Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    I would have thought its too cold for sleet? Irish sea might be starting to explode, need a few more frames to be sure.

Dan :)

Looks like it is, there's monster brewing just of Blackpool at the minute, a lot of the streamers coming across the UK are now hitting the Irish Sea.

It's going to be a very interesting afternoon watching this develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ohhhh white stuff falling in cork northside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Deank wrote: »
    Looks like it is, there's monster brewing just of Blackpool at the minute, a lot of the streamers coming across the UK are now hitting the Irish Sea.

It's going to be a very interesting afternoon watching this develop.

Getting heavier in Bray, minutes from the coast, just in the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

the galtees today
    8547675613_6e76866f39_c.jpg
    025 by blackbird1973, on Flickr

8547638049_94a1c5fb62_c.jpg
    019 by blackbird1973, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Waterfords chances???

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    Getting heavier in Bray, minutes from the coast, just in the last 10 minutes.

Get back to work.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Plenty of flurries in Carrigaline all morning and into the afternoon, wouldn't be making any snowmen.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Hasn't really stopped snowing in Rathfarnham for more than 30-40 mins today. Still flurries right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    Waterfords chances???

City just had a heavy shower, been lots of passing snow squalls all morning.
    Surprised how many showers we're seeing really from looking at the radar. They seem to be hitting ever since Mike posted "sun" "sun" "sun" :pac:
    Where are you? Did you try looking out the window :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Via a Post on Broadsheet a Timelapse from this morning !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Waterfords chances???

Himself just rang me to say they're getting a good shower of snow in Waterford at the moment. He's in WIT. He's not normally one to panic at the first sign of a flake so I'm inclined to believe it is actually snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ohhhh white stuff falling in cork northside :D

We were heading Northside about an hour ago,,and it gave a fairly heavy dusting of it out through Togher on Our way..

Looked mad..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In case snow bunnies around the country are getting the impression that Dublin is seeing accumulations, here's a snapshot reality from around the City and suburbs - images are around 10 mins behind

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most of our snow is gone now, only patches left in the shade. Ive never seen snow melt so fast in such cold weather. Few flurries here again blowing in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Beautiful, sunny day in east Galway, probably one of the brightest days we've had all year! Bit windy but nothing unusual apart from the clear sunny sky. I just hope i haven't jinxed it, i do not want snow in March! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Larbre34 wrote: »
    In case snow bunnies around the country are getting the impression that Dublin is seeing accumulations, here's a snapshot reality from around the City and suburbs - images are around 10 mins behind

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

This one wont make the history books.

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    Beautiful, sunny day in east Galway, probably one of the brightest days we've had all year! Bit windy but nothing unusual apart from the clear sunny sky. I just hope i haven't jinxed it, i do not want snow in March! :)

You're in the wrong forum so, the door is that way>>>>>>>>

DOCARCH wrote: »
    The showers are just not heavy enough...and...with the wind so strong and air so dry, rather than melting, the snow is almost evaporating.

Oh the irony of the dew points being too low :D

Deank wrote: »
    You're in the wrong forum so, the door is that way>>>>>>>>

Ha, i'm just surprised the west of Ireland hasn't taken a hammering like we usually do with the weather, like the time we got the 3 weeks of flooding. I'm off to try and get a farmers tan now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some small flakes making their way to Galway and blowing around in the wind, no pics though, my phone decided it needed to take a bath with the baby yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Any reports of average snow depths around the country? Is there even any lying snow about? I'm still looking at 0cm in Dublin 3. I have a feeling this event may end with a sum total of 0cm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Surprised how many showers we're seeing really from looking at the radar. They seem to be hitting ever since Mike posted "sun" "sun" "sun" :pac:
    In work unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Nothing except mountains. That said things are bubbling up in the Irish Sea. However the showers are still scattered but more intense. The only way to accumulations is continuous falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephen8wood

What city?

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    Ha, i'm just surprised the west of Ireland hasn't taken a hammering like we usually do with the weather, like the time we got the 3 weeks of flooding. I'm off to try and get a farmers tan now :P

The weather is coming from the east!

Go easy the sun screen though it's probably 2c not taking windchill into account :P

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

In work unfortunately :(

Ah tell them you need a break and have a look, nice shower atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

snowing in cork

Some small flakes making their way to Galway and blowing around in the wind, no pics though, my phone decided it needed to take a bath with the baby yesterday.

What part of east Galway? Can't see anything snowlike here and i live outside Monivea.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Heavy snow now in Waterford :-)

• Advertisement

Waterfords chances???
    What city?

I quoted above post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement