Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Wow serious falls of snow in Waterford now, could easily beat 2010 I'd say overnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Is the ME radar fcuked?

I was sitting watching snow shower after snow shower all day out the window but according to the radar there was nothing over Carlow at all.

Rainydays and Rain today are all in sync with whats happening.

ME radar seems to offline at the moment - I can't access it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Another heavy flurry here in Waterford city. Here's a pic for those of you who are jealous!

244679.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Probably there too but I was directing that comment at those who are seeing no snow in north Dublin right now. Anyway the snow won't be heavy but it might give a dusting to places which haven't seen it yet.
    If you look closely at this satellite image you can make out the Isle of Man shadow and the reason why N.Dublin has seen little or no shower activity since morning.

http://www.sat24.com/de/gb?ir=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

ROFL - what's that on the MET rainfall radar at 1900hrs? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Plenty snow in Carlow now too!

Total whiteout her at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Plenty snow in Carlow now too!

Total whiteout in hook and crooke also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Yeah it's bad down here, just after stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This sucks... No snow in Dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Picking up again in Delgany....snow on the ground again .....Irish Sea still giving....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

The gap between the N and S streamers seem to be decreasing...I wonder will they merge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

snowing like a motherfudger. last couple of blizzards were epic:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That northern streamer really filling up. Slowly surely edging south.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Any of the MY SNOW IS BETTER THAN YOURS , MY SNOW IS HEAVIER THAN YOURS will be met with my little Yellow and Red Friends

another wards infractions and bans !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

red_bairn wrote: »
    ROFL - what's that on the MET rainfall radar at 1900hrs? :D

WiFi interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Will louth see any more streamers tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Feck off IOM. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Any of the MY SNOW IS BETTER THAN YOURS , MY SNOW IS HEAVIER THAN YOURS will be met with my little Yellow and Red Friends

another wards infractions and bans !

My snow is whiter than yours.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Snow seems to be just missing me in Blessington according to radars, hopefully a bit of luck overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nessa31

Wicklow town just after getting a heavy shower of Graupel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Quite frustrating to say the least. I'm near Gorey at about 100m asl.

It has been snowing on/off since this morning but coming in short 5 minute bursts followed by sunshine. Ground is rock solid too :( perfect conditions for some shticking :p.

Although the gusts in combination with the several dustings was quite spectacular.

EDIT: As I post that, the cycle begins again :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Pretty frustrating in D14 today, was never properly under any streamers. Im sure Rougies is in the same boat..

Hoping that we something soon but I really dont know, getting windy again here with a cloud bank moving overhead from the east.

Dan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Snowing again in Arklow, hope this is the streamer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Looks like dat big streamer is shifting, IOM shadow moving southwards winds backing more NNE. Dublin could get something out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

If you look closely at this satellite image you can make out the Isle of Man shadow and the reason why N.Dublin has seen little or no shower activity since morning.

http://www.sat24.com/de/gb?ir=true
    I am south Dublin and looks like I'm beneath the shadow but still have no snow either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Any word from Meath/ far north Dublin?

Radar getting decidedly interesting, but havent heard of any reports from region?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Jean B mentioned wintry showers for the Paddy's weekend.
    Winter hanging on :)

gfs-0-120.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Pretty frustrating in D14 today, was never properly under any streamers. Im sure Rougies is in the same boat..

Hoping that we something soon but I really dont know, getting windy again here with a cloud bank moving overhead from the east.

Dan :)

Yup, watched them pass me by on both sides all day. Didn't see more than a couple of brief flurries. Not giving up yet though!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Any word from Meath/ far north Dublin?

Radar getting decidedly interesting, but havent heard of any reports from region?

All clear here anyway and as far as I can see out E / NE. Lusk that is, relatively far north Dublin... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Bejubby wrote: »
    Lashing snow south wexford now with blizzard conditions.

The wind alwsys picks up before a shower so all i do is have alook out when i hear thr wind.

Its like an alarm call for snow coming.handy or what:)

Im in Wexford town also, I was also using the wind as an alarm! Wind came howling down the chimney around half an hour ago, took a dive to the back door for a quick smoke, and 'twas like a blizzard outside! Place is white! Long may it continue!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement