Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Just started to snow here in Kilkenny town. Blizzardy type falling but it's small, frozen nodule*- flakes (is that graupel?) being blown every which way by the wind. Not settling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

snowing in the bogs of the midlands now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Any pics around Skerries? There should be something similar going on there.

And for the people missing out because of the IOM shadow, don't worry, you'll have your chance later this morning. Wind direction is set to change over the next 24 hours, everywhere will get something by mid-morning I think!

What counties are being affected by the IOM shadow atm?
    I mean on the East/North East coast(not the whole of Ireland!)!!

newbie here what does iom mean?:o:o sorry in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

heffoo wrote: »
    Knockananna wicklow 225mtr asl, like a blizzard afew mins ago up here fine 1 second near white out the next

Pics would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Currently the Drogheda area but the winds will veer more southerly throughout the morning, steering the streamers either side of the IMO shadow over Drogheda and Dublin City, and then as we go on further, the Skerries area and eventually Dublin City should get a round two I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Isle of Mann

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Smidge wrote: »
    What counties are being affected by the IOM shadow atm?
    I mean on the East/North East coast(not the whole of Ireland!)!!

mainly county Meath and into parts of Kildare, it will shift southwards as time go's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wicklowp

Nothing in Baltinglass, not far from Knockananna

Isle of Man:)

• Advertisement

Thanks mate really like this forum its quite interesting only plucking up the courage to post now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Prob the best example of the IOM shadow we'll see this winter
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Winter/Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's so frustrating here in Drogheda clear sky's I'm still living in hope but its not looking good. Can't sleep, waiting and waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

It's the Isle of Man,in set up's like this where we have e/ne flow the IOM can cast a "shadow" effect for the showers in the Irish sea hitting the east coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Can I have that gold star please? Wasn't it being offered earlier in the thread for a snow sig?!

244511.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not long in the door after a drive back up to Dublin from Limerick. There were flurries of snow from Kildare onwards, glad I made it back before it got heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Can I have that gold star please? Wasn't it being offered earlier in the thread for a snow sig?!

244511.jpg

Lucky b*****d

delw wrote: »
    It's the Isle of Man,in set up's like this where we have e/ne flow the IOM can cast a "shadow" effect for the showers in the Irish sea hitting the east coast
    Thats brilliant thanks for the info i wanted to no as i cam across it before being said i will stay back and just watch from now on avoid my stupid questions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Stopped here. Didn't last long. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think this will be rough shadow movement through the night. Might not be so wide as it drifts southerly, I would expect larger streamers either side too.

Now:
    244512.jpg

3am:
    244513.png

6am:
    244514.png

Of course it's not entirely accurate, just a rough estimation

• Advertisement

jds0ur wrote: »
    Prob the best example of the IOM shadow we'll see this winter
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Winter/Spring

Having difficulty loading that:(

Thats brilliant thanks for the info i wanted to no as i cam across it before being said i will stay back and just watch from now on avoid my stupid questions:)
    No such thing as a stupid question,don't be afraid to ask as there are excellent posters on here who will answer your questions

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I think this will be rough shadow movement through the night. Might not be so wide as it drifts southerly, I would expect larger streamers either side too.

Of course it's not entirely accurate, just a rough estimation

That's a good estimation. The only problem for some could be if the wind direction shifts quickly they could miss out while the streamers regroup. If it gradually changes, then we're all in for a shot of the action.

Super hoop wrote: »
    Bollox

who me?;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Also just to note, there is snow on the hills as far back as Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Phoenix Park 1am: Temp 1c. RH 43 = Td -10.2c :eek:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

BLIZZARD!!! ...for all of ten seconds :(

(halfway between Ashbourne and Drogheda)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Snowing here in D15. Very very light. High winds too. Not sticking.

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Phoenix Park 1am: Temp 1c. RH 43 = Td -10.2c :eek:
    Some seriously low dp's being reported,were they forecast to be this low?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement