Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2013: Mod Note #316 NO RACE SWAPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

I'm sitting here relaxing at home approx 1km for start line. conditions don't seem too bad at all. Raring to get going. Sipping on a nice cup of tea to keep me relaxed. Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Good luck to everyone today, especially people running their first marathon.

Having a bowl of oats and a cup of tea and then off to Fitzwilliam Sq, raring to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Here we go....

Good luck everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Folks, did people not post target times and bib numbers this year? So many threads I may have missed it. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Is there a live stream anywhere? Apol if missed any post on it. Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Live tracking of runners here http://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-DUBLIN-2013#b=na&v=ptrack

No TV coverage either on the box or online..

And they're off....

Live tracking of runners here http://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-DUBLIN-2013#b=na&v=ptrack

No TV coverage either on the box or online..

Thanks. Terrible from RTE, TV3, TG4 and Setanta Ireland.... who clearly think we would rather watch Serie A this fine morning :eek:

"Sorry, we are having trouble starting this tracker on your computer. Please try again by refreshing this page". :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

To be fair Truman Burbank, the cost of televising a marathon would be pretty massive relative to a football match, with 2 or 3 fixed cameras. Without a sponsor, its hard to justify this.

If you look around at similar sized races around the world, its not a given that they would be televised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Really like the set up of the live tracking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Just poking my nose round the door to wish you all the very best for today. Hope the preparation you've all put in pays off and you all storm through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Frustrating that they have only got splits at 10km, half, and 20 miles. Makes it less exciting to follow updates. Suppose it's a cost thing.

drquirky wrote: »
    Really like the set up of the live tracking...

Good setup yeah, looks like its just going to be the updates at 10k, half, 20 miles and the finish. But, excellent the way you can track multiple runners..

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Frustrating that they have only got splits at 10km, half, and 20 miles. Makes it less exciting to follow updates. Suppose it's a cost thing.

Thanks, I was wondering how KC and Clarita hadn't gone through 5 k yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trowel

Good Luck everyone running today. Will be there shouting you on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Head over to twitter. https://mobile.twitter.com/FeidhlimKelly/tweets

Feidhlim Kelly is live tweeting the race. Joe Sweeney and Sean Hehir leading and through 5 miles in 25.54

They have a pacer each it appears. Lead group of 4.

Through 10 k in 31.50

Can people throw out a few boardsie numbers here for the tracker.

Something wrong with the tracker!!! Not showing that the leaders have gone through 10k yet, and they must be at this stage.

Krusty on track. Keep it up lad. Went through 10k in 36.56

• Advertisement

Men are on 5.10 mile pace.

McCambridge leading the women, through mile 6 at 36.17

Nice one, its working, must just be a delay or something.. KC and TRR running side by side by the looks of things so far, on 2:35 pace. Staggering.

Clara flying. Projected finish 2.56.xx

To be fair Truman Burbank, the cost of televising a marathon would be pretty massive relative to a football match, with 2 or 3 fixed cameras. Without a sponsor, its hard to justify this.

I always know people are serious when they address me by name!! In reply, I'd take the 3 fixed cameras - 2 helmets and the finish!

Who is this Henry O'Neill leading the race at 10k?

Itziger wrote: »
    Clara flying. Projected finish 2.56.xx

9th woman overall at the moment. Some going.

I always know people are serious when they address me by name!! In reply, I'd take the 3 fixed cameras - 2 helmets and the finish!

The audience for watching DCM on TV would be too small to justify the expense supposedly. I do sometimes wonder about it too, when they can show random county club matches on TG4, but I think the set-up for live broadcasting of a road race is expensive..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Maher pacing Sweeney, through 10 miles in 51:48.
    Hehir still in there.

Just Hehir and Sweenet left now at the front. Side by side. 12 miles in 62.26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

dna_leri wrote: »
    Maher pacing Sweeney, through 10 miles in 51:48.
    Hehir still in there.

i think Maher was actually pacing Hehir - they have been doing track workouts together in Kilkenny until recently.

Ironically - this is a marathon that would be worth watching on TV..

Advertisement