Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

nice snow shower now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 navag

Blizzard in Blackrock co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

navag wrote: »

I can see it from here, looks cool. Almost black clouds with snow pouring out of them. I'm just waving at them going by all day here basking in glorious sunshine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 navag

Not sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

pad199207 wrote: »
    I see the Dublin Metro Area and the Naas Road Corridor are in the IOM ,.... sigh!

I disagree... It doesn't seem to be causing a shadow- Or else the shadow is moving a lot, are the winds changing a lot?

• Advertisement

had the heaviest snow shower all day, slight covering on grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Moderate Graupel in D14 :) DP is -10C , Temp is 1.8C.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Huge blizzards on and off in Tramore, Co.Waterford.

One minute its a blizzard, can't see across the road, next the sun is splitting the rocks!

Seriously Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Cork looks in line for it's best shower of the day in about ten mins going by the radar
    This one should stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of south Dublin getting any snow, nothing in Dublin City Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I disagree... It doesn't seem to be causing a shadow- Or else the shadow is moving a lot, are the winds changing a lot?

I had a couple of posts about this earlier, this time around it looks like the mountains in Cumbria/Lake District in Britain are responsible for a good bit of the east coast missing out on showers. The showers we were getting before 3pm were almost all old showers that survived crossing northern England and got beefed up again.

The air's too cold and fast for much Irish Sea convection except during the height of sunshine. The problem is, even M.T. Cranium has been pointing the finger at the Isle of Mordor and no one seems to be listening... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

White snow coming in from the Irish Sea at Sandymount, it's seems to have hit Dun Laoghaire already

What other colours would snow be? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

red_bairn wrote: »
    What other colours would snow be? :D

Yellow? oh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

looks like a big shower is brewing in bray, maybe it can hold off til it gets dark and starts to freeze haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Was snowing here earlier for about an hour and then blue skies but it has just started up here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I notice the radar echoes in the Irish sea are getting circular in nature,would there be little low's trying to form out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Crazy weather :P its really sunny one moment, then snowing the next :pac:

Are the snowy conditions going to disappear tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lots of snow falling in Carlow town!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Its been snowing heavily all day in D14 on off, almost whiteout conditions at times but still little to no accumulation D: so frustrating. The snow flakes are just too small/fine, and too dry also, theyre just being blown around by the wind. We need big heavy flakes:pac:

another shower on the way in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

Any chance of meath/dublin area getting a good bit of snow this evening lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

whitebriar wrote: »
    I notice the radar echoes in the Irish sea are getting circular in nature,would there be little low's trying to form out there?

Now thats a ramp!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Yay, lovely little flakes of snow dancing around in Craughwell, Co Galway. Nothing that will stick or last for more than a few minutes but am delighted, wasn't expecting to see any at all :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Grand heavy shower a while ago in east cork! Settled for the first time today. I suspect some of it won't melt now with the sun on the way down. Hopefully more of this for the rest of the night and we could have a decent accumulation by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

DominoDub wrote: »
    This should warm up those who are feeling today's wind chill !

zbbXf5N.jpg

Take that picture down. Sacrilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Black dark in Navan. Sleet. Left a massive sun in the sky in Dublin 1 albeit bitter cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Will any lying snow anywhere in the country be all melted by tomorrow`?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Getting a right dusting here in South Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

lashing here,best shower so far today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Not familiar with streamers but I have noticed a change, with what looks like a mini-streamer hitting the Antrim coast. It was previously getting trapped over the Mull of Kintyre. What are the chances of this advancing inland and more specifically to the west coast?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement