Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2013: Mod Note #316 NO RACE SWAPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

3 - When you get to the Mankini - stop taking clothes off.

Oh and:
    4- make sure you pin your race number to a layer that you plan to keep, not a layer that you plan to dispose of.

5. If you are discarding layers during the race do it at a waterstation and not along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Hello quick question

Will the bottled water in the DCM have the cap on?

Will need to disolve a few SIS tablets a couple of times during the run - The Lucozades etc do not agree with me...

Thanks

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Hello quick question

Will the bottled water in the DCM have the cap on?

Will need to disolve a few SIS tablets a couple of times during the run - The Lucozades etc do not agree with me...

Thanks

MS

I screwed the cap off last years bottles and popped in hi-5 tabs without any problems, should be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

For the half marathon they gave out these small kids bottles

http://www.shelflife.ie/img/Aug%2010/school5.jpg

Tipperary water stations at the full mararthon so i'd imagine it's them again.

You can unscrew the cap

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Cheers overpronater and MJMC

in Waterford this year they were removing the caps (makes sense) and it was impossible to get a good mix

Thanks a million

MS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Has everyone received their Acceptance Slip from DCM? I still haven't received mine (I'm definitely registered though) and I know some have received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Has everyone received their Acceptance Slip from DCM? I still haven't received mine (I'm definitely registered though) and I know some have received it.

Received mine late last week.

I know they had issues early in the week with their phones / internet and some people hadn't received them so you're not alone! Check your junk mail (came from confirmation@eventmaster.ie) and if it's not in there, drop them a mail.

I'm sure there's no hassle with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TRR wrote: »
    We need to do a little experiment, I'm going to bookmark this page and see how far off/on the mark KC's weather forecast is. If we get a decent day we will high five him. If we get a wet day we have somebody to direct our fury at :)
    'Cloudy with a touch of rain'. Covers all the odds!

'Cloudy with a touch of rain'. Covers all the odds!

Except your trademark blazing sunshine !

kit3 wrote: »
    Except your trademark blazing sunshine !
    Seriously: It's Dublin! What are the chances of 25'C on the last Monday in October? If it hits 25'C during the race, I'll buy everyone in the pub a pint*.

*: You'll all have to share it though.

• Advertisement

Seriously: It's Dublin! What are the chances of 25'C on the last Monday in October? If it hits 25'C during the race, I'll buy everyone in the pub a pint*.

*: You'll all have to share it though.

Can't handle the heat well at all. Made a mental note never to enter the same marathon as you but figured Dublin in October would be safe. If it hits 25'C it's not a pint will be needed ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

kit3 wrote: »
    Can't handle the heat well at all. Made a mental note never to enter the same marathon as you but figured Dublin in October would be safe. If it hits 25'C it's not a pint will be needed ....
    Wind is my nemesis. Connemarathon this year had 30m/h wind in your face from mile 6-20 and took an awful lot out of the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

I haven't gotten mine yet either. Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm sure we will eventually!! (trying not to freak!!).

kkcatlou wrote: »
    I haven't gotten mine yet either. Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm sure we will eventually!! (trying not to freak!!).
    If you are on the list of registered participants (check here), then you should probably get in touch with them, as it's probably an e-mail address issue (did you get the invoice/receipt?). If you are not on that list, you have bigger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

If you are on the list of registered participants (check here), then you should probably get in touch with them, as it's probably an e-mail address issue (did you get the invoice/receipt?). If you are not on that list, you have bigger issues.

Yeah I am on that list and I got the invoice ok, and I just used that link to resend acceptance slip/invoice. It only resent my invoice. It did not send me an acceptance slip :(

Thanks for that. I'm definitely registered and have the invoice/ receipt, so I was assuming I could just bring that to the expo? Do I need the extra email that other people got in the past week too? Surely if I have my receipt and number, that's enough? :confused:

I'm now thinking maybe cos I did a race in the race series, that that original receipt was my equivalent to the emails other people have gotten in the past week??? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks for that. I'm definitely registered and have the invoice/ receipt, so I was assuming I could just bring that to the expo? Do I need the extra email that other people got in the past week too? Surely if I have my receipt and number, that's enough? :confused:

I'm now thinking maybe cos I did a race in the race series, that that original receipt was my equivalent to the emails other people have gotten in the past week??? :rolleyes:

I did 3 of the race series and got the acceptance slip. I'd give it until Monday and then contact them if you still haven't heard.

Worst case, bring the copy of the invoice to the expo anyway. If you're registered, they have to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Afraid not. I did all the races in the series AND got the confirmation email with the acceptance slip.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I did 3 of the race series and got the acceptance slip. I'd give it until Monday and then contact them if you still haven't heard.

Worst case, bring the copy of the invoice to the expo anyway. If you're registered, they have to sort it out.

Dammit.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I'll wait a few days, but as you say, I've paid and have proof of that, and have a number, so one way or another, they'll have to sort me out! :cool:

Yeah I am on that list and I got the invoice ok, and I just used that link to resend acceptance slip/invoice. It only resent my invoice. It did not send me an acceptance slip :(

Not to worry then. As long as you're registered and have received the invoice, there won't be any issues. Just get in touch with them and let them know you haven't received your acceptance slip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This is from the Dublin Marathon Facebook page, just in case anyone hasn't seen it - I know there's a few on here waiting for their acceptance slips:
    Dublin Marathon Hi, a number of people seem not have received the acceptance slips at this stage. They have all been sent out last week. Anyone who has not received it by now please contact support@eventmaster.ie. They can look up the email address used when it was sent out, just in case there was an error in it. They will be able to resend to any new address or resend to the original if it was a valid address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

If people are intending to use the train

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4932&p=116&n=237

but a DART from greystones at 7.10am will get you into Pearse at 8am has been put on I believe.

On their facebook page also

PauloMN wrote: »
    This is from the Dublin Marathon Facebook page, just in case anyone hasn't seen it - I know there's a few on here waiting for their acceptance slips:

I emailed that address, and a lady called Joan replied to say I will get my acceptance slip in the post today! Fingers crossed!

On the Facebook page, Jim Aughney said that you do need the actual acceptance slip at the Expo as they scan it and scan your number, to make sure that they give the correct person each number....so going with just the receipt/ invoice email wouldn't be enough.

Thanks for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

havent recieved anything other than the confirmation email, despite emailing twice today and yesterday and not even getting a reply !! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Still haven't shaken this flu/virus thingy fully - only 1 run now since Galway Half (28th Sept) :eek::mad::eek::mad:

Might have to consider pulling out altogether at this stage - will try a light jog this evening and see how it goes.

Really disappointed tbh - put a big effort in to get into semi-reasonable shape this year and it's all gone t1ts up

Have taken the sensible/drastic (delete as appropriate) decision to pull out of the DCM :(

Thought I'd be back to somewhere near normal at this stage but no joy....feeling worn out and run down so not an ideal status 10 days before a race.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and.....
    terminator.jpg...at some point in 2014 :)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have taken the sensible/drastic (delete as appropriate) decision to pull out of the DCM :(

Thought I'd be back to somewhere near normal at this stage but no joy....feeling worn out and run down so not an ideal status 10 days before a race.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and.....
    terminator.jpg...at some point in 2014 :)

:( Hard decision to make, hope you recover soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Trampas wrote: »

but a DART from greystones at 7.10am will get you into Pearse at 8am has been put on I believe.

Is this officially mentioned anywhere? I can only find:

"DART SERVICES:A Sunday service will operate to and from Bray and Greystones to Pearse Station only."

with the first Sunday trains leaving at 9.20 am (Greystones) and 9.00 am (Bray)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

eoinín wrote: »
    Is this officially mentioned anywhere?

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4707&ci=6&p=116&n=131

Northside service too, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

murphd77 wrote: »

But that news is dated 23rd october 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Oops, so it is. D'oh!

Advertisement