Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2013: Mod Note #316 NO RACE SWAPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Seems like Krusty has gone through half way in 1:18:12. Pace dropped slightly since the last split, by 3 secs per Km.

EDIT: Per mile I meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

McCarthy is closing the gap McCambridge, just 9 seconds between them.

Two men through 25km in 1.20.59

This would make great tv. A great pity that this edition won't be caught on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Yeah, KC and TRR still together. The slight drop in pace at that part of the race would be expected, still set for a cracking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Clara's pace also dropped a bit, Is the second 10k stretch more difficult? I don't know the course myself. Or of course it could be wind kicking in.

Itziger wrote: »
    Clara's pace also dropped a bit, Is the second 10k stretch more difficult? I don't know the course myself. Or of course it could be wind kicking in.

Second 10km would a bit harder. Couple of short hills and a long drag up crumlin road.

Edit: Hehir 6 seconds behind Sweeney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Who is this Henry O'Neill leading the race at 10k?

Looks like that a bug as tracker shows he's still leading, maybe he's in the media car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

On a purely selfish note, does anyone know what time the road closures are in place until? Specifically around the kimmage road area. Heading back to Dublin today and forgot the marathon was on.

How's the wind up there on the course? Couple of runners I'm tracking from the club had a very poor 10k-halfway..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

On a purely selfish note, does anyone know what time the road closures are in place until? Specifically around the kimmage road area. Heading back to Dublin today and forgot the marathon was on.
    http://static.squarespace.com/static/519b4b82e4b04feb42ae4c0d/t/5263056de4b0823534b3252b/1382221165144/AT-DM13%20RESIDENTS%20CARD.pdf

Hehir now has a 10 metre lead going up clonskeagh road. What a race! And Claire McCarthy is now leading the women.

• Advertisement

12 runners max allowed :(

two browsers needed :)

Itziger wrote: »

Is ecoli pacing her? They came through at identical times.

Not sure ecoli is planning on going all the way, so could very well be doing it as a pacing gig to 3/4 distance or something..

KC slowed a tiny bit, am I right in thinking the last 10k are slightly 'easier' in terms of terrain. What's the wind like folks??

KC slowed again slightly on that segment up to 20 miles but still on for a 2:37:40 projected finish. TRR has dropped back a bit from him. Conditions must be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

KC slowed again slightly on that segment up to 20 miles but still on for a 2:37:40 projected finish. TRR has dropped back a bit from him. Conditions must be tough.

Nearly everyone i'm tracking has dropped pace on every split.

Most of the people that I am tracking 2:30-2:40 are speeding up on the 20M split.

rom wrote: »
    Most of the people that I am tracking 2:30-2:40 are speeding up on the 20M split.

damn, i need to track a better quality of runner.

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    Nearly everyone i'm tracking has dropped pace on every split.

A mate of mine upped his pace by 21 seconds per mile from the first quarter to the second quarter of the race. Really hope he knows what he's doing!

Just seen Sean Hehir go through 40km in the lead. About 15 Seconds ahead of Sweeney.

Debate on the roadside which runner looked more comfortable.

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    A mate of mine upped his pace by 21 seconds per mile from the first quarter to the second quarter of the race. Really hope he knows what he's doing!

Seriously? That seems ridiculous

Chivito550 wrote: »

sounds a tad aggressive alright. maybe he knows how to tack into the wind or something....

Sean Hehir 02:18:21

Not sure ecoli is planning on going all the way, so could very well be doing it as a pacing gig to 3/4 distance or something..

Ecoli is pacing her something fierce. She's going to smash 3 hours by the looks of it. Back into the top 10 women.

Video of finish on DCM facebook page already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Up the Banner :)

Clara picked it up again. Great running. Est. finish 2.57.xx

Krusty just gone through 40km looking ok. He's about 50 metres ahead of leading woman Claire McCarthy. But Maria is only about 15 metres behind her.

Please post any updates on top two women if you have them.

• Advertisement

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Krusty just gone through 40km looking ok. He's about 50 metres ahead of leading woman Claire McCarthy. But Maria is only about 15 metres behind her.
    :)

Advertisement