Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Can't believe it no snow It's snow joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Working outside in this wind. Questioning why I ever cheered on those damn -12 uppers now. It is viciously cold and not a bit of snow overnight to boot.

Dublin 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Decent covering here in Meath, still coming down and no end in sight to the streamer. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Sweet f all here in Cork. Bitterly cold out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Lucky you !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

All ready for it and what do i get? Clear fekin skies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Nothing in Limerick. Not even frost on the car.

Weather in Ireland is like an e-mail from the dying widow of a Nigerian billionaire former dictator. Promises a lot. Delivers feck all!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

All ready for it and what do i get? Clear fekin skies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wow, wind really blowing it in from the fields, nice dry snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Was just outside the convention center in Dublin City Centre and there was a little spit of snow, heavy cloud is approaching us here in dublin 1 area, looks like 'the darkness' is moving in lol (no , not charlie murphy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

rc28 wrote: »
    Wow, wind really blowing it in from the fields, nice dry snow.

I hate u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Irish sea is getting a bit more active....also don't forget this is due to last all day... so still a chance of a few cm anywhere on the east coast / midlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

A 3rd small streamer south of the one affecting north dublin has appeared. As in 2010 I have a feeling things will get more active in the late morning. I can't see it being too disruptive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

There's a bit of snow on my neighbours' sheds, only a dusting like, none seems to have lasted on the grass. Sky is cloudy enough though still here in North County Dublin. Might be more of the white stuff on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

People remember what was said. Last night i said ' 3-6am onwards ', things are looking grand, showers are beginning to pick up intensity and vigour and as i alluded to earlier, this to last until after midnight tonight.

Please for the good of the thread do not start moaning until tonight.

Also remember these are streamers and showers, some people will get a nice bit while others may get near nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Snow here in Dublin 1 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ah well, we move on. If it was going to be worthwhile it would have got started last night. Is bitterly cold though - interesting weather even without the snow

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ah well, we move on. If it was going to be worthwhile it would have got started last night. Is bitterly cold though - interesting weather even without the snow

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

People remember what was said. Last night i said ' 3-6am onwards ', things are looking grand, showers are beginning to pick up intensity and vigour and as i alluded to earlier, this to last until after midnight tonight.

Please for the good of the thread do not start moaning until tonight.

Also remember these are streamers and showers, some people will get a nice bit while others may get near nothing!

So we met later in the village center with our pitchforks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Beautiful beautiful morning here in East Galway... blue skiy, air crisp and clear... love it.... ye can keep yer snow!! Mind you, Im sleeping in a campervan tonight in the wilds of connemarra, so wont love it then.... just want to say thanks to all the knowledgeable ones on this forum, I check it most days, and use it as my weather forecaster... am going to look into learnign about the models etc as it is soooo interesting... irish weather may be dull but I love reading the predictions and posts here... peace out and I hope a few of you get your beloved snow today :) just not the ones who live near me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

D13 here. Twas snowing heavily and sticking for about 10 minutes there, then the sky cleared...within another 10-20 mins the sky will be blanketed in beautiful bouncy clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Big ass cloud moving in over clondalkin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow being blown around to all proportions here this morning! Making it look more and more like it never snowed at all!

Funny Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

:rolleyes:

My apologies, was typing while you posted that. I understand, but the explosive scenarios tabled ITT depended on more activity over the night. Might change, but I'd imagine maquiladora is feeling solid enough right now.

It is genuinely exciting weather all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

5-10mm diametre hail falling on rush at the moment

juicy enough shower about to hit North County Dublin, going to be ~ 5 miles north of here but could drop a cm to areas affected. biggest so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

It's beating snow at my house now in kildare, combined with the wind its blizzard-like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Streamers are like the lotto. Had doubts about last night.
    In between 12-5pm is our best chance but still below 50%
    as they are streamers. People always get carried away with
    predictions here but u learn that overtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Blizzard like in Kilcock now. Streamers seem to be favouring North Dublin and Kildare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement