 3 hour ppn from Met is disappointing..Not much expected around here before mid-night..

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Its only very light stuff and looks practically nonexistent. We might see streamers later in the night if we're lucky but the bulk of the precipitation has left the south coast without having a chance to even accumulate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Temperature 2.2c, Dew Point -9 in D14, looks like an F5 and lamp post watching night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Watch the streamers coming of Lough Neagh on raintoday, interesting, didnt think a small body of water would have such a lake effect, thought the lake effect was only relevant to the great lakes in the US..They dont last long but interesting to see all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

she's on plunkett drive

oh right, Im on the other side so that will explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Met has jinxed just no other explanation :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Relax lads, -10 uppers just coming across to us about now. The fun should only be starting to begin in the next few hours (for those of us on the east coast :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

vizualpics wrote: »
    Watch the streamers coming of Lough Neagh on raintoday, interesting, didnt think a small body of water would have such a lake effect, thought the lake effect was only relevant to the great lakes in the US..They dont last long but interesting to see all the same...

Can you explain that for me? I live west of Lough Corrib, is that good or bad for snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

IOM shadow in effect already..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

RangeR wrote: »
    Ye know yerself. When yer good, yer good. Was bringing the two mammies to the big smoke. Drove from Naas to Red Cow. Luas to Smithfield. On and off snow all the way.

Just fkn windy as hell now, though.

Just been out for a smoke and the wind would cut you in two, gonna be an interesting night watching this develop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Great weather from met Erin from jean Byrne she said over nite snow showers with 3-8 cm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Snow in Malahide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

No snow yet in Tallaght but bike has fall over from the wind ❄⛄❄ ⛄❄⛄❄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Can you explain that for me? I live west of Lough Corrib, is that good or bad for snow?

It wasn't lake effect off Lough Neagh. There's a minimum fetch of 100km required for lake effect snow. No lake in Ireland is big enough to form streamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,201 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great weather from met Erin from jean Byrne she said over nite snow showers with 3-8 cm

I do love their gravy rich.

Radar showing precip over D15 however nothing apparent. Temp is +2, keen breeze that had eased seems to have pepped up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    the dreaded IOM Shadow

The Isle of Man shadow, pfffft. You should try the Ireland shadow for size..

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Co Down streamer pepping up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Encouraging signs in the Irish Sea with some showers starting to bubble up already off the North West coast of Wales. Currently 2.7c DP -2.0c in Waterford City.

244473.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

look at this radar

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0&type=rain-snow-sleet

seems there is alot heading over from the UK as we speak, quite fast as well looking at how far its moving in 5 minute time span. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Nice big blob just started off holly head heading this direction hopefully fingers crossed

Saganist wrote: »
    IOM shadow in effect already..

Yup, the classic streamer to the north and south of it. Good to see two streamers forming at this early stage though!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Red Pepper wrote: »

Not sure if its even a streamer coming off Lough Neagh but saw it in 2010 when we got northerlys and it picked up moisture frm Lough Conn and Cullin in Mayo and dumped it south of the lakes in Castlebar...Wont be much though with small bodies of water but if there is no precipitation around every bit helps. West of Lough Corrib would prob be good from this easterly..but then again I'm only guessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Sky starting to clear in Wexford town! Very windy. I had to cut short my smoke to go back in to toast the feet by the fire, freezing cold out there!!

vizualpics wrote: »
    Not sure if its even a streamer coming off Lough Neagh but saw it in 2010 when we got northerlys and it picked up moisture frm Lough Conn and Cullin in Mayo and dumped it south of the lakes in Castlebar...Wont be much though with small bodies of water but if there is no precipitation around every bit helps. West of Lough Corrib would prob be good from this easterly..but then again I'm only guessing!

Wouldn;t be a streamer. But it could give some extra energy to an already developed shower alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Alicat wrote: »
    Snow in Malahide :)

Aaaaaaand it's stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No snow yet in Tallaght but bike has fall over from the wind ❄⛄❄ ⛄❄⛄❄

Was snowing earlier on in tallaght
    I was just out for smoke and seen some small bits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement