Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brainwavz m1 vs m4 vs soundmagic pl30

• 06-03-2013 11:46am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody used these. I've owned the m4 and they broke, so looking at getting a new pair and torn between the three of them. I've tried the pl30s too and they are really good.

Anybody used the m1s? They are half the price of the m4s atm, but how do they compare? Which of these would you want?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

What did you think of the M4s? Have them myself a year or so & love them, both sonically & aesthetically. Reckon I'd just buy another Brainwavz iem if they broke, maybe M4s again though they have brought out a few new models since then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a set of m4's or selling my HD25's in order to finance a move for the shure se215's. By all reports the m4's seem like a stellar buy, but just looking at them makes me wary of their build quality as I've had many issues with that type of housing in the past.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Custardpi wrote: »
    What did you think of the M4s? Have them myself a year or so & love them, both sonically & aesthetically. Reckon I'd just buy another Brainwavz iem if they broke, maybe M4s again though they have brought out a few new models since then.
    Thought they were good yeah. However I didn't think they were much better than the pl30s, if at all, and they are 22$ vs $60-80. The PL30s are also my gfs favourite pair, and is on her second set.
    I'm toying with the idea of picking up a set of m4's or selling my HD25's in order to finance a move for the shure se215's. By all reports the m4's seem like a stellar buy, but just looking at them makes me wary of their build quality as I've had many issues with that type of housing in the past.

That was my issue, first the song control on the wire fell in two, I taped it back together but it could no longer be used. Then one of the ears fell apart, I had to glue it back together, but I think the damage was done because a few days later that ear stopped working. Still they were nice, I had the thinner wire as mine had the mic. I used them a lot.

So not sure what to pick up, maybe wait for them to be on sale or get the pl30s which ar a steal at that price. Seems the m1s wouldn't be as good but I dont know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That was my issue, first the song control on the wire fell in two, I taped it back together but it could no longer be used. Then one of the ears fell apart, I had to glue it back together, but I think the damage was done because a few days later that ear stopped working. Still they were nice, I had the thinner wire as mine had the mic. I used them a lot.

lol, thanks for making my painful decision so much easier :D I guess I'll be sticking the hd25's up on adverts over the weekend, if I can bring myself to pull the trigger on them - such excellent headphones - now if only I could help make your choice simpler, well your thread's getting a bump at least :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha yeah BUMP, I think I'll go with the pl30s as I borrowed them last night and think they are better tbh, and cheaper. They also stay in my ear way better and cancel noise better due to this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement