Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Turning off the PC now and rolling over for some sleep.

I do hope I awake to a winter wonderland

I've a feeling the first words out of my mouth when I open the curtains tomorrow will be...

Ah FFS!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

frustratingly that light streamer has set up around 5 miles to the north of here!, remember things to pick up through the coming hours and showers expected until after midnight !
    dont understand any of this stuff the maps and all not got a clue :confused:can u tell me in easy words what the weather lookout for kildare is please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

dangerus06 wrote: »
    dont understand any of this stuff the maps and all not got a clue :confused:can u tell me in easy words what the weather lookout for kildare is please:)

streamers will intensify through the morning and head inland but it will still be hit and miss. snow shower potential until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

streamers will intensify through the morning and head inland but it will still be hit and miss. snow shower potential until midnight.
    thank u ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

As much as i would like to there are too many pages to thrawl through but down south in S. Kerry there was snow from 6pm until 8pm however very liitle of this stuck despite being quite thick at times.

No lying snow currently at my location however the signs are promising thus far, Enjoy it for those who aquire it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Streamers pepping up now across the east coast. Bray looks set for some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Am I right in thinking Limerick won't be seeing any of the satan fluff? :D I was just outside and there isn't even ice on the cars, doesn't feel cold either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Streamers pepping up now across the east coast. Bray looks set for some :)

Was snowing sideways in the area for the past hour, not really sticking though, gritters are out on the N11 and smaller roads already a little worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Still nothing in Drogheda. Clear sky's u csn see the stars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

A very very narrow distribution of any snowfall overnight from what I see. Frequent showers on a very narrow couple of bands.

Even Met Eireann are likely to have overestimated the potential. MT certainly did so far.

Be interesting to see what happens in next few hours. I'd say it will intensify during daylight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Jiveartist

Total non event so far, what will late morning bring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Bucketing down in Offaly. Strange kinda snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

dopolahpec wrote: »
    A very very narrow distribution of any snowfall overnight from what I see. Frequent showers on a very narrow couple of bands.

Even Met Eireann are likely to have overestimated the potential. MT certainly did so far.

Be interesting to see what happens in next few hours. I'd say it will intensify during daylight.
    3-4cm lying here in tullamore a winter wonderland
    Trying to decide whether to make the trek to Dublin or not !

3-4cm lying here in tullamore a winter wonderland
    Trying to decide whether to make the trek to Dublin or not !

Looks like parts of Offaly, Kildare just under that narrow streamer got yhe most.

I can assure you there isn't a cm on the ground in Dublin 3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Some spitting of light snow in Dublin airport, nothing on the ground.

Temp 0c
    DP -7c
    RH 59%

The wind is biting out there :(

Met Eireann morning forecast doesn't mention snow or thunder now. Just 'wintry showers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Any reports from north county Dublin/South Meath? should be few cms there by now going by the streamers?

Slowly catching up with intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Any reports from north county Dublin/South Meath? should be few cms there by now going by the streamers?

Slowly catching up with intensity.

Yes a nice dusting that's sticking to the ground here in Balrothery, prob about a cm, stopped now!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

Little in ashbourne, can still see grass though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Very light. Balbriggan got some

site16Camera109.jpg

Otherwise here is the streamers current track

1dzo0h.png

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

A few centimeters of lying snow here his morning in Dungiven, Co. Derry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Err wish wind would change slightly so south Dub could get a streamer for a while..0.6C here, DP is -12C. There would normally be a light dusting on everything with the amount of snow outside but it has all collected in strange looking mini-drifts.

Dan :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Err wish wind would change slightly so south Dub could get a streamer for a while..0.6C here, DP is -12C. There would normally be a light dusting on everything with the amount of snow outside but it has all collected in strange looking mini-drifts.

That was the forecast but it seems the wind directions are slower than expected. I still think it's on for Dublin, but maybe not til mid-morning that this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Jack **** at Green Isle/Newlands Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Light dusting in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Think I Just caught a rogue snow shower from streamer to my south, it was heavy very fine powder snow- classic blizzard snow. Only lasted 5 mins tho, still bits falling.

Dark clouds appearing to my east now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Light dusting here in Naas . Snow is being blown off the roofs creating mini blizzards . You can see it being blown down my street ! Haven't seen this since 2001

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pad199207 wrote: »
    Light dusting here in Naas . Snow is being blown off the roofs creating mini blizzards . You can see it being blown down my street ! Haven't seen this since 2001

Ditto here Pad. Dusting of fine powder snow which is blowing around and has blown into little drifts on the roof.

-0.4c DP -6.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A quick review of the Dublin City traffic cameras tells me all I need to know. Some blowing grains on the street outside in D15.

Anguish and recrimination later, first another hours kip to return to my usual morning routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Lotta amateur weathermen with some explaining to do to their kin this morning lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement