Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2013: Mod Note #316 NO RACE SWAPS

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

PVincent wrote: »
    It came along the Collins ave into the back end of Raheny , and went down the Howth road...don't think it ever went up the malahide road. It was only a couple of the early years when it went thro Raheny

Yes, I'm thinking of the 80s sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

murphd77 wrote: »
    Here's some good video of it...

That was great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

It used to pass our house in Finglas. As I remember, it went from the Park to there and on along Collins Avenue. One of my uncles ran it twice in the early 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Big Logger wrote: »
    That was great :rolleyes:

Ha ha- forgot the link. Here it is: http://www.rte.ie/archives/2013/1025/482668-1st-dublin-marathon-in-1980/

Got to love the "policing" of the start line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

murphd77 wrote: »
    Ha ha- forgot the link. Here it is: http://www.rte.ie/archives/2013/1025/482668-1st-dublin-marathon-in-1980/

Got to love the "policing" of the start line.

haha, rather them than me, they all look like maniacs at the starts
    You'd swear it was a 100m sprint.

The camera action on some woman who's clearly not wearing a bra is gas, if a camera man shot that on RTE these days he'd be sacked.

Dick Hooper looks so young there.

We'll have to get a map of the route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Big Logger wrote: »
    We'll have to get a map of the route

They had a map of the route on display at the expo in the "marathon history" booth. Maybe someone took a picture, or the race office might email it if you ask nicely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

re 2013 DCM

lots of photos too on racepix.com - I threw up a few myself there in recent days - in case you haven't found yourself or many of yourself in the official photos

Advertisement