Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

good big flakes here in Navan now, lasting a good while too and beginning to stick, come on now lil snow, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Well that's more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Showers have been on and off all day. They have been much more frequent in the last hour, so hopefully it is a sign of things to come this evening. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

snowgal wrote: »
    good big flakes here in Navan now, lasting a good while too and beginning to stick, come on now lil snow, keep it up!

That shower just missed me. :( Is it sticking for you guys over there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

I see the Dublin Metro Area and the Naas Road Corridor are in the IOM ,.... sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

kn2k10 wrote: »
    That shower just missed me. :( Is it sticking for you guys over there yet?

yes starting to stick now, we need it to keep going for a while though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

nice enough shower incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pad199207 wrote: »
    I see the Dublin Metro Area and the Naas Road Corridor are in the IOM ,.... sigh!

You have me worried. WTF is an IOM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

IOM??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

RangeR wrote: »

Isle of Man

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Took this at 10am looking East over Dublin. It was coming down pretty heavily; looked a lot cooler in real life though.

IMAG0548.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Well that's more like it

That was much better..Really heavy for a few minutes,,and stuck around this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

RangeR wrote: »

Irritating Ocean Mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes the showers in Cork are beefing up a bit probably aided by even colder uppers (-12) moving over us this evening. I think we may just keep the showers going down here for a good part of the night and I would think anything that falls from now on will stick. Am confident of seeing a couple of cm's lying down here between now and midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Heavier shower of snow in Carrick-on-Suir now. Flakes are way bigger than earlier and it's sticky.

Not looking forward to the drive home surrounded by morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yes the showers in Cork are beefing up a bit probably aided by even colder uppers (-12) moving over us this evening. I think we may just keep the showers going down here for a good part of the night and I would think anything that falls from now on will stick. Am confident of seeing a couple of cm's lying down here between now and midnight.

Jesus hope you're right stuff thats falling now is so light its taking forever to land and then its melting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

2 decent blizzards in last 30 mins here. everone smiling. only an hour of sunshine left:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Sunset is at 18:22 this evening so an hour and a half away. Hopefully the streamers will keep going past then like they are forecast until about 10pm and if they do we should start to get some accumulations. We're not going to get any depth until then as the sun is too strong at this time of year when its only passing showers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Heavy snow in warm bright sunshine here, dont think Ive ever seen that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

mayfly757 wrote: »

This would be the case if you were dealing with sub zero temps over a long night period with the aircraft on the ground , not the cool temps we are enjoying! There is no difficulty with equipment at Dublin airport .

Ok, I'm not arguing with you at all :) just initially my post was dismissed as total rubbish, then when i explained further and backed it up with articles it then took a step back to flaws in the article. Which may well be the case. But do you have any articles that specifically say everything to do with pre flight checks for planes in winter is only after night time and no other time of day.

If you can then i will without a doubt retract all i said. I wanna learn from where i went wrong to better inform myself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thargor wrote: »
    Heavy snow in warm bright sunshine here, dont think Ive ever seen that before.

Did you see a snowbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

This post has been deleted.

I'll stop worrying about my drive home :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Some serious snow showers throughout the day here in Cork. One just passed us by now here in Douglas. I don't want to jinx it, but if more snow showers fall during the night we can expect some impressive coverings in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 navag

White snow coming in from the Irish Sea at Sandymount, it's seems to have hit Dun Laoghaire already

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had the first beefy shower of the day but it only lasted 60 seconds, hopefully will get a few decent showers after nightfall but ive a feeling it will be the southern half of Leinster that gets all the fun tonight and then just the south-east into the small hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

decent graupel shower gave a covering. Another shower on the way. Is there a more NNE component to the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Showers have significantly gotten their act together now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

pad199207 wrote: »
    Showers have significantly gotten their act together now!

What's the prediction for Naas and surrounding areas tonight Pad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

navag wrote: »
    White snow coming in from the Irish Sea at Sandymount, it's seems to have hit Dun Laoghaire already

Well thank god it's not yellow snow!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement