Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird smell in Tap water

• 06-03-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Off lately our tap water has been smelling funny - not exactly pungent but on the same lines. I live in Apartment block in D-7, anybody else has noticed this?
    have told the missus to boil the drinking water just in case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Water goes in your mouth, not your nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

imtdub wrote: »
    Off lately our tap water has been smelling funny - not exactly pungent but on the same lines. I live in Apartment block in D-7, anybody else has noticed this?
    have told the missus to boil the drinking water just in case.

It's probably just increased chlorination, sometimes the result of waterworks. If you leave a glass alone for 15 minutes and the smell is gone, that's what it is. It's harmless, but some people (myself included) dislike the taste, and just leave water sitting for a while to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Water goes in your mouth, not your nose

Does it, wasn't aware of that, thanks very much for your valuable advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

it's pooh.
    you're drinking pooh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Brita filter in the fridge.

winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Dead body in the tank in the attic. Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If it smells like sulphur expect an earthquake very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Someone is pissing in the water tank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

kylith wrote: »
    Dead body in the tank in the attic. Definitely.

Ah we live in a apt and we don't have attic :D, Also I thought the drinking water comes straight from the main line rather than the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

imtdub wrote: »
    Ah we live in a apt and we don't have attic :D, Also I thought the drinking water comes straight from the main line rather than the tank.

Oh there's a tank alright, in the building's attic, and there's a body in there. Mark my words.

Advertisement