Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Snowing again now here in wexford, just need a few heavy showers and it will be white everywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing heavily again in Waterford City, The previous shower left about 2cm. Looking at the radar i would imagine we will get another 2cm from this shower.

Live streaming snow here www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

mumo3 wrote: »

where are you Daniel?
    Cabinteely in D18

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Jesus lads and lassies its bucketing down here woooo hoooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Isle of Man shadow currently covering pretty much all of 90% of Dublin at the moment.

A good example of the dreaded shadow!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Serious snowfall here in Slieverue since around 6:30, hasn't really let up at all. Looks lovely. One dog is loving it, the other lad has seen loads of snow and just wants to relax by the fire :P

2013-03-11200433_zps82e2f01d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Still only light flurries in Blesslngton all day, are we ever going to get some of the real stuff (in fairness we usually do)?

Down the road in Baltinglass it's a bloody snowfest since early morning :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

There's literally one report so far of snow over 3 cm. I think Met forecasters were very wide of the mark with the temperature forecasts for today ("wintry showers" my eye) but most of the models were showing low levels of precip and that's pretty much what we got. No one needs to get their knickers in a twist over an overestimation :)

Em, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

JanuarySnowstor has been saying continually all week that there'd be no snow and that today proved it and that the models were right all along.

I'm just saying that there was snow today (and a fair bit of it too in some places) and that until late Sunday the models were wrong as they were forecasting no real snow (they were wrong from a precipitation point of view - they were spot on with the extent of the cold and when it would arrive).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

joes girls wrote: »
    Snowing again now here in wexford, just need a few heavy showers and it will be white everywhere.

What part of Wexford?? Town or county??

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Will the northern streamer shove south to dublin as winds go more northerly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

I'm stuck right in the IMO shadow. Didn't get much during the day either.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Plenty of snow on the far side/ Gap side of the Blessington lakes. A spot of tobogganing in the morning one hopes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

J6P wrote: »
    Will the northern streamer shove south to dublin as winds go more northerly?

That's the theory, if it does not fizzle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

what are the odds dya reckon of actual sticking snow in bray tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

barney 20v wrote: »
    What part of Wexford?? Town or county??

No activity in Wexford town since 6ish...unless I missed something??

Really hoping for a little bit of 's...omething'!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

South Kilkenny and east Waterford seems to be the place to be. A 50/1 shot romps home on the eve of Cheltenham :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Current situation and Wind Chill temps.

244657.png

Sadly WeatherCheck , i think ur right , not much left for us in N Dublin :(.... SE Doing best and N Leinster good tooo...

Went out to walk the dog , paths are very bad already and if it showers during the night they'll be severe for rush hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Packing it in for the moment as in the IOM gap.

Only hope now appears to be hoping that the showers to the north drift down later but looking at the model output, winds appear steady for next 6hrs only slowly backing northerly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just got absolutely swamped in the stuff walking to the shop. This is an unreal amount of snow to fall in 2 hours in feckin tropical Waterford!
    There'll be no more lilt ads made here I'll tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Any chance for Tipp/Kilkenny border regions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Roll on winter 2013 for south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

compsys wrote: »
    Em, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

JanuarySnowstor has been saying continually all week that there'd be no snow and that today proved it and that the models were right all along.

I'm just saying that there was snow today (and a fair bit of it too in some places) and that until late Sunday the models were wrong as they were forecasting no real snow (they were wrong from a precipitation point of view - they were spot on with the extent of the cold and when it would arrive).

The gfs was forecasting lights snow for a good swathe of the country which is almost exactly what happened. However the intersting bit is at no point did it show anywhere getting heavy ppn which was also correct.
    So what has been learnt (something I knew for a long time) is that the gfs ppn charts are highly accurate esp when they come within the 48 hour bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

The only time that temps get cold enough for snow to settle and the skies completely clear up. Typical Cork. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

IMG_0119.JPG

my back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Beefiest shower of the day me thinks for Waterford currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

South Kilkenny and east Waterford seems to be the place to be. A 50/1 shot romps home on the eve of Cheltenham :-)

Oh yes! snow is easily 8cm if not more here in Tramore! :D

I'll have some pics in a minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

aurora 527 wrote: »
    IMG_0119.JPG

my back garden

Ooh now thats a nice carpet! Now go mess in it NOW!!! it will be mostly gone by 9 or 10 in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Nothing in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

Good times for the lucky ones in Waterford...long overdue for them, they missed out in Big Freeze 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

John.Icy wrote: »
    Beefiest shower of the day me thinks for Waterford currently.
    You can see it clearly on Iancar29s post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement