Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Dublin 2 varying between clear skies and light, wind-blown snow.

We're walking in the aaaaaiiiirrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

It's teasing me :pac: I can see the big heavy grey-blue clouds about a mile or two away!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

starting here now at least I can wake the kids now as I promised them snow

didnt say how much though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Bucketing down in Letterkenny now, lovely powdery snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Another heavyish shower looks primed for spots that got the last one in North Dublin in the next 30mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Some snow pics from this morning. Streamer line has shifted south of the Dundalk area for now. So not expecting much snow in the immediate future. Line of cloud from this streamer visible in picture 1.

244524.jpg

244525.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Now the sun is out in Swords and I'm blinded by the glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

skies have gone jet black in Naas, but i dont know if its coming this way or not! Oh jesus theres the sun out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Blizzard like in D15. Car tracks being filled in as they are made.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Showers becoming more frequent in D12,just had a blizzard but not amounting to much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Blizzard in Carlow town. Everywhere white!

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Shame the descriptions are vague sometimes. Alot claiming snow only to debunked by another poster.

Have yet to see blizzard conditions. Don't doubt that some have. But calling sleet snow is a common fallacy from some posters.

I can see two streamers, one to the north and one the south. I'm in Dublin 4 and we have relatively clear skies. Snow build upon the side of the road and against walls ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

starting to snow lightly in Newbridge now, just in time for the school run

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

snowlover wrote: »
    That's crazy! To think Navan is not that far from Dub and we have clear skies no frost or ice?? :(

I live in the Wilkinstown/Rathkenny area, only 10mins from Navan and we've Plenty of Hail and snow for ya now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

Pretty heavy in Ashbourne, getting a bit lighter on way to Finglas by N2. Roads not great and traffic pretty busy. Was a bit of a snow shower at Kilshane Cross a few minutes ago but sun is trying to break through at M50/N2 roundabout. No snow at all in Duleek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Nowt in Navan not even Jack Frost even though car reading -1. Interesting. As we journey along the M3 things are getting whiter & messier.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Lisa78 wrote: »
    Pretty heavy in Ashbourne, getting a bit lighter on way to Finglas by N2. Roads not great and traffic pretty busy. Was a bit of a snow shower at Kilshane Cross a few minutes ago but sun is trying to break through at M50/N2 roundabout. No snow at all in Duleek.
    I'm near Garristown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

South dublin just had a bit of a shower..hardly anything stickign yet though :( Anybody care to raise the spirits of the south dubliners? any nice streamers coming our way? anything at all? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Devi wrote: »
    starting to snow lightly in Newbridge now, just in time for the school run
    Nope just stopped again but the bit that fell is sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

D11 :):):) The Wind bowing it about makes it nice and dramatic :D
    60208310151541676846718.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

South dub has seen nothing , is three a shadow coming from somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

Barely anything on the ground in Finglas, heading towards Glasnevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Nothing coming in and out of Dublin airport at the moment. Three trans Atlantic jets circling over navan. Hope they brought some extra fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

West Dublin not doing well out of this at all at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

Nowt in Athy.
    Small bunches of polystyrene balls on the m9 and m7 and m50. Looks like somebody opened 1 box of packaging and spread it over the country.
    In leopardstown now and the mountains are green. No snow.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

I live in the Wilkinstown/Rathkenny area, only 10mins from Navan and we've Plenty of Hail and snow for ya now. :D

Yeah and I'm 10 mins further north than you near Kingscourt and plenty of lying snow here - had a blizzard earlier. Now sky clear on one side and VERY dark on the other .......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

shower approaching dublin

edit: prob north dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Snowing in celbridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Nothing coming in and out of Dublin airport at the moment. Three trans Atlantic jets circling over navan. Hope they brought some extra fuel.

Edit: currently ten arrivals holding north and south of the airport. Nothing departing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Here's a couple of pics of Swords. My camera's sh1te though.

8547099533_29dfd147c6_c.jpg

8548194854_337b2a5084_c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement