Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Trotter wrote: »
    Amazing isnt it! Although looking at the streamer track, I think that might be it for a while at least. Would you agree?

Hands over eyes.. didn't see what Trotter just said....im in my own snow bubble and its going to snow in here all night:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

A little bit of patience could prove dividends for Dublin later when the wind changes direction.
    There won't be blizzards breaking out but still it should snow again for the northern half of Dublin sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Isn't it obvious what point I'm trying to make? There was actually very small amounts of snow (what's a "fair amount" of snow anyway) with the honourable exception of Waterford and Wexford and he hasn't been saying there will be no snow all week... And the NAE and GFS models got today's precipitation more or less fine! It gave a total amount of about 4 mm for most coastal areas along the Irish Sea at some point or other. It underestimated amounts somewhat for Louth and overestimated it for Dublin city but nothing seriously wrong?

No, your point wasn't obvious. Hence the reason I asked the question again.

Anyway, I thought there was a fair amount of snow today - by Irish standards at least.

It didn't stick as it was so dry (the irony of dew points being too low for once) but a decent amount fell where I was at least.

But sure everyone's definitions for 'good snow' or 'lots of snow' differ.

My key point though is that at one stage the models were showing a VERY dry weekend and this just didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

I think the southern train has derailed on the last frame of the radar, maybe something in it for the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

lester76 wrote: »
    Coming down nicely in tramore:D

Show off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A little bit of patience could prove dividends for Dublin later when the wind changes direction.
    There won't be blizzards breaking out but still it should snow again for the northern half of Dublin sooner or later.

Unless it dies out, which it could! (negativity)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

In all fairness I could be snowed in in Dublin, and would still be giving out and looking for more if I thought for a split second there was more snow elsewhere :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

http://www.sat24.com/zoomloop.aspx?ir=true&region=eu&lat=53&lon=-3

Are the two trains N and S of the IOM merging? I'm getting desperate at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Quite a few heavy snow squals in Arklow this evening-everything is white.
    Last Squeal passed through just now.
    There is a streamer that looks like its going to miss here and head towards Gorey for a while.

0.3/-3.7

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

I'm delighted that this was not a total non event, most People saw some snow and I hope everybody enjoyed the heavy snow in Waterford,
    Now with this coming to an end bring on Cheltenham to keep me busy

• Advertisement

If there are showers now, there should still be stray showers hitting the east coast even if they are weaker then they were earlier. Also I suspect most Irish Sea showers will have died out soon after midnight. Waterford and south Wexford may have showers till a little later but then it will just be the odd 5 minutes of snow overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Rougies wrote: »
    http://www.sat24.com/zoomloop.aspx?ir=true&region=eu&lat=53&lon=-3

Are the two trains N and S of the IOM merging? I'm getting desperate at this stage.

I hope so..maybe as winds slacken its giving showers a chance to build between Mordor and here.

Straw clutch city!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 samiboy

bray/greystones in line for some heavy showers soon looking at the raidar?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snow continually spawning over Wexford and heading over Waterford but always dying out before it reaches Cork. Knockmealdown mountains stops most of the precipitation getting through. Really, really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Right my laptop is closing on this event for here now! Could be the last we see of the 2012/13 snows!
    Now I woke up to 1.5 inches of snow on the car one morning in April of last year, so maybe this month might have a few more arctic surprises waiting for us, and I for one would welcome it after a truly appalling winter(if ya like snow and ice)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

whitebriar wrote: »
    Quite a few heavy snow squals in Arklow this evening-everything is white.
    Last Squeal passed through just now.
    There is a streamer that looks like its going to miss here and head towards Gorey for a while.

0.3/-3.7

I want more than what we got :-) ..... Is it curtains for arklow for any more snow in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

None for south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Delighted to see Waterford get some sneachta at last - looks like they're still in line for a few more showers. I know someone said yesterday that Lough Neagh didn't have a long enough track to generate showers/streamers. They may not be streamers but looks like Lough Neagh is spouting out a few showers for Monaghan & Clones tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Lashing snow south wexford now with blizzard conditions.

The wind alwsys picks up before a shower so all i do is have alook out when i hear thr wind.

Its like an alarm call for snow coming.handy or what:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I want more than what we got :-) ..... Is it curtains for arklow for any more snow in your opinion?
    Depends on where that streamer goes,its very close.
    I have it either just enough over us or to the south over north wexford.
    I guess we'll know soon.
    Its thin but about 80 miles long so good for an hour or so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The northern streamer is getting going, any reports from up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Snowing very heavy in Waterford again.:D
    edit...
    full on blizzard i would say zero visibilty, this is just amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

whitebriar wrote: »
    Depends on where that streamer goes,its very close.
    I have it either just enough over us or to the south over north wexford.
    I guess we'll know soon.
    Its thin but about 80 miles long so good for an hour or so :D

That is a nice description of a streamer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Snow in tramore!

Really surprised how well it sticked tonight compared to today :)

gbV9WD4l.jpg

ghoxrN6l.jpg

z7lp6oGl.jpg

SuKlAzGl.jpg

JnXMjTEl.jpg

41rblwpl.jpg

El998T6l.jpg

aSVnib7l.jpg

WaC4fM4l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

The northern stream just got wider!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Snowing very heavy in Waterford again.:D

For the snow starved you can view it here ;)

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

None for south Dublin?
    Probably there too but I was directing that comment at those who are seeing no snow in north Dublin right now. Anyway the snow won't be heavy but it might give a dusting to places which haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Really pouring down in waterford city now. Was driving home from Dublin port to waterford, nice bit of snow in carlow and not much else where until i hit home, proper snow wooho

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is the ME radar fcuked?

I was sitting watching snow shower after snow shower all day out the window but according to the radar there was nothing over Carlow at all.

Rainydays and Rain today are all in sync with whats happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Plenty snow in Carlow now too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement