Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Super hoop wrote: »
    Just cracked the slab open,gonna be a long night.

Gis a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

its been like a fecken tornado out in Dun Laoghaire , past few hours - no reports - surprised ther has been no gale warnings -

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Is this it or will it actually intensify ? Into like real snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I now know when its snowing without looking out the window- Humidity rises 1 or 2% when its snowing and then drops again the second it stops. :L Flakes blowing in the wind here.

Temp is 1.4C, DP is -12C. Windchill is -5C.

Dan :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

slight dusting here, mainly graupal, most of it getting blown off the ground with the wind.

We will need the showers to get much heavier and far more frequent to see anything decent by morning, the showers are over as soon as they start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

lucy2010 wrote: »

Define "it"

lucy2010 wrote: »

This is only the start, expect heavy showers later, hopefully you dont get caught in the IOM shadow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if the winds nudge every so slightly more north it wont take much for my location and north dublin to fall under that blasted shadow for the night, fingers crossed this wont happen, but ive a feeling it will, the shadow is only a few miles to my north.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I give up
    At this rate il run out of smokes going outside to see if it snowsband too cold to walk to a garage

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Knockananna wicklow 225mtr asl, like a blizzard afew mins ago up here fine 1 second near white out the next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

keith16 wrote: »

Gis a can.

Lol....virtual can on the way....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    This is only the start, expect heavy showers later, hopefully you dont get caught in the IOM shadow!

Looks like Drogheda go a raw deal this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Andrew_Doran

RH at 34% - DP is -13C!!!

Wow! It's fantastic how dry the air has been over coastal Dublin this day gone. Great drying weather. :D

This winter might not have given us snowmageddon but there have certainly been a few interesting twists to it.

jds0ur wrote: »
    Looks like Drogheda go a raw deal this time.

Only for now, wind direction will change over next 24hrs, we will probably all have a go under the shadow. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Only for now, wind direction will change over next 24hrs, we will probably all have a go under the shadow. :L

lets hope not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Very, very light flakes fluttering around here in Limerick, amazed that any part of the streamers made it over this far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wow. isle of man shadow really does exist. :eek: thought you guys were imagining it

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    wow. isle of man shadow really does exist. :eek: thought you guys were imagining it

Explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭highdef

thebaz wrote: »
    its been like a fecken tornado out in Dun Laoghaire , past few hours - no reports - surprised ther has been no gale warnings -
    Something like this: http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp?t=Marine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Go to bed.

• Advertisement

Decent coverage in Dundalk now, journey to Dublin in the morning is going to be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Decent coverage in Dundalk now, journey to Dublin in the morning is going to be interesting.

Any pics, nothing here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Blizzard like conditions in Dundalk

x0vckh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

dm09 wrote: »

x0vckh.jpg

I hate you :(

No wind in my part of Dundalk which if I'm seeing that photo right is about 500m away. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

dm09 wrote: »

x0vckh.jpg

Nice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any pics around Skerries? There should be something similar going on there.

And for the people missing out because of the IOM shadow, don't worry, you'll have your chance later this morning. Wind direction is set to change over the next 24 hours, everywhere will get something by mid-morning I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Good snow here the last 20 minutes or so. Covering quickly.

244509.jpg

244510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

No wind in my part of Dundalk which if I'm seeing that photo right is about 500m away. :pac:

Maybe step outside? Wind doesn't travel through walls too well usually :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement