Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a Signet 100

Options
  • 06-03-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

My local school have a Europlex Signet 100 alarm system. We had a support aggrement with a company that went bust and we now have a new company doing it. I have 2 questions.
    We currently send out text messages over the PTSN and I would like to send it out over GSM instead. The new company say that is not possible but I have seen it mentioned on-line that there is a module. Is there different versions of the Signet 100 that take a GSM module.
    The 2nd issue we have is that when we get an alarm the text messages are going out to numbers that I think are not configured. I use the keypad to delete all the mobile numbers and add them in again. We still get messages going to the other numbers. Is there some other way of configuring these numbers. The support company tell me it is a major job to get rid of these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

wextipp wrote: »
    My local school have a Europlex Signet 100 alarm system. We had a support aggrement with a company that went bust and we now have a new company doing it. I have 2 questions.
    We currently send out text messages over the PTSN and I would like to send it out over GSM instead. The new company say that is not possible but I have seen it mentioned on-line that there is a module. Is there different versions of the Signet 100 that take a GSM module.
    The 2nd issue we have is that when we get an alarm the text messages are going out to numbers that I think are not configured. I use the keypad to delete all the mobile numbers and add them in again. We still get messages going to the other numbers. Is there some other way of configuring these numbers. The support company tell me it is a major job to get rid of these.

The signet system is now gone but many of the suppliers still have stock. A GSM can be added to the system if the suppliers have one. Have you the installer code to delete the numbers? A major job to delete a number from the system... If he has the engineer code this is easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

altor wrote: »
    The signet system is now gone but many of the suppliers still have stock. A GSM can be added to the system if the suppliers have one. Have you the installer code to delete the numbers? A major job to delete a number from the system... If he has the engineer code this is easily done.
    Thank you. So the Signet system is now obsolete. Who supplies the Signet systems/GSM unit and is the GSM an expensive option.
    I can go in and delete/add mobile numbers. But maybe that is not the engineer code I am using. I will check it again over the next few days to see what menu options I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thank you. So the Signet system is now obsolete. Who supplies the Signet systems/GSM unit and is the GSM an expensive option.
    I can go in and delete/add mobile numbers. But maybe that is not the engineer code I am using. I will check it again over the next few days to see what menu options I have.

The main control panel is gone but you can add the spc products to the signet. Any of the suppliers on the suppliers list should be able to sort you out with one.

That would be through the user menu.
    You may need to do this through engineering to fix the problem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is possible to use GSM instead. Its also possible to have both.
    All versions take a GSM so I'm not sure what your new company is says. All SPC modems & most SPC peripherals will work on SigNET panels .
    Your best way of going over the numbers , and in fact the whole installation,
    would be to connect SPC Pro . This may also get you past the engineer code if its not known. This is all very standard stuff that your new company should know if they are taking on this system. Perhaps you should shop around for a more experienced installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Koolkid will the spc pro connect to a signet panel ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sorry Mick the version you need is SigNET Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

KoolKid wrote: »
    It is possible to use GSM instead. Its also possible to have both.
    All versions take a GSM so I'm not sure what your new company is says. All SPC modems & most SPC peripherals will work on SigNET panels .
    Your best way of going over the numbers , and in fact the whole installation,
    would be to connect SPC Pro . This may also get you past the engineer code if its not known. This is all very standard stuff that your new company should know if they are taking on this system. Perhaps you should shop around for a more experienced installer.
    Thanks for the advice and yes I think it is time to shop around.

Good idea. Unfortunately some installers just have tunnel vision when it comes to panels and only stick with one or two easy panels.
    You need someone with more experience.

Advertisement