Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2013: Mod Note #316 NO RACE SWAPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

This week, I'm choosing to believe in yr.no, as their weather report is far more conducive to my needs:

276748.jpg

Lots of rain. but little wind..

Yr.no is usually pretty reliable. I use it a good bit! Hopefully its wrong this time though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rob w wrote: »
    Yr.no is usually pretty reliable. I use it a good bit! Hopefully its wrong this time though! ;)
    I'd bite your hand off for those conditions if offered now! 10'C, light breeze, with just a bit of rain to put a dampener on this? Dam near perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I'm with Krusty_Clown, those conditions would be ideal for me, here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

rob w wrote: »

I would have killed for those conditions last week. Perfect PB weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I'm with Krusty_Clown, those conditions would be ideal for me, here's hoping!

And me - once it stays dry before the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Yeah, your probably right, I just saw the rain and thought the worst! Would prefer not to be rained on before the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I would take those conditions too. A little light rain during the race would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'm definitely registered and have the invoice/ receipt, so I was assuming I could just bring that to the expo? Do I need the extra email that other people got in the past week too? Surely if I have my receipt and number, that's enough? :confused:

I'm now thinking maybe cos I did a race in the race series, that that original receipt was my equivalent to the emails other people have gotten in the past week??? :rolleyes:

hi kkcatlou, you get that acceptance cert? i didn't relies there was one, have number on receipt, surely that's enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Hi, can someone post the link for setting up tracking of your number during the marathon, can t find it. Thank

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Hi, can someone post the link for setting up tracking of your number during the marathon, can t find it. Thank

http://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-DUBLIN-2013

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Setting off home in a few days, looking forward to seeing some of you. Will bring my Boards AC T-shirt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

Lads, at the expo, will there be many stalls selling supplies, stuff like High5, kinetics, anergy bars etc

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

event wrote: »
    Lads, at the expo, will there be many stalls selling supplies, stuff like High5, kinetics, anergy bars etc

Yes.

This will be my first marathon too like a few others on here. Would love the weather conditions above, not lashing but a bit of light rain with no wind would just be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

jfh wrote: »
    hi kkcatlou, you get that acceptance cert? i didn't relies there was one, have number on receipt, surely that's enough?

Hi jfh, no it still hasn't come through. They said they put it in the post on Thursday. Hadn't arrived by Friday, so really hoping it'll be there when I get home. Sounds like almost everyone else has theirs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Hi jfh, no it still hasn't come through. They said they put it in the post on Thursday. Hadn't arrived by Friday, so really hoping it'll be there when I get home. Sounds like almost everyone else has theirs now.

no sign of mine either, don't see a contact email on the site either, i think we should be ok with the receipt anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

jfh wrote: »
    no sign of mine either, don't see a contact email on the site either, i think we should be ok with the receipt anyway.

hi. I got my email on Friday from this email address which you could send a mail to : support@eventmaster.ie and it states in the email that you do need the acceptance slip to collect your race pack.
    My acceptance slip was an attachment to the email. I don't think they are posting them all out but I could be wrong.

Event Master
    061-609-627

Ososlo wrote: »
    hi. I got my email on Friday from this email address which you could send a mail to : support@eventmaster.ie and it states in the email that you do need the acceptance slip to collect your race pack.
    My acceptance slip was an attachment to the email. I don't think they are posting them all out but I could be wrong.

Event Master
    061-609-627

I got an e-mail too with an acceptance slip & bar code for the expo.

I got an e-mail too with an acceptance slip & bar code for the expo.

Strange. I forwarded my receipt email to office@dublinmarathon.ie and asked for my acceptance slip and got the following reply, but no letter in the post or acceptance slip by email. I thought I had also emailed the webmaster, but can't find it in my sent items, so will send again!
    We will have an acceptance slip in the post to you tomorrow

Kind regards

Joan

--
    Carol Mc Cabe
    Airtricity Dublin Marathon

Strange. I forwarded my receipt email to office@dublinmarathon.ie and asked for my acceptance slip and got the following reply, but no letter in the post or acceptance slip by email. I thought I had also emailed the webmaster, but can't find it in my sent items, so will send again!

Now that I think of it I had rang their number a week or so before just querying when I get all my stuff as I'm so clueless to all this so maybe that got it out to me quicker so maybe give them a buzz. Definitely is the official acceptance slip anyway. I got the e-mail on the 11th of Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

i emailed them twice, got no reply and then rang them, lady there said she never got any email from me and that the slip had been emailed out to me but i never got it, so she said she'd post it, i had also emailed the eventsupport email adress and on sunday they emailed me the acceptance slip, but office@dublinmarathon also replied to me on sat nite despite the emails being sent on wednesday and thursday and them telling me they never got them, theres something strange going on with their email system !
    sorry more importantly, the lady on the phone said in the event of not having the slip in time for the expo that you can go up to the helpdesk at the expo and theyl print it off for you there ..

Just got my slip emailed to me from support@eventmaster.ie. Woohoo....no backing out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Hi,

Had to pull out of this the other week due to illness, and dont really fancy going to the EXPO unless there’s something particularly worthwile in the goody bag. Is there ? (I'm assuming its too late to get a refund..).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

A couple of years ago they had forms in the reg area that you could fill in with your details and race number (which you'd have to in an earlier email) and you could register with that

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

raler wrote: »
    Hi,

Had to pull out of this the other week due to illness, and dont really fancy going to the EXPO unless there’s something particularly worthwile in the goody bag. Is there ? (I'm assuming its too late to get a refund..).

Bad luck. There's nothing great in the bag apart from the souvenir book with all entrants names - you get the t shirt at the end of the race. The expo is worth a visit if you're looking for any running gear / gels etc, but you may not be in the mood to be surrounded by loads of runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

http://www.thejournal.ie/dart-changes-bank-holiday-1139822-Oct2013/
    Northside DARTs and other services to be curtailed this weekend
    DUBLIN AND EAST coast rail passengers will have to factor bus connections into their travel plans this Bank Holiday weekend, after Irish Rail’s confirmation of major alterations to services through the city.
    It’s due to a line closure planned so work can be carried out on the City Centre Resignalling Project: the €120 million modernisation scheme aimed at increasing capacity on the Howth Junction-Grand Canal line from 12 to 20 trains per hour, each way.
    From Saturday to Monday inclusive, DART services will be operating between Bray/Greystones and Pearse Station only, with no ongoing services between Pearse and Howth/Malahide. Dublin Bus will accept tickets to and from areas served by northside DARTs.
    The rest of the changes to services are as follows:
    • Northern Commuter: Drogheda and Dundalk services will operate to and from Malahide Station, with bus transfers between Malahide and Connolly/Pearse stations. However, some services will operate to and from Skerries only.
    • Belfast Enterprise: Bus transfers between Connolly and Drogheda. Trains running to and from Drogheda and Belfast.
    • Rosslare/Dublin services: Operating to and from Pearse Station, instead of Connolly.
    • Maynooth Commuter: All Maynooth services will operating to and from Connolly only.
    In addition, there will be usual service alterations on Bank Holiday Monday, including a Sunday service on DART and Commuter routes.
    Irish Rail is advising passengers to check details before travelling at its website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

At the risk of causing widespread panic, has everyone actually checked the link to their acceptance slip ? I just did and found that it doesn't work. Have sent an email - won't panic just yet ....

In other news, two out of three kids down with tummy bug that has been lingering for a few days, kiddie no 3 complaining of sore throat, ear aches etc (and two of them landed in the bed last night). Don't think they'll understand if I avoid them for the week but ......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

What would be the best spots to watch the race for someone on foot /light jogging around , how much could i take in/how far out could i get - thinking of ballsbridge towards end ? and South circular midway ? , with the aim of seeing start , and finish area by time winners coming through. Non Dub here so any advice welcome ..!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

kit3 wrote: »
    At the risk of causing widespread panic, has everyone actually checked the link to their acceptance slip ? I just did and found that it doesn't work. Have sent an email - won't panic just yet ....

Works here, check if you've any updates for adobe reader to install

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

kit3 wrote: »
    In other news, two out of three kids down with tummy bug that has been lingering for a few days, kiddie no 3 complaining of sore throat, ear aches etc (and two of them landed in the bed last night). Don't think they'll understand if I avoid them for the week but ......

move out!

Advertisement