Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It is a pity it is not sticking even at such a low temperature. Might have a greater chance when the sun goes down unless all the streamers stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

My Temp graph for today

Temperature (yellow) going up and down shows the showers hitting and then the sun coming out hence rise in temps!

Windchill today is something else!

4B858D3D5034490D890B0DB4598335DD-0000334566-0003188019-00720L-F85B3C73234B4404B9A308C70BC11E9E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Will be interesting to see what happens after dark. There is some good activity out there so hopefully they can dump their load quicker as they move ashore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's sticking straight away on Drogheda but it stops snowing so quickly and then it melts away

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

No sign of streamers stopping here in Delgany...the opposite....heaviest shower yet and temp dropped to -3.....steady at -1 before that......hils above Glen of the the Downs now white...looks like this is in for the evening....Irish Sea looks very active now and intensity seems to be increasing ....full on blizzard again now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Saganist wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what happens after dark. There is some good activity out there so hopefully they can dump their load quicker as they move ashore.

what are the odds of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got a good bit of sticking in that last shower and it's just started again.

YUZhfJFl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Any streamers heading for south dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Convection rate dropping considerably south of North Wicklow, a lot of lumpy stuff dissipating over the water and not making it to Wicklow/Wexford. I think we have seen the peak, such as it was.......

Whats our lying snow situation, 3cms above 200m or so??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

mumo3 wrote: »
    what are the odds of that?

Probably about 1-2% knowing our luck this winter. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

SNOW IS HEAVY IN WATERFORD, wow!!! Heaviest since 2010 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Was up near Sally Gap and a lot of spindrift around .... not much lying up in plateau but more towards the coast...showers bigger and longer over the last few hours....radar shows a lot of activity pushing across emglish midlands and into Irish Sea.....optimism folks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Not much in Dublin. The Isle of Mordor I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

heavy snow in kilcoole now as well, really starting to stick, anyone know what windgates is like or bray in general ive to head in to work for 5 wondering should i give myself more time then im planning

Just asked himself as we live on Windgates, roads are grand, not sticking. Thank God, I don't fancy being stuck behind a ton of cars when I'm trying to get home later :rolleyes:
    A full on blizzard may ensue as soon as I'm in the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Tipping if down in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

snowing in bray.

RobitTV wrote: »
    SNOW IS HEAVY IN WATERFORD, wow!!! Heaviest since 2010 I'd say[/QUO

bragger :cool:

Slowing down now in bray but gave the cars a good covering

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

P.s. Dry & miserable in Dun Laoghaire.

Looking at the radar am I the only one that thinks the showers are really beefing up ??

• Advertisement

Sun splitting the sky here in Clondalkin bitter cold though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ohhhh snowing again in cork. seriously this one has potential

Looking at the radar am I the only one that thinks the showers are really beefing up ??

very gappy thought... they need to be for longer periods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭Archeron

Heavy showers of styrofoam balls in blachardstown!

Funny looking things, they hit the ground, then roll away when the wind hits them.

pelting down heavy here for at least last 10 mins driveway all white again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Amazing day of weather.

I'm in an area in the countryside between Kells and Navan.
    I woke up this morning and there was about 1 cm of snow on the ground. (This was at 7:20am.)

By the time I was leaving for school (8:30am) there was about 1" of snow on the ground. As I reached closer to Navan town to go to school though, the snow got less and less until it was dry. Amazing. But it then began to snow, and it's been snowing non-stop today, even in Navan at this stage, but the snow is so dry that it won't stick to the ground in the town, it just get's blown away.

Anyway, right now in the country side there's 2" of snow lying even after a thaw, and there seems to be big showers coming again, it's snowing heavy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I do think they will pick up a bit around 5:30 in Dublin south, the look a bit stronger & wont have the sun to melt as soon as they land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

This has potential. White out in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ohhhh snowing again in cork. seriously this one has potential

No it doesn't. Small 5 mins showers of snow once an hour is not going to do anything which is all we have been getting in Cork all day (thank god).

Edit - and right on cue...after 5 mins it is gone again and I can see right across to Little Island from Rochestown again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Showers coming off Anglesea are really good!

Id say the coastline from Gorey south to Wexford Town is a hotspot now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement