Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP and Word Count

• 06-03-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

So im wondering about LCVP and the word count on the summary report,Work Experience diary and Career investigation.
    We have had 6 LCVP teachers over the past two years and they have all been telling us different things, The last one made us bulk up our word count as my word count is well over the limit by over half.

Im wondering would i get penalised for this? The content and information is accurate and its not all fluff either.
    Also for Work experience diary it's currently has 5 days, Can i bring it down to 3 if i need to cut down the word count or will i again be penalised for 3 days?

Any help would be appriciated,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Im in the exact same situation we've gone through so many teachers in the past two years everyone telling us something different.

I've read on another thread on here that you are allowed to go over the word count by 10% but I don't know how true that is

For the diary you are allowed to do a minimum of 3 days for it anything less and you will be penalised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

My LCVP teacher (who has been teaching it for yeeeeeeears) said Career Investigation & Summary Report are 300 - 600 and Work Diary is 1000 - 1500, 3 days minimum.

Anything outside that is penalised I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to go 10% outside the word count..
    If it looks far too long the examiner will take marks off but they're not gonna sit there and count every word on the page :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Anyone know if you're penilised if your writing isn't new times roman, size 12 etc?

Also margin sizes mine are narrow but it says they should be the normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

was it not meant to be sent yesterday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement