Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

My eyes are getting sore ... this is my equivelant of christmas morning as a kid .. what will be waiting for me in the morning?
    starting to think the quicker I go to sleep the quicker it will be morning to see what happens ... Hurry up damn curry first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

May I say a few words without getting into trouble please in reference to some of the posts on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Seems the streamer heading for South Dublin seems to be beefing up.. Soon... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

In carlow and there is a horrific wind blowing out there!!!! Been a long since i seen it this bad. no rain and certainly warmer then earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

if you close one eye and squint the other you can just make out the first few flakes falling here in Clondalkin ... oh the excitement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

rc28 wrote: »
    That flurry turned to moderate graupel here in Meath - starting to turn ground white.

Edit; stopping now.
    Where in Meath? Zilch here in Navan in fact mostly clear skies! Soooo disappointed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I really think we'll get some beefy streamers in the early morning when the low cloud shifts away, Look at what has popped up in down now that it's gone. Encouraging signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

highdef wrote: »
    Some beefy showers that passed over Newcastle Upon Tyne have made it all the way to the Cumbria coast and are just beginning to hit the Irish Sea. I wonder if there will pep up again as they get new energy from the Irish Sea??? If they do, they look like being the North Dublin streamers!
    Yes,in past experience,they do,so I'd keep watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light snow/graupel here for the last few minutes, too warm to stick at the moment but the temperature is still falling away fast 2.3C/-3.4C

Anyone have any update on what it's like in Down at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

0.4 / -9.4 Amazing dewpoint !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Still very windy in Drogheda and bone dry I can't help but look out the window every 2 minn to see if its snowing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    0.4 / -9.4 Amazing dewpoint !

Pftt

244489.png

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Hey guys, what are the chances of Wexford getting a white out tonight/tomorrow?

SHNOW! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Snow getting slightly heavier here now. Light dusting on top of cars. Breezy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pawack

Howth Summit. Temp 0.9c wind 48kph. Dew point -4.8. V.rough sea since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

There's an annoying precip 'shield' in a semi circle around Dublin. Does someone in the radar need to hit the reset button?? It's playing with my judgement of where the streamers are heading!

244490.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Are the NRA weather stations not updating for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

NRA not updating for me either!

We must be at about -9DP by now.......in Tallaght

Anything in Edenderry area? Seems to be from the meteoradar.co.uk site?

BTW the "Quick reply" is anything BUT! Takes forever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

can i ask what the chances are of arklow getting snow in the next 2 hours are? only my wife is out for mothers day and will be petrified of coming home in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Electrical interference.

Get the old ruler out and you should be fine
    flanzer wrote: »
    There's an annoying precip 'shield' in a semi circle around Dublin. Does someone in the radar need to hit the reset button?? It's playing with my judgement of where the streamers are heading!

I wouldn't imagine there to be whiteout conditions if that's what you're worrying about @admiralofthefleet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Temp holding steady at 1.7C and DP is still at -12c!

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Snowing on outskirts of Tullamore now - unexpected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

Probably a stupid question but why are the "streamers" developing so much more as they move over land, when there only source of energy has been removed? Is it because they are moving so fast that the warm air being sucked into the bottom of the showers is still climbing and condensating a good while after they have moved over land? Or is something else at play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Looking at the sat24 imagery again, that frontal cloud appears reluctant to move away south of Dublin doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

very light graupel for 15 mins now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looking at the sat24 imagery again, that frontal cloud appears reluctant to move away south of Dublin doesn't it?

Yep and by the time it does move away the irish sea will have no more puff in it! Typicals!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement