Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle gear in Aldi's this Sunday 10th March.

• 06-03-2013 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

CLICK

I've never bought the Aldi motorbike gear so just a heads up, I've no idea about the quality.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Never bought anything there myself except for the motorcycle socks. Don't laugh, they're actually class! Going to pick up another few pairs. Don't ask what they do different from ordinary socks either. They're just padded in a few places and made out of decent material.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

have the socks as well and quite like them too.
    Motorcycle Paddock Work Stand for €40 not seen these there before, can they be any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The socks and compression leggings/top are very good quality for the price....(bought them before)

And the adjustable paddock stand for 40 euro.....well you cant go wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

New sock and thermal's time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I wear the socks and they are grand for what they are...I wonder if the Wireless cams are any good. Might mount one on the wall above the beast.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I wear the socks and they are grand for what they are...I wonder if the Wireless cams are any good. Might mount one on the wall above the beast.....

I'm thinking the same!.. I have CCTV already but I can't view it upstairs so this sounds ideal.

On the forums recommendation I'll pick up some socks.

Slightly off topic because this refers to Lidl ~ I bought Lidl motorbike textiles a few years ago for €27, and they're a damned sight more comfortable and warm than the new RST pants I bought at the RDS!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I have two of those paddock stands from the last time they had them, so far so good. Also have the socks and base layer, the do what they are meant to.

I hope no ones buys any of the protective clothing, I have seen the state of them and the rider after an accident, might as well be wearing your normal clothes and boots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Considering picking up one of the paddock stands. Not sure about the need for one though considering I ride a marauder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Will the paddock stand actually raise the front wheel? Looks like it's only good for the swingarm, if it'll raise the front I'm definitely getting one.

Will the paddock stand actually raise the front wheel? Looks like it's only good for the swingarm, if it'll raise the front I'm definitely getting one.

You can adjust the height you want to raise, it raises it for my fz6.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking the same!.. I have CCTV already but I can't view it upstairs so this sounds ideal.

I wonder if the range will get to a bedroom, through the walls etc. For that price I would not say the range is that good or strong! :confused:
    And if you buy two of them can you watch them both on the one screen?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I wonder if the range will get to a bedroom, through the walls etc. For that price I would not say the range is that good or strong! :confused:
    And if you buy two of them can you watch them both on the one screen?

Two in the bedroom would be better, you'd wanna get a few angles :P

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Two in the bedroom would be better, you'd wanna get a few angles :P

LOL, bit much all the same coz I dont want lens flare with the light bouncing of the mirror on the ceiling!!!

:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I went over for a look today, forget about it.. Pure sh*t imo.

I went over for a look today, forget about it.. Pure sh*t imo.

So the compression leggings and tops are shyte then??

The bike paddock stand is shyte then??

The balaclava and neck/chest protector is shyte then???

The waterproof/windproof bike leggings are shyte then??

I THINK NOT...all very good for the money.

I had a look at it today and found the quality of the above mentioned to be rather good in fact.

The only items I thought were not good were the bike gloves (feck all protection in them) and the bike jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I went over to my local aldis today also to have a look nearly everything was sold, only gloves and a pair of size 11 boots were left

Was in Aldi today getting other stuff and had a look. Have to agree with Makikomi, it was rubbish stuff. Didn't even bother with the socks.
    Wouldn't have taken the jacket if it was free.
    Didn't get a look at the lids, not sure about them

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was in Aldi today getting other stuff and had a look. Have to agree with Makikomi, it was rubbish stuff. Didn't even bother with the socks.
    Wouldn't have taken the jacket if it was free.
    Didn't get a look at the lids, not sure about them

Big difference from what you said a few days ago.:pac:

Never bought anything there myself except for the motorcycle socks. Don't laugh, they're actually class! Going to pick up another few pairs. Don't ask what they do different from ordinary socks either. They're just padded in a few places and made out of decent material.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Big difference from what you said a few days ago.:pac:

Yeah, the socks are great, was going to pick some up, even had 2 pairs in my hand. But at a fiver a pair they're just not worth it, any outdoor shop has decent enough padded hiking socks for way less that do the same job.

Yeah, the socks are great, was going to pick some up, even had 2 pairs in my hand. But at a fiver a pair they're just not worth it, any outdoor shop has decent enough padded hiking socks for way less that do the same job.

So its not rubbush then...like you just posted a few minutes ago.

Was in Aldi today getting other stuff and had a look.it was rubbish stuff. Didn't even bother with the socks.

You seem to have lots of excuses aswell with regards to your posts here...One minute you say 1 thing,then you go and post the opposite in your next post.

Ah excuses excuses...:pac:

• Advertisement

So its not rubbush then...like you just posted a few minutes ago.

You seem to have lots of excuses aswell with regards to your posts here...One minute you say 1 thing,then you go and post the opposite in your next post.

Ah excuses excuses...:pac:

Yeah, you got me there. The socks were good, just over priced. Well done :rolleyes:

Yeah, you got me there. The socks were good, just over priced. Well done :rolleyes:

So why did you buy them in the 1st place and say you were going back for more???

Will you ever stop with the excuses now.:rolleyes:

PS-The only person who "got you there".........is yourself .......(what you originaly posted on page 1 and then since).

Regards.

A few bits and bobs from Aldi.

Paddock stand has 2 different quick release fittings for lifting the front or rear of a bike.:)

Paddock stand wont work on the rear of single sided swing-arm bikes.

So why did you buy them in the 1st place and say you were going back for more???

Will you ever stop with the excuses now.:rolleyes:

PS-The only person who "got you there".........is yourself .......(what you originaly posted on page 1 and then since).

Regards.
    I never bought them, a mate bought 2 pairs and gave me one.
    I genuinely was in Aldi today and thought the stuff was fairly rubbish and overpriced, no idea why you don't believe me!
    But back on topic, I'd tell anyone to go to cotters ahead of it, you'll get better gear for the same price.
    But if you're miles away from Dublin, or aren't that bothered, go for it.

I never bought them, a mate bought 2 pairs and gave me one.
    I genuinely was in Aldi today and thought the stuff was fairly rubbish and overpriced, no idea why you don't believe me!

The more you post,then more you keep on tripping yourself up with your own words and posts.

Never bought anything there myself except for the motorcycle socks. Don't laugh, they're actually class! Going to pick up another few pairs.

^^^^^^^^^
    You actualy posted that you bought the Aldi socks on page1,and you that were going to get more of them......(see quote above).

Jesus H christ do you ever stop.....SERIOUSLY!

You must have A fookin pHD in I told you so????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Sometimes this place is like a battle of Ol' Biddies down the bingo hall!

You're like the arkward recruit in the platoon who is always out of step with the rest of the troops, and only loved by his mother.

You actually play a funny game.

Cienciano, the socks.. There is not a snowballs chance in hell would I pay a fiver for one pair of those things.. Everything else, like I said 'pure sh*te'.

Thats a lovely mature post comming from a moderator.......:pac:

I found the underclothing,leggings and balaclavas/neck protectors to be of good quality.

So too is the bike paddock stand....well worth the money

The waterproof leggings are decent enough too....good quality when put up against a set of Richas or RSTs.

The textile jeans and the gloves are not so great...(especially the gloves).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Thats a lovely post comming from a moderator.......:pac:

Mak mods here now? Sh1t, never knew that... wait a minute... *looks left*.... hmmm

Mods are just posters when in other forums.

That said, if they still have the paddock stands I'm getting one on Thursday, could definitely do with another.

• Advertisement

Mak mods here now? Sh1t, never knew that... wait a minute... *looks left*.... hmmm

Mods are just posters when in other forums.

That said, if they still have the paddock stands I'm getting one on Thursday, could definitely do with another.

Well maybe be he/she should go and actually buy some of the bike clothing and actually try it out before saying that its all pure shyte and posting silly stuff.

Because I can tell you that alot of it of it is actually bloody good quality and is warm and comfy too.:)

Advertisement