Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Snowing here in Baldoyle. just a flurry at present. light and small like my womams dandruff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

from the sat images i see the south west looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Starting to snow in Arklow, albeit lightly. 1c DP -4.4c and blustery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light snow flakes falling here in D14. :D

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

t|nt|n wrote: »
    0.4 / -9.4 Amazing dewpoint !

Only -3 dewpoint here yawn lol

850 users online at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The general picture is evolving about as expected, streamer formation is in early stages yet ... some signs of the Brittany low being just a touch stronger and further north than models have had it (which was factored into the forecast thinking because this often happens) ... have to say, this looks very much pre-blizzardy on both radar and satellite imagery, as I check the model parameters at 3h intervals, Lionel Messi just dribbled the keeper and there's nothing but net.

Well there's the Isle of Man, good luck distant piece of rock, holding back the ever changing wind vectors.

This could still explode rapidly overnight but we do have the diurnal cycle in negative mode while everything else ramps up, which might flat-line the development at times, although I have the feeling it will be pouring snow almost everywhere in Leinster at some point later tonight. We'll see, morning commute could be rather dicey. The air is so cold, it's overwhelming the usual resistance to streamer formation and explosive potential is indicated by the current profile over the Irish Sea. Thundersnow about a 2 to 1 bet with this.

It may turn out that nobody was ramping after all, no doubt someone will then come on and complain about the under-forecast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dewpoint temp of -9c at Phoenix Park.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Noob question, but what exactly is dewpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The general picture is evolving about as expected, streamer formation is in early stages yet ... some signs of the Brittany low being just a touch stronger and further north than models have had it (which was factored into the forecast thinking because this often happens) ... have to say, this looks very much pre-blizzardy on both radar and satellite imagery, as I check the model parameters at 3h intervals, Lionel Messi just dribbled the keeper and there's nothing but net.

Well there's the Isle of Man, good luck distant piece of rock, holding back the ever changing wind vectors.

This could still explode rapidly overnight but we do have the diurnal cycle in negative mode while everything else ramps up, which might flat-line the development at times, although I have the feeling it will be pouring snow almost everywhere in Leinster at some point later tonight. We'll see, morning commute could be rather dicey. The air is so cold, it's overwhelming the usual resistance to streamer formation and explosive potential is indicated by the current profile over the Irish Sea. Thundersnow about a 2 to 1 bet with this.

It may turn out that nobody was ramping after all, no doubt someone will then come on and complain about the under-forecast. :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Snowing in West Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Humidity in the house has dropped to 39%, very unusual, wheres the fkin moisturizer?

If this starts getting down graded to nothing .. there shall be some localised flooding caused by my tears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

damn, the lamp post i normal watch for these type of events, the light had blown. seriously :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Light flurry in Greystones. Stopped as quick as it started but hopefully a taster for whats to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

It's starting!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Starting to snow in Arklow, albeit lightly. 1c DP -4.4c and blustery.

nothing in lamberton

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    damn, the lamp post i normal watch for these type of events, the light had blown. seriously :(

Spooky the white you see might not be snow but a ghost :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yep and by the time it does move away the irish sea will have no more puff in it! Typicals!

How long will it continue to have an influence? The GFS has the low drifting very slowly into western France by 6pm tomorrow. Looking at the imagery, the circulation is throwing cloud up to the Cornish peninsula with a stalled looking feature reaching further up into the southern half of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still snowing away lightly here, the precip has slightly raised the temperature though unfortunately, still needs to fall a bit more before it starts to stick.
    2.4C/-3.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Just had some sideways snow here in Edendery like a light mini blizzard, lamp post right outside the bedroom window, should be a good night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

very windy here in Baltray and plenty of stars to be seen .. ..and just out of oil !!! the missus forgot to order it ..so a cold night / morning ahead here!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

If there is even a dusting of snow in Dublin I can imagine rte news tomorrow:

'Chaos: The whole was devastated by snow fall last night, with continuing travel disruption'

If every part of the country is under 2ft of snow but nothing for Dublin:

'Figures show a slight improvement in house prices in Dublin'

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Surprised Offaly seems to be getting it before Dublin, still snowing with light cover here.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Nothing here in south Dublin. Have a feeling this will be a non event with lack of streamers so far... Hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Streamer activity is showing up with different intensity depending on which radar your look at, im using meteoradar at the moment seems to being showing up near coast precip clearer. Currently 0.6c in Aughrim, DP -6.1c, Apparent: -5.9c spitting white stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Oh boy it looks like its going to be an interesting drive from North Leitrim to Cork at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning...
    I am looking forward to seeing snow.... but dang it can't be late :(

Ah sure what the hell!! Let it snow, let it snow, Let it snow! ********

Wind starting to pick back up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Light snow here for about an hour now. Streamer still going and looks to be extending further back into the Irish sea looking at the latest radar images.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

A few light flakes flying around in the wind here in bray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

snowing here,wind is unreal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement