Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Anything for north Louth later tonight? I think I'm probably too north for anything to happen based on forecasts here but I'll cling to any bit of hope someone gives :p
    Ye got your fill last night. I suspect Drogheda will see the action for the rest of the evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

D14, the foothills of the Dublin Mountains D14? :D

Have to say, I think people get a little carried away with their rulers/eyesight when it comes to snow. 3 inches on a footpath or road would have made an impact no one would forget. Snow piles on much deeper on grass. Heh, but if you insist of course ;)

Not Really what you would call the foothills of the Dublin mountains! I'm only at 40m ask. And yea I know what 3 inches looks like on Footpaths and roads, twas almost 10 inches deeper than that again on 2 occasions in Dec 2010. Now that I will never forget!

Some flakes blowing in the wind here...

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

can i get that link to the radar again please. Can we have a straight answer? what is the chance of snow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Ye got your fill last night. I suspect Drogheda will see the action for the rest of the evening ;)

That's true :p was just hoping for another fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

We had a seriously heavy shower here
    On the blackstairs mountains . -2 and ground is covered . More showers inbound! Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If the 12z ECM had occurred in January we'd be on a massive rollercoaster right now!

The synoptics are excellent. Going to be a bitter weekend aswell by the looks of it and more unsettled with nighttime snows possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Mmmm someday I will see this again.... :-)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Anything for south Dublin tonight you think?

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    can i get that link to the radar again please. Can we have a straight answer? what is the chance of snow tonight?
    www.met.ie is the place for "straight answers" in black and white terms

The posters on this forum aren't here to give you personalised forecasts and I posted a link to a radar site only a few posts ago. Sorry if the posts you've read aren't straight responses to your question...

Off Topic but Bank Holiday Monday:

Tad chilly!

Recm1681.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Tramore is now white, fully white, snow is still falling heavily in blizzards. Temp is around 1 degrees to -1 degrees, all water has frozen and roads are full of ice.

Hoping for a lie in tomorrow! :D

I hope the winds hold out enough easterly as some good echoes starting to appear.

South Dublin/Wicklow primed for action i feel!!

Could be tears from me tonight hah. Getting no snow is bad enough but snow 5 miles down the road is not good for the head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Seems as if the IOM effect is now in line with D15, I see dark clouds to very south and north but clear here atm, hopefully the wind direction will change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jirafa

er1983 wrote: »
    Epic snow here in Waterford, coming down heavy since 6pm, all roads completely white

And I see the game Waterford United FC V Cobh Ramblers FC has been called off, due to the blizzard.

BFGVjqyCQAAVDjp.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Tramore is now white, fully white, snow is still falling heavily in blizzards. Temp is around 1 degrees to -1 degrees, all water has frozen and roads are full of ice.

Hoping for a lie in tomorrow! :D

Same in the city we got about an inch of snow from that last very heavy shower. Just after driving home from work everywhere covered, roads slippy enough. Just heard lorry jacknifed outside Dungarvan. Be careful out there folks.

And its coming down again....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Had fun with the toddler when I got home at 6, making snow angels in the garden. Photo taking ages to post.
    Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great to hear County Waterford getting some decent stuff - it seemed to be a county that missed out a lot on past events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads don't abandon the models on us just yet because Dublin is drying up! Its hopping down in Waterford.

Can the regulars have a look at how you think this will last overnight for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Just went for a spin up to Mahon falls,very disappointed,thought there would be a decent covering. Only a dusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

After the odd shower all day here in Waterford, I went playing soccer at 18:00. Another shower had just started as I was leaving the house and I thought it'd be done by the time I got to the pitch. I was wrong. Thought it might stop soon enough. Nope! Ended up playing for the hour in almost constant heavy snow. Very cold but now that I'm back in the warm house, it's cool to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Trotter wrote: »
    Lads don't abandon the models on us just yet because Dublin is drying up! Its hopping down in Waterford.

Can the regulars have a look at how you think this will last overnight for us?

I think you're in for a good chance of it keeping up for another few hours at least. Even the UK4 is on your side which is a good sign.

ukpcp09blend.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The radar is picking up again as the -12 uppers nudge towards the Southeast.
    Certainly Wicklow to Waterford look good for another 5-6 hours at least and could see some significant snowfall. Will it make it to Cork ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Roads finally turning white here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Roads finally turning white here now :D

where are you Daniel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

( this is not a met e bash) met eireann saying rain tomorrow and some sleet. Wat is people's take on that

This day has been very difficult to forecast not least as showers are so localised.

I'm thinking Waterford will finish up for snow in the current crop of showers by 11 or 12pm. There may be a renewed amount from perhaps 1 until 4 am but it's very difficult when the models predict little for Waterford city yet have a blue blob around Tramore and off the coast.

I'm certainly open to corrections after today's rollercoaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Was lovely here in waterford city, although it has actually thawed a little outside my house. The tarmac was completely covered, now theres patches of tarmac showing through an puddles starting. Going to be lethal in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

The radar is picking up again as the -12 uppers nudge towards the Southeast.
    Certainly Wicklow to Waterford look good for another 5-6 hours at least and could see some significant snowfall. Will it make it to Cork ?!

I an glad you are having a dusting in Waterford....it is such a rare occasion for you so...........enjoy!!!

A Dublin fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

That snow in Waterford is making a beeline for Cork according to the radar! Hopefully will make it as far as Midleton :P

Don't care about those in the city ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

nkay1985 wrote: »
    After the odd shower all day here in Waterford, I went playing soccer at 18:00. Another shower had just started as I was leaving the house and I thought it'd be done by the time I got to the pitch. I was wrong. Thought it might stop soon enough. Nope! Ended up playing for the hour in almost constant heavy snow. Very cold but now that I'm back in the warm house, it's cool to see!

Ditto here. 'twas great fun playing in blizzard like conditions, tested the all-weather pitch . The drive home to Kill was fun but wasn't snowing as heavily once I hit Kilmeaden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement